August 22nd, 2008

CNN: Announcement will come Saturday AM

(CNN) - CNN is told by senior Obama campaign officials the text message announcing the Illinois senator's running mate will be sent Saturday morning.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Leah DiMarco, Texas

One House One Spouse (LOVE IT!)

Obama/Sebelius '08

August 22, 2008 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  2. interesting

This is getting ridiculous. A leader states that he will make the announcement on Saturday. This is crazy and it shows that he is more of a celebrity like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

Total Ditz. Not presidential material at all.

PUMA 2008

August 22, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  3. Venus

It's me!!! I will be his VP!

I have been waiting all day! No call yet!

August 22, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  4. Pam

I feel like I'm back in pre-school, with Obama saying "I know something you don't know". I've lost interest in Obama's games. When I want to see games, I watch the Olympics. Be a grownup and make the announcement already and let the poor journalists get some rest.

August 22, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  5. Monica, Texas

Another excellent masterful move by a well organized campaign...This once again gives foresight how Obama would run the country. Compared to the McCain camp...How many re-orgnizations has he had thus far hmmmmmm ???????? Probably as many houses he has!!!!

August 22, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  6. brett

really wish i would have signed up for that text thing the tension is killin me. hypothetically.

August 22, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  7. Texas

Obama and his supporters...think that they can win the presidency all by themselves. As Hillary supporter...if Obama picks anyone other that Hillary...that will confirm for me that Obama is an idiot.

So, when he picks Biden (or anyone other than Hillary)...my vote will go to McCain. Why? OBAMA LACKS EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  8. James from Akron, OH

There is too much hype behind this announcement for it to be Biden or any of the other quintessential "old white guys." I smell a game-changer tomorrow that will turn the Democratic Convention into a celebration instead of a controversy.

August 22, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  9. Jack

OBAMA/BIDEN..............The best possible team for this race !

August 22, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  10. Barbara

This man is truly amazing. It's going to be his way...not CNN, Fox, etc.

Never seen a presidential race like this, ever!

Obama 08

August 22, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  11. Paul

Too bad that Obama did not have the sound judgment to make clear from the start when this silly text message of his would be going out – instead he opted for sophomoric games which plenty exploited making a laughing stock out of him by sending out false text messages to the press and some of his supporters – Not the style of leadership we need. I have been reading about his soon to be announced VP selection Biden – this guy is going to get torn to pieces over his ever shifting explanations for his vote to authorize the use of force in Iraq – Weakness all around with Obama! I wonder if any of his true supporters are at all irritated that he did not text them as he promised when his decision for a VP was made – this has been such an incredible JOKE!!!

August 22, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  12. Mike D

its 3:00 am, who do you want to be barack's running mate?

August 22, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  13. sp

Obama/Clinton for a short while, then Clinton will take the Presidency!
    My gut feeling.........all that we see isn't all that be.....stay tuned!

August 22, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  14. Texas

Obama will be a puppet...for The Speaker of the House. Obama is not a leader...he is a follower.

Obama...didn't have the testicles to stand up and walk out of the church, for 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMERICA WILL SUFFER IF OBAMA GETS ELECTED. WE WILL GET NUKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  15. Tired

TEXAS TRAIL DOG is the most ignorant person on the blogs. Every blog he/she puts out is filled with ignorance. I guess texas trail dog does not have an intelligent thought in his brain so he/she has no choice to spew ignorance. So SAD.

August 22, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  16. Minnesota against John McWar

"Joel August 22nd, 2008 10:07 pm ET
    Can't wait. However, I'm only 17, but I'm old enough to understand that releasing this through texts is low. It's something that should be done formally. Though I admit that it is a brilliant idea to help lock in the youth vote."

Joel,
    Text message thing not only is appealing to youth vote, it is a different thing (change message) and it generated more media interest but most importantly it gave a huge boost to ever increasing email lsit of Obama campaign.

August 22, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  17. Texas Supporter

By this time tomorrow we will finally know who the next vice president be!!!

August 22, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  18. paul

The only reason to delay this to Saturday morning is because it's not one of the names being thrown around. Big drama for a big surprise. Either its Gore and this has been planned for months or it's come all the way back around to Hillary.

August 22, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  19. Anonymous

I can't understand people that say "this is awesome". This is stupid. No matter who he will pick he will lose. And NO I'm not McCain nor Hillary supporter. This Obama is full of it!!!!

August 22, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  20. wilkes m

i like hillary but think bill would've really been the vp

August 22, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  21. Dee

GOOD....AND I HOPE IT ISN'T HILLARY EITHER! SHE AND HER SUPPORTERS CAN FINALLY GO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHINE AND COMPLAIN. THIS WOMEN HAS A LOT OF BAGGAGE. WHY DO YOU THINK THE REPUBLICAN'S CONSTANTLY PUSH THE HILLARY ISSUE? WHY DO THE REPUBLICAN'S EVEN CARE WHAT IS HAPPENING ON THE DNC'S SIDE OF THE FENCE? THE REPUBLICAN'S ARE ON HANDS AND KNEES PRAYING OBAMA SLIPS UP AND CHOOSES THIS WOMEN. ONCE HE CALLS HER NAME AS THE VP THE QUESTIONS WILL BUMBARD THIS MAN ABOUT HER PAST DEALINGS WITH ALL KINDS OF BAD PEOPLE. THE CLINTONS MADE $109 MILLION DOLLARS IN 5 YEARS. TRUST ME....BILL ISN'T THAT GREAT OF A SPEAKER TO EARN THAT. I WOULD RATHER SEE KATHLEEN SEBILIUS AS VP IF HE IS TO CHOOSE A WOMEN. SHE HAS NO BAGGAGE AND SHE HAS BEEN UNIFIED WITH THE PARTY SINCE THE PRIMARIES STARTED. I'M TIRED OF HILLARY. IF THE REPUBLICAN'S THINK SHE IS SO GOOD...HOW COME McMEMORY-LAPSE HASN'T OFFERED HER THE VP SPOT ON HIS TICKET. THINK OF THE EXTRA ONE MILLION VOTES MCSAME COULD GET. IF HILLARY WOULD HAVE JUST ACCEPTED DEFEAT WHEN IT WAS EVIDENT THEN OBAMA PROBABLY WOULD HAVE PICKED HER AS HIS VP. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THAT. BUT...SHE TRIED TO BE A BIG SHOT AND FLUNT HER 1 MILLION SUPPORTERS AND IT COST HER EVERYTHING. THE DNC COMMITTEE IS EVEN TIRED OF HER. HER SUPPORTERS IN CONGRESS BAILED ON HER. THEY ALL BAILED BECAUSE THEY SAW SHE WAS POSSESSED BY THE CAMERA'S AND THE MEDIA ATTENTION. SADLY SHE HAD TO LEARNED THE HARDWAY. I LIKE BILL CLINTON, EVENTHOUGH HE SAID SOME MEAN THINGS RECENTLY. HE MADE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS COUNTRY AND HE DIDN'T ACT LIKE HILLARY WHEN HE WAS DOWN IN THE POLLS DURING HIS VERY FIRST PRIMARY. EVERYONE WANTS TO ADD WHAT BILL CLINTON DID FOR THE COUNTRY TO HILLARY'S RESUME. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT. AS FOR HER AND McMEMORY-LAPSE HAVING "MORE EXPERIENCE".....THE LAST TIME I CHECKED ALL OF THE PAST PRESIDENT'S I DIDN'T COME ACROSS A JOHN McSHADY OR A HILLARY CLINTON. AND YES...EARLIER IN MY COMMENTS I SAID HILLARY HAD ONLY 1 MILLION SUPPORTERS. IF SHE HAD THE 18 MILLION SUPPORTERS SHE IS CLAIMING THEN THEY WOULD HELP HER GET OUT OF THE DEBT SHE HAS HAD THE PAST FEW MONTHS RATHER THEN BLAMING OBAMA FOR HER PRIMARY ARROGANCE. IF SHE CAN'T HANDLE HER OWN BANK FUNDS, HOW IS SHE SUPPOSE TO HANDLE THIS ECONOMY? I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU...BUT I DON'T THINK HILLARY COULD ANSWER THAT 3AM CALL. SHE WOULD ASK BILL TO GET IT. THIS WOMEN WAS ALRIGHT IN MY EYES UNTIL SHE LOST THOSE 11 PRIMARIES IN A ROW. THEN SHE TOOK THE VERY LOW ROAD AND IT COSTED HER DEARLY. AS FOR McCAIN.....DOESN'T THIS MAN OWN SEVEN HOMES. ALL OF HIS HOMES ARE OVER THE COST OF $1 MILLION? AND HE CALLED OBAMA THE ELITIST.....THAT'S FUNNY!!! OBAMA ONLY HAS ONE. THE COST OF McCAIN'S SHOE'S ALONE WILL GIVE YOU A NOSE BLEED. IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME IF McSAME DOESN'T KNOW HIS OWN NAME NEXT YEAR. HE IS JUST GEORGE BUSH'S LITTLE MINI-ME.

OBAMA IN "O8" (Because I care about my family's well-being. Do you care about yours?)

August 22, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  22. Me

I'm sure it won't be Clinton. And I will say to that that Obama is arrogant and untrustworthy. If he doesn't choose Clinton when half the party wanted her, then I will vote for McCain. Let the Republicans destroy this country and the world. I don't care anymore. My party is just as corrupt.

August 22, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  23. millioner lady

he must be take the house wife billary and than becoming real joke

August 22, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  24. No Bama

He didn't even bother to ask Clinton what she thought!!!!

This Democrat is voting for McCain.........

August 22, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  25. Copperfield

Ana Vamadeva August 22nd, 2008 10:08 pm ET:

Shame on You Senator Obama!

Never considering Hillary for this coveted position shows that you are the candidate that is not in touch with reality.

Ana Vamadeva

Mason,OH

-----------------------------–

Yeah, he's the one out of touch with reality...

August 22, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |