August 22nd, 2008

Activity at the Bidens

Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.
Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.

(CNN) - After hours staking out Joe Biden's Delaware home with no sign of the prospective VP candidate, reporters are now witnessing a flurry of activity.

Cars have recently pulled into the driveway - including a police car - and Biden's daughter, son, and wife are now believed to be inside.

Is the Delaware Democrat gathering his family ahead of a big announcement?

Stay tuned!

Catch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/Live

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Jack

If the choice is Biden, it is an outstanding choice ! There is no one better suited to step in and boost Obama's campaign than Joe Biden....................He will really take it to the republicans big time !

August 22, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  2. Lisa

Obama can kiss my vote goodbye if he doesn't pick Hillary Clinton. I will be writing her name on the ballot in November.

August 22, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  3. judy in PA

3am and the next VP is..................................................please Biden

August 22, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  4. An American voter

now it is time to go to bed. i am glad it is Biden. see you all in the morning. this team will be formidable one. Obama will continue his positive , civil message. Biden will chew McCain like a paper shredder.

August 22, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  5. CM

Go ahead and write in Hillary's name and waste your vote. It'll be counted as other and won;t matter anyway. Go ahead and vote McCain, you know you want to anyway. I don't think even HRC on the ticket would have changed your minds.

I'd love to see you 'ballot writers' figure out how to write-in on a voting machine.

No threats for VP from you closet repubs.

August 22, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  6. ADM

OH NO!

I had a lot of money and credibility riding on it being Bayh or Kaine!

They would be much better choices than the prolix and "articulate" Biden!

August 22, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  7. VIRGINIA

I am so excited! I don't think I am going able to sleep tonight. This is going to be the best week ever!!!!!!
    Obama 08/12

August 22, 2008 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  8. Barbara

He can kiss my vote "hello" if Hillary is not chosen!!

August 22, 2008 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  9. tom

wish they would really rock the vote and pick Al Gore, too bad

August 22, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  10. Michael

Evan,

I just spent the last 8 years on the moon and the earth looks just stunning from there. You get this wonderfull clarity. You should try it some time.
    I had to mail my 2004 ballot with my vote for Bush the day after both Bush and Kerry were officially nominated, mail takes a long time from the moon.
    I'm back on Earth now though, now internet connection on the moon.

August 22, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  11. Ken

Biden is the choice as Clinton is out...

end of the suspense

August 22, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  12. TrueIndependent

What's with all these bashers of Senator Obama? You are filled with so much hatred and arrogance, its just amazing. It really is putting me off your party.

August 22, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  13. Ramesh Shrestha

Stop yelping all you jackals!!!
    It is all about Barack Obama and his dreams for America. Go for it whoever he picks as his vice president. He will choose the man.
    Obama 08!!

August 22, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  14. lovable liberal

If Biden is the pick, well, I know people who will be happy, but I don't see it as helping win, and that's the only criterion I have for a VP pick.

August 22, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  15. james

HOW THE HELL IS OBAMA GOING TO REPRESENT "CHANGE" WITH THAT WASHINGTON INSIDER BIDEN ON THE TICKET???.

SAY HELLO TO MCCAIN 'O8 AND HILLARY '12

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  16. Seth Jordan

How about Hillary for Secretary of Health?
    That would give her the opportunity to finally implement the much needed Health care reform that she and Bill always promised, but were never able to deliver on. With Obama in the White Hose and a Democrat Senate and Congress, it could happen now and she could take the credit.
    Would you diehard Hillary supporters really prefer more Republican incompetence and corruption over the next for years, rather than an Obama administraton that included the Clintons?

August 22, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  17. Paul

Two pompous pricks, both full of themselves – great combination.

August 22, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  18. Dena

Haha if it is Biden the Repubs are drooling and doing the happy dance...They have so much to attack Biden on its gonna be a feast...I cant wait till Mccain mops the floor with Nobama! GO MCCAIN

August 22, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  19. arlene, CA

Obama/Biden the winning team.

August 22, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  20. Steve

Biden is one of the few people that would make me strongly consider voting Obama. Joe has a great record of public service and was my choice to be our next president.

August 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  21. Erika, KS

Oh please! Biden is as old as McCain! This is change????
    I don't think so.... politics as usual. You Obamafans just don't get it do you? He's a career politician!!!! Biden AND Obama! How's that 'change' gonna work out for you? It's not. Obama is lame. He's a joke.

August 23, 2008 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  22. Larry in TX

Whatta ya know, Joe?
    Apparently, quite a lot.
    Take care not to show up your running mate
    While coverin' the number two spot.

August 23, 2008 12:03 am at 12:03 am |
  23. Reasonable Observer

A Senator with more negative comments about Obama than McCain = Biden. Not to mention that Biden got " the most important" decision wrong.

Most importantly if this happens – the Democratic ticket looks backwards. The experience needs to be at the top of the ticket.

August 23, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  24. Coach

Uhhh...Lisa. You can't write in a Vice Presidential candidate. They call it a 'ticket' because you have to vote for both or neither.
    I hope you do more homework before you actually vote for who will be my next president.

August 23, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  25. JAC

Does anyone else wish it were Biden/Obama?

August 23, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |