August 22nd, 2008

Activity at the Bidens

Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.
Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.

(CNN) - After hours staking out Joe Biden's Delaware home with no sign of the prospective VP candidate, reporters are now witnessing a flurry of activity.

Cars have recently pulled into the driveway - including a police car - and Biden's daughter, son, and wife are now believed to be inside.

Is the Delaware Democrat gathering his family ahead of a big announcement?

Stay tuned!

Catch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/Live

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Bushwhacked in Eugene, OR

I'M not media or CNN, and I've been watching my email all day, too. I do hope it's Biden - but will be happy to find out whoever it is!

August 22, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  2. Andrew from Alabama

Choosing Biden is handing the White House to John McCain in a gift wrapped box.

Not picking Hillary is political suicide.

August 22, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  3. bibihenna

ITS NOT

ITS DON KING OR FLAVOR FLAV

August 22, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  4. peter

sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  5. Kevin

Finally....

So Obama, who is it?

-_-

August 22, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  6. garcia

I had originally supported Biden for president, but quickly became enamored with Obama. The two together, while not exactly the Obama/Gore ticket I dreamed of, is as good as it gets.

August 22, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  7. Matthew

Or, maybe they're just having dinner?

I don't know. Seems about the time...

August 22, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  8. dennis from chicago

joe biden,,,,,,barrack obama........ the far left liberals.......BALANCED BUDGET.......I THINK NOT.......CHANGE IS WHAT IS LEFT IN YOUR POCKET......after they're through with you........

August 22, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  9. Dan, Santo Domingo

Thanks, CNN, but why in the name of God you have not yet reported how fackcheck.org has debunked(again!) the McCain Camp's smear attack ad on Obama's house and his relationship with Tony Rezko? Seriously, you should be doing a good service to all of us, your readers, if you keep things clean and you go after the truth. You should be more balanced when reporting news.
    [Thanks again, CNN!]

August 22, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  10. Tex Ann

Biden may be a nice guy. He doesn't do diddly squat for me as a VP candidate. I am SO sick of hearing Obama, Obama, Obama.

Call me bitter if you want, but I just can't support this guy no matter who he picks for VP. He's nice looking, seems personable, also seems way too full of himself, and ultimately reminds me of George W. Bush- absolutely NO substance.

Ralph Nader is starting to look better every day- and I never thought I'd ever say that!

August 22, 2008 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  11. Clintonsucks

Thank God its not clinton. She would Vince Foster his butt if he won, so she could get the presidency.

August 22, 2008 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  12. CM

Wait for the text guys.

HRC will be the people's champ but from the Senate. Between Pres. Obama and her they'll start this country back on the right track.

August 22, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  13. Psbro

Anybody excited about this had a chance to vote for Biden when he was running. For a guy running to change Washington he has totally surrounded himself with the very people he came in talking about.
    This guy is the ultimate phony.

August 22, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  14. Chris

Looks like it's Biden. That's awesome!–Biden would be an amazing choice.

August 22, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  15. clement

I like Biden... if he is the one. Let's unit guys. No need for name calling and stupid talk. Eneogh is eneogh!

August 22, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  16. Helen

ONE CAN NEVER TRUST OBAMANIAN WORDS – Let us all Hillary supporters – stand out - out- of Obama's camp. Vote wisely – vote McCain.
    If we cannot trust his words now ... when will we?

August 22, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  17. LJ

I still think Obama should do a 3 am phone call to make his announcement, that would be the icing on the cake!

August 22, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  18. John Smith

"A man who puts away his wife and marries another woman (especially a rich woman) commits adultery! Guess who fits this picture?

How can an American ever, with a bone of christian feel in his or her bone, vote for McCain?

If Bill is unfit to return to the White House, so is McCain!!

God bless us all!!!!!

August 22, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  19. Tupac

Breaking News... This just in McCain, mad about all the media coverage on Obama's VP text message campaign is getting, just announced that to demonstrate McCain's experience they will announce the Republican VP by Morse Code.

August 22, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  20. Scott L

Yes! John McCain guaranteed to win!

Mark my words Democrats, you have made a huuuuuge mistake!

Thank you! NO MORE TAXES!!! yeaaaa!

August 22, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  21. Scott NH

mmmmm, NO! If he picks Biden, Obama is going to lose and he won't be getting my vote. We need someone who can inspire and he is NOT it !

August 22, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  22. Patrick

Okay. Stalkers.

August 22, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  23. pierre

It's gone be Hillary. Not that I like her so much but I think that he has no other choice if he is gone win. Saw her tonight with a new hair cut and a new suit and a new smile. Maybe part of the change.

August 22, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  24. john l

Im a republican and i will be voting for Obama the time. Hes clearly the better candidate.

OBAMA BIDEN 2008

August 22, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  25. J. Kaiser

I am not voting for Obama.. No way.. Clinton was the best choice..

August 22, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |