August 22nd, 2008

CNN: Announcement will come Saturday AM

(CNN) - CNN is told by senior Obama campaign officials the text message announcing the Illinois senator's running mate will be sent Saturday morning.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. A.

I am far too excited.

August 22, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  2. Howie

Why the wait. What the hell is the point of keeping everyone guessing. If he is the next president will he always keep Americans guessing what he is going to do, this is crazy. I can only hope McCain won't act this way.

August 22, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  3. barbara in pa

Hope he chooses someone great, like Joe Biden!!!

August 22, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  4. Donna from Colorado Springs

I know that Obama wants this to be a dramatic moment in his campaign, but we're getting tired of waiting. Announce your pick already!

August 22, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  5. DannyCali

Liar.......Mr. Obama.....you said you ready how come it take too long for announce your VP.......Oh the real thing is you not ready yet huh. Our Democratic will vote for Hillary in Denver.

August 22, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  6. Texas

I trust his judgment on this. Looking forward to it.

August 22, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  7. BLESSING

Mr Obama is the greatest. i will be waiting for the 3am VP text.

OBAMA 08 !!!!!!!!

August 22, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  8. Edfor America

Please talk more about McwarMonger wanting to re-start the draft; he said it, he means it and he will not get my child until the enemy crosses the US border! Stop them Obama!

August 22, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  9. Blake

I can't wait! Anybody who he chooses will be a fine choice and will win come November.

Obama 08!

August 22, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  10. Alexis

I tried to tell my co workers the word would come down tomorrow. I should have bet them a tank of gas. I also should have signed up for the text when I got the email.

August 22, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  11. jjg

No matter what Barack Obama does ittement draws a lot of media attention. I feel so Proud to be an American right now. Not that I ever wasn't it just excitement of it all. This is the first time in my adult life I have ever voted and worked on an actual campaign. This is wonderful
    48 Year old Proud American

August 22, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  12. Efren

I love this.....I have been chipmunking my phone all day waiting for the text message. I just hope it doesn't come through at 3am on the West Coast!

August 22, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  13. dorothy johnson

From Texas we will be anxiously awaiting the good news.

Best wishes and God Bless You and your family

August 22, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  14. BOOTSTOMPER

Let us come together and beat the living daylights out of the GOP. Eight years of misery, america wake up.

August 22, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  15. Dan, Idaho Falls

Write that on papyrus for McCain, OK?

August 22, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  16. Larry@GA

I got the text message from Sen. Obama, and it said that Joe Biden was it pick. I'm not joking. This was a text message sent at 9:45PM. I wonder why CNN is not reporting this news.

August 22, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  17. maximous

Ha ha I love these suckers who signed up for Obama's "give me money" call list (disguised as a VIP vice-prez text message). Everyone in the country will know as soon as the first person gets the text, making the whole point moot.

You gotta give Obama credit for taking slime to a whole new technological level. LOL.

August 22, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  18. Disappointed Democrat

Ho-hum. He claims to have decided on Thursday, promised to announce it on Friday, now says he'll be announcing it on Saturday. Unless it's Hillary it won't do him any good, and besides, the suspense is now anti-climatic.

August 22, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  19. salissou Stratford CT

Obama, good job for keeping the announcement secret until Saturday AM.
    Because, everything that is secret becomes important.

Best of luck

August 22, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  20. charles

Please make it Richardson or Bayh, and not Biden

August 22, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  21. kelly WI

It will be someone with experience who could be anyone since BHO doesn't have any.
    Probably another old white guy with experience so he can show BHO what to do.

August 22, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  22. Josh

hurry up

August 22, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  23. michelle

this is great, i bet you it joe biden. he will suck joe biden on john mcshame who doesn't know how many house he have because he have to many. all the little children that supported hillary your need to suck it up and get over it and vote for a dem that will bring good ideas , so this nation will not go further into recession. all the hilllary supporter grow up and let move on.

August 22, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  24. David in Dallas

Too bad the Bush administration has not been as good at keeping Valerie Plame's identity a secret – oh, that's right, Bozo & Co. were seeking a vendetta because sombody disagreed with them.

Go Obama!

August 22, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  25. jeanette

It's going to be a 3am text!!!

August 22, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |