August 22nd, 2008

Activity at the Bidens

Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.
Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.

(CNN) - After hours staking out Joe Biden's Delaware home with no sign of the prospective VP candidate, reporters are now witnessing a flurry of activity.

Cars have recently pulled into the driveway - including a police car - and Biden's daughter, son, and wife are now believed to be inside.

Is the Delaware Democrat gathering his family ahead of a big announcement?

Stay tuned!

Catch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/Live

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Karl Warrington

Biden will make a great attack dog, but I worry about his BIG MOUTH! I don't know. All this anticipation for Joe Biden! What about George Michelle? I am glad he is not picking Hillary. I voted for Hillary, but she and Bill would always be making news. They would be very distracting.

August 22, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  2. wayne

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not hilary

August 22, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  3. Richie

Eric, are you seriously thinking that an online poll done by AOL which has more than likely has been raided by a conservative website or something is a credible pol source? For God's sake, it shows Obama losing EVERY STATE. Even Illinois.

August 22, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  4. Magical

I'm so glad it's not Hillary. He would have no chance of winning if she was on the ticket.

August 22, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  5. Marie, Indiana

Agree with Oam. Ummm....It is the media dragging this out.Obama said he would tell us when he is ready. Obama is not the one saying it will be Friday at 3am, then Friday at noon, then Friday at 5. THE MEDIA keeps this up.

August 22, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  6. Howie

very funny, Biden could hardly swing a few votes in the primary, now he will be the VP choice??????????

August 22, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  7. Heidi

Why Biden Would Be Bad: There's a bit of C-SPAN tape that should surface quickly if he's named. ... Remember, it wasn't Biden's plagiarism that knocked him out of the 1988 race. It was "'I think I have a much higher I.Q. than you do"–a bizarre videotaped putdown that Biden immediately called into question with five (5) boasts about his academic record, four (4) of which turned out to be easily disproved B.S. ...

August 22, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  8. Shane

obama / clinton or no vote from me

August 22, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  9. johnt

obama spent over fifty million dollars on campaign advrtising in july telling you why you should not vote for mccain. now they are in a dead heat. somebody is sending somebody a signal.

August 22, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  10. Dan in Sacramento, CA

RJ,

Are you getting your McCain "points" for bloggin about him? You've posted this identical response to other CNN articles. Are those points redeemable for cigarettes or what? I'd go for the luggage cause that's some nice luggage.

August 22, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  11. Heidi

Whoo whoo is RIGHT... Go Operation Chaos....

August 22, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  12. jeanette

It's going to be a 3am text! LOL
    Seriously – no matter who Senator Obama chooses I will support them fully.

August 22, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  13. Will

Hey RJ in CA. I hate to show your ignorance (it's too easy) but any poll that is dated August 18-25 is probably not acurate, as it's only August 22nd. Nice try. Desperate times (and angry, old, senile, lying, cheating adulterers) require desperate measures.

August 22, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  14. Texas Trail Dog

Well if it's Joe Biden then OBAMA is admitting he does not have enough experience to be President. Enough said on that part. If he believes Biden is what he will need to gain the White House he is again so mislead. Biden is and has been a laughing joke in Washington. He is bad as the Kennedys, Kerrys, Deans, Pelosi and the like.

August 22, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  15. Donna

Now it would be really funny if someone from the household left with the media following them and they go to Target or someplace like that...lol

RJ grow up...McCain would LOVE it if people were THIS interested in his choice...his turn is coming...let's see how he acts...of course that will also be his 100th birthday so don't expect too much!!!

August 22, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  16. Mark

If Joe Biden gets in as VP would that help the cause of abortion to be eliminated?

August 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  17. nola

This has me sitting on the edge of my chair – I hope that it is not Hilliary – while I could deal with her but she brings Bill and all of his drama. I think that it is great if he has selected Biden to be his vice president. Senator Biden is knowledgeable about foreign affairs, has a great personaility, and most of all can relate to the average John and Jane Blow

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

August 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  18. ron

did you see how many speakers there will be on Monday when Michelle will be speaking. did you see how many speakers will be speaking when Hillary speaks on Thursday. hope she is not the last speaker they will probably run out of time before they get to her. talk about disrespect

August 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  19. Reality

"Cars have recently pulled into the driveway — including a police car — and Biden's daughter, son, and wife are now believed to be inside."

Didn't his daughter and wife die in a car crash in the early-1970s leaving only Biden and the two sons?

August 22, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  20. Arizona Senior

Ask yourself – "Do I really want songbird McCain to be my president?"
    Ask the Viet Nam vets, find out about the "cross-in-the-dirt" story in Solzhenitsyn's book "Gulag Archipeligo" – do you think he stole the story from McCain? But, wait, Solzhenitsyn's story had the cross in the sand, (my bad).

August 22, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  21. Surge

Obama – Biden. What a gift for John McCain!

August 22, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  22. Dennis in Illinois

You have got to be kidding me....with all that is going on in the world now CNN has to sit in front of our elected officials homes to see if anyone is moving around so they might possibly be a running mate???? So what if Biden is the VP candidate, the election is still over two months away and the race is going to be tight. This will mean nothing in a few days. Americans are so used to reality TV now that they cant live in reality themselves. Go out and do something for your neighbor or a family member. Give back to a country that is still the greatest ever in the history of the world!

August 22, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  23. ALLAH AKBAR>

WE all must vote for B,H.OBAMA becouse ALLAH wants us to do it. ALLAH AKBAR,ALLAH AKBAR,ALLAH AKBAR.

August 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  24. Michael

Hey Art,
    I've meet some Hillary people and they don't need any help from Republicans getting stoked up. I don't know what their raw numbers are, but they are like a bunch of wolverines. The only thing that saved me was I admitted I was voting for McCain. It was like an enemy of my enemy moment.

DNC party should be fun, like a cage match, last man or woman standing.

Obama has a very slim lead in the feel good national vote. McCain has the lead in the one that counts, the electorial vote, 274 to 264. Looks like dejvu all over again.

August 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  25. Leo "Hussien" Smith

If you are voting Old MacDonald then why the hell are so worried about who Obama is picking. I supporet Obama. I can wait. No problem. Its all good.
    Obama '08