August 22nd, 2008

CNN: Announcement will come Saturday AM

(CNN) - CNN is told by senior Obama campaign officials the text message announcing the Illinois senator's running mate will be sent Saturday morning.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Who Cares?

This build up to the announcement of a VP is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. By the time it is announced nobody will be interested anymore. He's supposed to be running for President of the United States, not the Marketing Director of some corporation. Stupid.

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  2. Gennamir

It's Hillary!

August 22, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  3. John, NC

Will CNN have as big a hissy about McCain's running mate? I will watch to see.

August 22, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  4. name

what a stupid thing to call news. BHO has to send the text before Saturday morning rally to introduce VP.

August 22, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  5. Anonymous

There should be no suspense. It's Joe "Bad Hair Transplant" Biden!

August 22, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  6. knoxrunner

AL GORE is the pick.

August 22, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  7. Dem for McCain

Everyone already knows it is Biden. But there's no one Obama could pick at this point that will let him win.

August 22, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  8. Avi

There should be no suspense. It's going to be Joe "Bad Hair Transplant" Biden.

August 22, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  9. Mickey the Fish

Will his plan for America include iphones that work on 3G? Mine is terrible and I probably won't get his text message.

August 22, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  10. pat

Friday night announcment. Nobama 08. It's obvious VP won't be Clinton. Just the same ol....Obubble, bye bye. McCain 08!!!! Democrat for Change. Go McCain.

August 22, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  11. arlene, CA

Great. I wonder what time, anyway I think it will be Joe Biden. I trust Obama's judgment to pick the right one. Obama/Biden 08-12

August 22, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  12. Marie

The announcement will come, when the announcement comes. CNN you have become a disgrace and a chore to watch. Corporate News Network, out bashing Obama in order to compete with FOXNEWs is simply slimey.

August 22, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  13. Daryl N

It's going to be Caroline Kennedy.

August 22, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  14. quilter

I waited all day. I was told to expect the news on Friday. I consider the VP selection to be the most important choice the nominee makes. They said Friday was the day they would tell us. If they can't deliver on this, why should I care the next day, or any day thereafter? I'm unimpressed with both candidates, and this knocks Obama down a notch for me. Why should I trust anything else he says now?

August 22, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  15. Issues Please.....

We will know after 10am et, 9 am ct and 8 am pt. Please, I hope it's Biden.

August 22, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  16. viola

This whole hoopla is just ridiculous. Hollow showmanship that exemplifies the candidate.

August 22, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  17. Joe

Who cares?
    Both the Democrats and Republicans will drive our economy over the cliff. We're screwed regardless who wins it.

August 22, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  18. TOM

Who cares.

August 22, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  19. jawbonin_com

Yeah! Will it be Al Gore, Joe Biden?

Please Don't let it be a Clinton or Jesse Jackson...

Who could it be- maybe General Honore....Need a straight from the hip shooter...Perhap Colin Powell will jump in and make it interesting....As Dan Rather said in 2000, "I can feel the wax popping out of my ears!"

August 22, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  20. Anonymous

This is not CHANGE, but the same old politics

August 22, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  21. Sarah

I, for one, am watching this process from Canada and very impressed with the discipline and confidentiality of the Obama campaign – no leaks – amazing! I hope the VP is Joe Biden.

August 22, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  22. James Carville

I WANT YOUR VOTERS BUT I DON"T WANT YOUR DEBT

August 22, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  23. liz

Good, maybe CNN can show some actual news and stop the stupid speculation!

While you're at it, take down that crap about him snubbing Hillary. She made it clear she didn't want to be VP, he is honoring HER stated wishes.

August 22, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  24. real american

He picks Mccain since both of them are loosers and hacks.

August 22, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  25. Michael

Ooooohhhhh! The drama! The excitement! This is just retarded. These antics diminish the seriousness of this race. For the first time, I can see the validity of the comparison made between Senator Obama and various vapid celebutantes.

August 22, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |