August 22nd, 2008

CNN: Announcement will come Saturday AM

(CNN) - CNN is told by senior Obama campaign officials the text message announcing the Illinois senator's running mate will be sent Saturday morning.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. nancy

I'll be waiting! Good luck Senator Obama!

August 22, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  2. jane in CA

The media helps us to forget the facts of life America is facing; love it. What time in AM?

August 22, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  3. maryforobama

this is awesome. can't wait to see who it is

August 22, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  4. Kevin

I think I can wait that long...

August 22, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  5. Waiting in ABQ

Hmmmmm what time Saturday AM!

August 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  6. Californian for Obama!

The Media is so gullible!! All day, rather all week, the question has been the same, and the media ate it up HOOK LINE AND SINKER!!

Way to go Obama!! IM SO EXCITED!! Prepare yourselves for a huge political left hook.

OBAMA 08!!

August 22, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  7. Barbara - NC

This is the way of the future.

I love it, and I'm 65.

Obama '08 (and whomever you have picked – know you will give as much thought and careful consideration to ALL your advisors. Thanks Barack !!!!!! )

August 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  8. Ali Khan

This is great! I'm trying to make myself get up at the same time I usually do on the weekdays, so this is a perfect beginning! I'm feeling all sorts excited right now! Only problem is, I've put my bet on Biden, but I was hoping it would be Clinton.

August 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  9. Tex Ann

I've never seen someone work so hard at alienating voters--

August 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  10. Rob n Miami

Hopefully he will be able to make decisions and announcements quicker if he gets in the White House. But don't count on that!

August 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  11. flicktick

Just another trivial thread from CNN to post a photo of Obama so the fools can worship their messiah.

August 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  12. joe

Biden.

August 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  13. jeremy

DDay for Repubicans!!!!!!!!Here comes the train!!!!!!

August 22, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  14. Leah DiMarco, Texas

Saturday morning starts in a couple hours at midnight.

August 22, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  15. Joe

We love you Obama, but this is just too much suspense.

August 22, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  16. PoliticoMike

You gotta love this, folks. And the ones hating on Obama and this text thing, you weren't going to vote for him anyways. So whatever he does or says you'll have a problem with it. Give the man his props. Don't be jealous that McCain didn't think of this.

Hatred is such a horrible illness, get well soon!

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  17. Rosenanna

If they text that it is Clinton I may toss the phone!!
    No abused woman for VP!! Abused mentally by her
    husband's messing around. We do not need that!

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  18. BKoi

Good luck ! Here's hoping this team will usher in a prosperous, peaceful, non-partisan , hopeful new beginning for the great people of the USA !!!!!!

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  19. Carol

Thank God I at least know it'll be tomorrow morning. I was up all last night waiting for that text message.

Oh, and to my hubby who thought it was real funny sending me the fake text, remember you live with me.

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  20. Chris, Las Vegas,NV

I kinda knew he would wait that long. He might though send the text at night which I expect.

August 22, 2008 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  21. Maestroh

Who cares? Nobody is going to vote on the basis of the VP anyway. If they did then there's no way people would have chosen Dan Quayle over Lloyd 'Friend of Jack Kennedy' Bentsen.

Obama is trying to fill in the gaps he lacks – but he will still lack them after his pick. It will be up to McCain to not screw up his pick. With Obama it makes no difference since his choice is probably going to be more qualified to be President than he is.

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  22. cmb

love it.

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  23. Grace

Mr. Obama is showing is propensity for being a control freak by leading everyone around by the nose as we await his announcement. The past few weeks, he has seemed to becoming more arrogant & aloof. When he speaks or 'Preaches", he seems to be doing so to hear himself and bask in his own perceived glory.
    His only hope of getting in the White House is if he chooses Hillary Clinton as his running mate. Anyone else will be a ho hum bore of a choice and seal the nail in his coffin.

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  24. Ll

I'll support Obama whomever he chooses...

A former Republican.

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  25. Terry

I predict Biden will be chosen. There's a good strong ticket right there.

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |