August 22nd, 2008

Activity at the Bidens

Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.
Watch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/live.

(CNN) - After hours staking out Joe Biden's Delaware home with no sign of the prospective VP candidate, reporters are now witnessing a flurry of activity.

Cars have recently pulled into the driveway - including a police car - and Biden's daughter, son, and wife are now believed to be inside.

Is the Delaware Democrat gathering his family ahead of a big announcement?

Stay tuned!

Catch the VP stakeouts on CNN.com/Live

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Anonymous

NOO!!! Not loud mouth Joe Biden...Im sick of him...I must say that like Nader said I didnt think Obama was this dumb, but I guess I was wrong...Why would you pick someone who isnt even in a pivotal state, and who nobody knows outside of moderate political junkies??? This choice does nothing besides let him say that he has someone that has experience, but he couldve had that with Hillary, along with 18 million voters!!!

I declare Barack Obama the stupidest man alive! You pick JOE BIDEN out of everyone!!!! Thats the best you can do!?!?!?! Geezzz....The end is Near....

PS-OBAMANITES SHOULD RESPECT CLINTON SUPPORTERS BC RIDICULING HER AND US DOESNT WANT TO MAKE US VOTE FOR OBAMA!!! DUH!!!

August 22, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. daniel

If it's Biden, I feel kind of ripped off. They have been reporting him as the front runner for weeks. I was hoping for a surprise since we have been put off waiting for all this time. But again, Obama is politics as usual and not the Change we COULD have believed in. Sad disappointment.

August 22, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  3. Jeb

Nope. It's not going to be Biden.
    It will be Bayh.

August 22, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  4. Olegringo, NM

Biden reminds me of a Stewart Granger, is he English?

August 22, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  5. Ridgeway

This would be perfect. It's Oscar Night for media. Obama makes the crowd giddy with anticipation.
    The nominees are Hillary Clinton for "The Girl In The Blue Dress", Bill Richardson for "The Mouse That Roared", and Joe Biden for "Copy Cat". Hussein, the envelope please. And the winner is Joe Biden playing a has been, plagerist in "Copy Cat".
    And the losers? Anyone who thinks this guy brings anything worthwhile to the table.

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  6. biden fan

yes, yes, yes!!!!! Obama/Biden '08 is the ticket to win it! just announce already before the news orgs figure it out!

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  7. Obama '08

The media owns the blame on this one, y'all. What, now that Michael Phelps has his gold medals, you're desperate for something else to keep the viewing public hooked? Back in the day, this decision was made in smoky back rooms and no one cared. But it's August and things are slow. Give it a rest, newshounds. And, fellow citizens, recognize where the hype is coming from.

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  8. Jim, IN

Biden is just the attack dog that Obama needs. I really hope this pans out, he can really lay into McCain and give the ticket some fire.

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  9. Jason

"McCain for president — a grown-up ready to do a grown-up job!"

You nailed it pal!

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  10. JOEL

BIDEN EH GOOD PICK

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  11. Californian for Obama!

WOW!! Biden and his family are together at, of all places....

THEIR OWN HOME!!!

This isn't news, get real! Obama's VP doesn't matter now that he has started hitting HOME with his attacks against McCain. The right wing is in full defense mode and thats right where we want them.

OBAMA 08!!

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  12. Marie

Obama is so childish.

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  13. Ian

RJ, CA: AOI Straw Poll? Are talking about some website poll? How meaningless. I'm sure McCain will let you borrow his quit room, unless he's already taking a nap.

August 22, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  14. Mr C

Ok, now this is getting on my skin. Obama should at least give us a time frame at least to save CNN from spying on people with their cameras.

August 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  15. mike burnett

Um... David Jack I know plenty of people so excited, including me!!! Sorry you're bitter because your candidate can't win. Get used to it. Obama/Biden 08!!!

August 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  16. Fernando

I thought I came into TMZ.com at first when I saw that. Paparazzi behavior...

I wish Obama would pick someone else, not too crazy about Biden, but I would never vote on Mccain – I couldnt do that to this country.

August 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  17. Jay, MD

To bad he can't get everyone as excited over the serious issues our country is facing rather than this childish vp guessing game.

August 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  18. Ian MacIsaac

Obama/Gore 08!

August 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  19. Hillary 2012

Biden? Bad choice. He should have picked Hillary, not an old white guy.

August 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  20. AS, CA

Any knucklehead who is still using AOL, is probably dumb enough to vote for McCain. 1997 called, and they'd like their ISP back.

August 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  21. Kelley

Hey MSNBC is reporting that it is NOT Bayh or Kaine and that it will be announced tomorrow morning.

August 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  22. Joe Deeter

I'm a big Obama supporter: Veteran's for Obama. But, I think that it is a BIG mistake for Obama not to select Hillary Clinton. Yes, she would be a handful, but a strong leader would be able to harness all of her energy, ambition, experience, and policy wisdom.... I still support Obama, but am not confident he's making the best decision (for the country or the party).

August 22, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  23. Mike

This is completely ridiculous. I can't believe how much press is being given to the buildup to the VP selection. How about just wait until the announcement and report that? Anything less is not news.

August 22, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  24. Mark in Worcester

scared much, RJ?

August 22, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  25. Chuckles

McCain grown up? Old, yes, but he needs to grow up. Those childish ads about Paris and Britney felt good for a white, but they are now going to cost him.

August 22, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |