August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. Tim

Right On! Obama is talented enough at distorting the truth without any help from her.

August 23, 2008 02:11 am at 2:11 am |
  2. Laura Hessler

the clinton supporters, and I was one for a short time, shouldn't be waiting for Senator Clinton to tell them to back
    Senator Obama. are they Democrats? then what's the question? i have lost all respect for her and her whining supporters. get real. this is so much more important than clinton. this is about changing the game, get with it people... what are you thinking?

August 23, 2008 02:11 am at 2:11 am |
  3. elaine

Americans! I beg of you to rescue my country. The world needs our leadership. Love America with the same patriotic commitment as Hillary does. She proved to me that she is a stateswoman of undeniably lasting homage by choosing to stand squarely behind the ONLY man we now have to save our nation – Obama. Can you imagine her depth of blessed love for our country!. He won, my choice lost. Follow your leader, PUMAS! She asked us to do that. Do you have ANY sense of our heritage, the men and women who died for your thoughtful votes, the need for all Americans to focus on our COUNTRY first? I beg of you to grow up fast and pledge your commitment to America.

Like Hillary did.

August 23, 2008 02:11 am at 2:11 am |
  4. jojanne

he made a huges mistake why did he picked the guy instead of her omg! dats sad lol hillary is better screw him

August 23, 2008 02:11 am at 2:11 am |
  5. Jack

August 23rd, 2008 12:09 am ET

Cue the whining women….

Wow. Cue the douchebags...

August 23, 2008 02:11 am at 2:11 am |
  6. Nija

All you Clinton supporters please remember one thing, Do not vote for Obama. Many of you reside in Tx and Pen. So it doesn't matter.

August 23, 2008 02:11 am at 2:11 am |
  7. Wendy

I have to vote McCain now since Hillary did not get the spot. He has no shot of winning at this point.

August 23, 2008 02:12 am at 2:12 am |
  8. Linda in Texas

If it is true, I am happy to vote for this team. Joe will balance the ticket very well and shut McCain out.

I still get e-mails from Hillary and can see a better future for her in helping the people from the Senate. She will always be in our hearts for the strides she made for women. She is a hero.

Obama-Biden in '08 will be good for our country. I will continue contributing and work locally to help wherever I can.

August 23, 2008 02:12 am at 2:12 am |
  9. tammy

I am have a right to my vote. I choose to not to vote for Obama. Say what you will about me, I will speak in Nov. Obama supporters can whine when he loses in Nov.

August 23, 2008 02:12 am at 2:12 am |
  10. Edward (from Detroit)

Here we go we're about to head into the 10's on the right track with President Obama and Vice President Biden. I am glad that he didn't pick Hillary Clinton because she was very nasty in the primaries and towards the end when she found out she wasn't going to win her and Bill comes out talking about she'll accept a number 2 spot, so that shows her selfishness.

OBAMA/ BIDEN '08

August 23, 2008 02:12 am at 2:12 am |
  11. Steve/Houston,TX

Congratulations! OBAMA on the way to the White House!!!

Let's turn this country around for the better.

August 23, 2008 02:13 am at 2:13 am |
  12. rose

Amazing, what angst we women hold. If we really wanted change and are "true blue" democrats, then we vote for whomever is the dem' candidate.

August 23, 2008 02:14 am at 2:14 am |
  13. Ed

Hillary has been my #1 choice since day one,
    Barrack #2.
    I was numb when she lost the Primary.
    I am saddened at the news of her not being picked
    as #2, but will back Barrack.
    I AM FIRST AND FOREMOST A DEMOCRAT,
    and JUST LIKE HILLARY, I will do whatever I can to
    to make sure we have a DEMOCRAT in the White House.

GO "O", GO JOE!!!!

August 23, 2008 02:15 am at 2:15 am |
  14. Oh happy day!

So glad it wasn't Clinton. Carrottop would've been more acceptable, or even Richard Simmons. ABC = Anyone But Clinton! To "bright eyes", "ken k", "beth", and "blue", I am doing handstands and backflips counting the number 1000s of Republicans and Independents we will attract for each and every one of you, now that your negative energy and its source are gone.

Never been so happy! Just imagine all the Republican ads featuring Clinton saying nasty things and ending with voice over saying "even his Vice President thinks so" if this hadn't happened.

This day is right up there with the day my kids were born in terms of joy.

August 23, 2008 02:15 am at 2:15 am |
  15. Louise Kindle

Obama/Biden is a good ticket.

But, Obama/Clinton would be a landslide. Picking Clinton would have unified and excited the party. So many of you except Biden who has spent 3 decades in Washington,but,, was against Clinton saying she would'nt represent change. He is the Status Quo??? He said Obama is not experienced enough in the debates??? Yes, Sen. Clinton said things, so did Obama. Sen. Clinton was the best chance for Obama to win. Obama has disrepected Sen. Clinton by not considering her for the VP spot. If she was a male candidate with 18 mill votes, she would have been offered the VP position or atleast interviewed. The DNC would have promoted it. I am a democrat and will vote for Obama in Nov. But, I don't like how Obama continued to string many of Clintons supporters along. He should have made it clear that she was not in the final four earlier to allow it to sink in before the convention. I'm somewhat afraid he has split the party. I am so very disappointed at how the Democratic Party has treated the Clintons over the last year. I support Obama, but, I'm not happy how Sen. Clinton has been treated.
    He has every right to pick Sen. Biden, but, respect to Clinton would have made it easier to take. Hope he won't have to pay for his decision not to seriouly consider her for VP, in Nov.

Fingers Crossed for Obama/Biden

August 23, 2008 02:15 am at 2:15 am |
  16. Jayson

To anyone angry enough to switch from Obama to McCain due to VP choice:
    VP's don't dictate presidential policy. From one voter to another, I would hope you vote in November, and I hope you vote for issues (whatever they may be) which you care about. Would you really be true to yourself/your beliefs if you switched your vote just because Clinton does or does not make it on the ballot as VP? A vote cast in spite is a wasted vote! Vote for the issues you care about, not out of spite.

August 23, 2008 02:16 am at 2:16 am |
  17. chris Eisenhauer

Hilary Clinton will never be president.

If people can get this through their heads we will all be better off. Yes, she ran a great campaign and it was a close race. But she lost and bowed out gracefully. Had she been the nominee, I would have voted for her because I know she would have done good things for the US. But let's not whine and cry because someone didn't get picked, whether its for president or vp or whatever. McCain is not the answer and anyone who votes for him out of spite is irresponsible and childish. This is America's future on the line and we must all remember what this is all about.
    Obama 08!

August 23, 2008 02:16 am at 2:16 am |
  18. Steve

he just lost my vote.

August 23, 2008 02:16 am at 2:16 am |
  19. Mike

That's the final straw, Ive had the McCain bumper sticker for weeks now and haven't had the guts to put it on my car, this did it. You lost a lot of votes today sir.

This must be a part of obama's energy plan. At least they'll save gas by not driving to the polls right? Might save more then air in the tires.

Supporter of the old, PROVEN, democratic party
    Vote for McCain

August 23, 2008 02:17 am at 2:17 am |
  20. Kip

These guys don't even have a good argument. Their only motivation is Hillary didn't get picked. I thought only ADULTS had the right to vote. This argument sure sounds pretty childish to me.

August 23, 2008 02:19 am at 2:19 am |
  21. jesse

o my god just get over it. she ran a nasty campaign and still lose just say what it is u hate to see a black man in the white house. if u vote for mccain just because hrc lost and did not get the vp nod is just dead wrong.

August 23, 2008 02:20 am at 2:20 am |
  22. Carol

It's really annoying all of the non Hillary supporters who seem to think the people who support her are rabid dogs. Yes I wanted Hillary to win the nomination, I felt she was the best candidate. I am willing to throw my support behind Barrack Obama now that he has won the nomination but I don't like to find out that he didn't even consider her as his running mate. He didn't respect the votes of 18,000,000 people, that's not unity. But, like most democrats, I'll bite my lip, stomp and scream and than when push comes to shove I'll vote for Barack anyway. Just doesn't seem like it should leave you with such a bad taste in your mouth.

August 23, 2008 02:20 am at 2:20 am |
  23. Kati

Grow up and take responsibility for your country, PUMA-types. Don't vote selfishly and vindictively. Vote for your interests and those of your fellow Americans. Remember why you liked Hillary and remember that she's endorsed Obama and had almost the exact same stances. I'd be doing the same had it gone the other way. There's too much at stake.

August 23, 2008 02:21 am at 2:21 am |
  24. Nikki

I wanted Hilary to get the Dem nom, the VP would have been nice but its all up to obama & like my mom said america might not be ready for the first black president and 1st women Vice president might be too much too soon. I still want Obama to win because we need a democrat in the white house we need a change, I dont think our ecomny can stand another 4 years with a republican president . I will be voting in nov for B. Obama.

August 23, 2008 02:21 am at 2:21 am |
  25. Bob

As a Canadian who just loves seeing the USA slide into the abyss, with a 3rd world public education system, an obese population without universal health care, a pathetic productivity rate, stagflation, and many other forms of total failure, I hope that all of you HILARY SUPPORTERS vote McCain. You will ensure your status as a nation where 3/4 of the people live as though they were in a developing country and the top 1/100 of the population becomes increasingly rich.

Man, you are somewhat pathetic if you are willing to do that. Barrack could bring your country back on par with the rest of the civilized world (maybe Hilary would as well, but she lost....after a huge lead and all of the advantages in the world....remember....she blew it, just like she blew universal health care). Vote Barrack and come join us in the good life.

August 23, 2008 02:21 am at 2:21 am |