August 22nd, 2008

Activity at the Bidens

Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.
Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.

(CNN) - After hours staking out Joe Biden's Delaware home with no sign of the prospective VP candidate, reporters are now witnessing a flurry of activity.

Cars have recently pulled into the driveway - including a police car - and Biden's daughter, son, and wife are now believed to be inside.

Is the Delaware Democrat gathering his family ahead of a big announcement?

Stay tuned!

Catch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/Live

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Karina

Oh wow, so all it will take is a 5 gallon bucket full worth of voters to pull Obama over the victory line? That's about how many votes Biden got in the primary! Go Republicans.....! Go McCain! Looks like your strategy worked after-all!!!!

McCain 2008!!

August 22, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  2. noumentor

greater moves for ...freedom,democracy,and capitalism.... ;)

August 22, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  3. NOBAMA

Ed in florida, Please get a life. This is a joke. Is Casey comming out of the courthouse. Thats what this media frenzy looks like. I like joe biden but not enough to vote for Obama. Sorry. Hilary will get my vote and my money.

August 22, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  4. GO Away!!

To– RJ, CA–McCain for president — a grown-up ready to do a grown-up job!-** An OLD Half Dead War Monger 8 more years Of Bush **

OBAMA/BIDEN 08
    OBAMA/BIDEN 08
    OBAMA/BIDEN 08
    OBAMA/BIDEN 08
    OBAMA/BIDEN 08
    OBAMA/BIDEN 08

August 22, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  5. carl in SD

if it is anybody but Clinton it'll be a disaster. Biden. they cannot be serious. The BO campaign has to get over itself. I feel like BO and his campaign are being extraordinarily patronizing with all this coyness about the VP pick. We are seriously going to loose to grandpa Munster McCain November. This was going to be so easy until the Obama and legion of idiots ruined any chances we had to take back the presidency.

August 22, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  6. Wayne

I think you media hacks are about to pee your pants. Since when has a VP pick generated so mcuh press? Really? What is with all the hype, its just going to be another Washington insider no matter who he picks......wake me up when it all over.

Seriously, can we just start all over? Kick all the bumbs out!

August 22, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  7. Stephen Bates

McCain/Moses 2008(B.C)

August 22, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  8. rao

Well, david jack, YOU sure were here.

Hope you PUMA/McCainers wake up and smell the 100-year war soon. Getting out in 2012 my derriere. I feel sorry for you guys. Because in 5 yrs, if McCain has been in power, you all will feel just as sick about your vote as do those that voted Bush into his second term.

August 22, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  9. Scott in MN

I hope it's Biden or a Hillary-Surprise – either unveiled on Wednesday night.

John McCain has convinced me that he is senile... and a poor choice to run such a complex country. His fellow POW Philip Butler isn't voting for McCain, and neither am I.

Obama/Biden/Clinton(?)08!!!!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  10. Independent in NC

I'm staying tuned, maybe they'll order pizza. Or will it be Chinese? I'm on the edge of my seat!

August 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  11. val

I think the fact that Obama is sending out a text message to tell us who his VP will be is further proof that he is a celebrity more than a politician!

August 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  12. angie in dallas 28

hopeful

August 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  13. Rhonda

the word "anti-climactic" comes to mind

August 22, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  14. Alice in Florida

LOL! Bam Bam looks more foolish by the second! What an anti-climax!!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  15. Alice in Florida

Then again, Bam Bam has ALWAYS looked rather clownish unless he's reading from a pre-written speech on his teleprompter

All the "um, uh, um, duh's" make him look even dumber than Paris Hilton! At LEAST she doesn't stutter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She states PROUDLY (without stuttering!) "It's HOT!" or "He's HOT!" or "That's HOT!"

Yikes! I NEVER thought in a million years that I would say that Paris is smarter than anyone!!!!!! But I think she's smarter than Obama……at least she doesn't stutter when asked a question……!

August 22, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  16. Capitalist Infidel

Mr. hair plugs? Bwahahahahaha!!!! Obama is selecting the "dumbest man in the Senate? Bwahahahaha!!!! This is going to be a cakewalk. And I can't stand McCain but at least he won't destroy the country.

August 22, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  17. Alice in Florida

Poor Judas the Traitor Richardson wasn't the chosen one????? He must be so UPSET

Poor thing – he MUST HAVE GOTTEN SO OFF on the thought of being the first Hispanic VP….!

Poor thing………! Bam Bam "changes" like the wind…….! That's the ONLY "change" we can believe in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judas Richardson can console himself with the thirty pieces of silver he got from Bam Bam

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  18. R.B.

Evan Bayh of Indiana

You'll see.

August 22, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  19. Linda from Indiana

Sorry it is not Hillary Clinton. Hopefully Joe Biden can bring Obama down to earth and quit playing his games. This is an election to run the best country in the world! So why the big deal about text messaging?????? Make the announcement and get on with dealing with the economy and the Iraq War and the war in Afganistan and gas prices ETC.

August 22, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  20. Joe in NJ

Sounds more like a hostage situation.

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  21. Aurelio Rodriguez Jr

Obama/Biden!!!!!!!!

No to McSame!

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  22. Mike in Houston

Great. I can't wait to hear what speech Biden plagerizes in his acceptance speech! "we wil fight them on the beaches...."

A neophite and a plagerist. What a loser ticket.

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  23. Barbara - NC

I'm 65 and I think this is great. Not stuck in horse and buggy days. If he advances everything else into the 21st century this will be great (can we start by making new technology MANDATORY for our politicians?? hint hint hint)

Just think CNN – what if you all were stuck in the radio world – we don't want to be stuck in the previous century either !!!!!!

If a president isn't forward thinking, we're all in trouble. (frankly, I'm sick of hearing about NAM – we have bigger fish to fry)

Go Obama/whomever '08 – know you have been very thoughtful in this process.

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  24. dilmont

Maybe the police are there because the neighbors have complained about the gaggle of reporters hanging out and disrupting the lives of everyone around?

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  25. M Johnson

Carville and Begala are stirring the pot of angry Clinton supporters. Why? Because if Clinton is not on the ticket nobody will care anymore what they have to say. Keeping the Clinton anger alive is job security for them.

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |