August 22nd, 2008

Activity at the Bidens

Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.
Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.

(CNN) - After hours staking out Joe Biden's Delaware home with no sign of the prospective VP candidate, reporters are now witnessing a flurry of activity.

Cars have recently pulled into the driveway - including a police car - and Biden's daughter, son, and wife are now believed to be inside.

Is the Delaware Democrat gathering his family ahead of a big announcement?

Stay tuned!

Catch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/Live

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. mark

If its Biden.....Bye Bye Obama! LOL

should have picked clinton to have a chance

August 22, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  2. hall,va

its biden.

August 22, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  3. Lynn

Sorry folks we don't care!!! Obama just won't do!! Democrats had their big chance two years ago!! All they did was give Bush a open Check Book!!! They are the blame for the War!!!! Don't try to send a slug and a Tug like Obama and cry to eveyone his can change!! The only change Obama can do is get out of the Rezko money game!!! Obama should be in jail too!!! Were all voting for McCain !!! Thank-God for McCain!!!

August 22, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  4. Abe

Obama is using Biden as a decoy. Obama/ Hillary 08.

August 22, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  5. maximous

I officially have no respect for this guy. He could have said on Monday, "I know who it is, but I am not going to announce it until Saturday." That way members of the media, now stuck hanging around and waiting, unable to move, could spend these evenings with their families.

But this is not a person who thinks of others. It is quite literally all about him. Wow. Good job, Democrats.

August 22, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  6. Maytree

you did read the story so it can't just be cnn that's interested.

August 22, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  7. snatchdefeatfromthejawsofvictory

Obama is dumber than his politics. He could have won the nomination and most likely the Presidency pretty handily. But, Biden will be the albatross hanging on his neck as he goes down.

The DNC Convention will be the ice-berg to the USS Obama. I guess his Obamaton's will also keep playing while the ship goes down, I can only hope that they know "Same as it ever was".

It's amazing how Democrats always seem to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. How stupid can they be. Biden stupid I guess.

August 22, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  8. Gene

Since the moderators don't take kindly to comparing CNN to the paparazzi I guess I'll just say that their coverage is disappointing.

August 22, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  9. samman

its probably Biden, but you have to feel sorry for those poor reports standing there all day waiting. CNN is really about to have a O over this though, I'm glad it will this weekend while I'm the beach, who cares.

August 22, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  10. Har

Hey RJ, who in the heck actually still uses AOL?!? Does a subscription now come with a year's supply of prune juice?

August 22, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  11. White Elephant

I think he should choose Nader.

August 22, 2008 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  12. Closely Watching

Oh boo hoo hoo you poor disgruntled Clinton supporters are just soooo hurt that your 'Woman' didn't get picked that you are willing to cut off your childish noses in spite of your spiteful faces. Go ahead and vote for McCain or stay home in November...your kind of attitudes will only bring this country down for four more years anyway.

August 22, 2008 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  13. morton

Biden is the worst possible choice. I can already see the numerous articles and pundits discussing his plagerism. Obama cannot win without Clinton. It is that simple. Obama seems to be out of touch. He makes great speeches but has no substance. If McCain gets elected the final coffin will be hammered into this once great country.

August 22, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  14. Ken

Probably more theater just to add to this ridiculous spectacle

August 22, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  15. McCain's Military Records Haven't Been Thoroughly Vetted

RJ: How is the obsession and the stalking of the Biden's house Obama's faulty??? The media is doing the hyping as usual and if you don't like it, turn the tv off!!

August 22, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  16. PJ, New York Independent

This is great news! I'm still hoping it's Biden, as it will seal the deal for McCain.

Obama is dumber than I thought if he picks this guy. Biden was getting what, 3% support during the primaries? Not to mention poll after poll after poll is still showing more than 25% of Clinton supporter's will vote for McCain and another 30% of the Clinton supporter's are still saying they are undecided. Also, conservatives (especially radio) will have a field day with this... I can't wait to see the Democrats cry. Yes, once again the Democratic party shot themselves in the foot again. Hillary was 'the one' but they decided to 'select' the black guy. I guess it's all about political correctness with the liberal left side of the Democratic party and not who can truly lead. When Obama loses in November, I'm sure all the bleeding heart libs will accuse the rest of us as being racist too. I guess the 'racists' could say the same thing about the Obama people being sexist.

Was for Hillary, now for McCain.

August 22, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  17. Joe

Biden, Hillary, Bayh, Tim all are best !!!!!. Go Democrats !!!!

August 22, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  18. Disappointed Democrat

Joe Biden should have been the Democrats' presidential nominee.

He is a stronger candidate than Obama.

America will not elect a black president in my lifetime.

August 22, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  19. Disappointed

I guess I will be voting for somebody OTHER than McCain or Obama.... wonder if I can get my money back from the contributions I made?!?!?!? This is NOT the smartest choice Obama could have made.

August 22, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  20. Kent

It's funny that the people who are complaining about the coverage are STILL PAYING ATTENTION ON FRIDAY NIGHT. If it's so nauseating, then STOP checking the website. You are clearly interested if you read the article about "Activity at the Bidens" Stop kidding yourselves-you love this.

August 22, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  21. banderson

I would like to see a Obama-Clinton ticket but Obama-Biden will do.

August 22, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  22. Craig A Texas Democrat

LOL YOU PEOPLE ARE DUMB OBAMA HASNT SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIS VP PICK THE MEDIA PLAYING WITH YALL HEADS AND YALL SUCKING IT UP.

August 22, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  23. An American

John McCain '08
    Less Jobs. More Wars

August 22, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  24. jaybird

His wife is there!....His Kids are there!.....Maybe it's dinner time?

August 22, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  25. CelebGhost

Why is everyone getting so excited over a bunch of cars and family members meeting in front of Biden's house? Maybe he is just having a nice family dinner with some friendly police officers because he wanted to have a nice friday night. I'm sure Lindsay Lohan has the same situation goin on at her house right now and people are not freaking out about her being nominated as the veep!

August 22, 2008 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |