August 21st, 2008

Powder, threatening letter sent to McCain office

(CNN) - Federal and local officials are on the scene of a threatening letter with white powder received at John McCain’s regional campaign office outside Denver, in suburban Englewood, Colorado.

At 3 p.m. MT, a staffer in the McCain Denver office opened a letter containing a threatening letter and a quantity of white powder," McCain Spokesman Jeff Sadosky told CNN's Justine Redman. "Staff immediately contacted local and federal law enforcement. Staff are taking all necessary precautions, including checking in with medical professionals"

“Agents and Officers are responding," United States Secret Service Spokesman Malcolm Wiley who is in Denver also tells CNN's Jim Spellman.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Eileen

Please you Obamodites are rude and ignorant- if I was even considering voting for Obama (I am a Democrat) the sh..t I see all of you write here and other blogs makes me wonder how much brains you will have to be able to to pull the right lever on election day. Grow up- oh and by the way, McCain might not remember he has 7 homes but at least he knows we have 50 states.

August 21, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  2. ree

Just think if it was Obama. I can't believe how hateful you people are. I could never vote for a candidate who had supporters like you people. You hateful people are turing us away from Obama.

Jeff D you are a very sick person. How would you like it if someone said that about Obama?

August 21, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  3. Truth

This is plain stupid. We can disagree without making threats to the candidates. Long live both Obama and McCain.

August 21, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  4. Northwest Washington

Occupy Iraq, increase offensive in Afganistan, prepare to attack Iran, gin up a good war with Russia to defend Georgia and possible more biologically hazardous letters being sent out in the U.S. I am so frightened now, I feel like the only thing I have left , in order to save my trembling soul, is to vote another Republican into the White House. Oh, I hope nothing else really frightening happens to frighten us. I am maxing out on my ability to keep track of all these horrible things.

August 21, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  5. JWC

I love how most of the Obamaniacs here are hoping it would kill him or thinking it was some sort part of the "great, right wing conspiracy."

Conservative for life!

August 21, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  6. Illinois 2

HOPEFULLY THIS DID NOT COME FROM AN OBAMA SUPPORTER, AFTER ALL THINGS LIKE THIS JUST DO NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL, WE AS A COUNTRY DON'T NEED THIS TYPE OF TROUBLE TO EITHER NOMINEE.........

August 21, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  7. Ll

Well, very sad. While James Dobson's clan is praying for rain on Obama, their candidate is being threatened.

Hope they both stay safe – Obama 08

August 21, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  8. Franky

By the way guys, I heard what happen to the Democrat in Arkansas. That literally is ashame to me.

What is happening to our country guys?? Most importantly, I'm ashame because that's not Conservatism, that does not make us look good...

August 21, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  9. Leroy Jenkins

Yeah right. Sounds like a set up because McSame isn't getting enough attention from the media. And they say Obama has a big ego...Ha!

August 21, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |