August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. gpmi

Hilary- Billary and their pumas have done this job for her. After all what you have done , and how you behaved – you got what you asked for !!!!!!!!!!!

August 23, 2008 02:29 am at 2:29 am |
  2. Ellen Logue

This may not be the best thing to do. Hillary Clinton should be on the ticket with Barack Obama. How can the Democratic Party be unified with this. I feel that some importatn votes will now be lost. Some people will not vot at all. It will take some real good talking on the part of Obama to explain this. How can he ignore the fact tht Hillary Clinton won by popular vote????? This will be as negative factor for the results in November. Obama may lose because of this. As for the job Biden would do. I have my doubts. Who the hell is he?

August 23, 2008 02:29 am at 2:29 am |
  3. Just Became A Republican For 2008

Obama didn't even have the decency to vet Hillary to make it appear he was at least considering her. Expext to see a lot of ads of Biden saying in 2007 Obama was too inexperienced to be President along with him saying he would never accept being someone's VP. Two flip floppers on the same ticket, at least with McSame I know what I am getting

Hillary in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 23, 2008 02:29 am at 2:29 am |
  4. Richard

If Hillary Clinton is not the vice president then I will never vote for Obama.He thinks he can ignore all the people that voted for Hillary then obviously he is not as smart as some people believe but he is certainly full of himself. I had such high hopes for Clinton/Obama ticket and 16 years of Democratic rule but because of his arrogance this dream is shattered! It will be the first time that my wife and I will not be voting for a democrat. When my party chooses to ignore all of Clinton 's supporters and all of her votes then it is time to find a new party.

August 23, 2008 02:29 am at 2:29 am |
  5. knottwoshabby

It's not about entitlement but listening to the voters, and essentially answering to them. Sen. Clinton has the most delegate and superdelegate votes after Sen. Obama. She should be the VP nominee. Real change for me is having a politician listen and respect the choices of the citizens. Sen. Biden came in fifth in Iowa, not receiving any delegates and dropping out of the race. Why should I be expected to give Sen. Obama my approval in November, if he doesn't appear to be listening to the voters?

August 23, 2008 02:30 am at 2:30 am |
  6. Dina

A sigh of relief......Thank you Obama......that alone – knowing Hillary is no good for America – gets you my vote.

August 23, 2008 02:30 am at 2:30 am |
  7. Mr. Los Angeles

It's really sad to see these posts...We're in August now! Who cares about Hillary; let it go.

She had her chance, and the people have spoken. So, by all means, write her in or vote for McCain. stop talking about it and be about it!

August 23, 2008 02:30 am at 2:30 am |
  8. Caroline Mackay

Poor decision, Obama. I respect Joe Biden, but he's not going to bring more votes to Obama. Biden is "good" to listen to, but what does he bring to the ticket except overseas experience and knoweldge? I'm not disputing that. But he's a loose, wordy cannon in many people's minds. Hillary Clinton was the logical choice and would have ensured Obama's election as President. Again, this shows a lack of judgment on Obama's part.

August 23, 2008 02:31 am at 2:31 am |
  9. Barbara

Obama clearly likes Hillary. He defends her and she attacks him I am tired of the drama. No one can show anything Barack did to mistreat Hillary. I hope women will get on board but if they do not We will win the white house no matter what.

August 23, 2008 02:31 am at 2:31 am |
  10. Allyssa

Longtime democrat – have never voted outside of my party up until now. Please let me know WHY I SHOULD?!?

August 23, 2008 02:32 am at 2:32 am |
  11. ehow

That was a really dumb move by Obama. He just pissed off all of Hillary's voters. No way that I see him winning now. Seriously. Early congrats to McCain.

August 23, 2008 02:32 am at 2:32 am |
  12. TOO BAD, SO SAD , IT SUCKS TO BE YOU

To all the NOBAMABOTS, its not about bowing gracefully, its not about spite, its about reality. A black man and a white woman compete...who is the "chosen" winner....the man. Where is the woman that is supposed to be on "anybody's" short list, where is the trailblazing support NOBAMA "gave" her? Where? Where? It's in the trash can, next to her 18 million voters. You seriously expect us PUMAS who would of voted for him had he chosen her to follow this LOSER? Come on get real, he said she is on "anybody's" short list, evidently, she was not on his.....HIS ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN HIS WORDS, that is why we resist him. I rather have a proven HERO, a proven PATRIOT, a proven STATESMAN for a presiden than a talking, walking , bag full of hot air. Welcome to the White House President McCain!

Obama, join Kerry and Kennedy in the losers cementary.

August 23, 2008 02:32 am at 2:32 am |
  13. weary

That was such a huge mistake!!!! He just threw away the election and the 18 million votes he needed. He's lagging in the polls now, which is mind boggling, considering this should be a slam dunk for the democrats, coming off of the worst 8 years in American recent history!!! Not a very smart political move to say the least, especially when Biden is on record saying that Obama just hasn't got the experience and the oval office is not a place for on the job training. I hope and pray if this country is a true democracy, that the superdelegates and the delegates will vote for her and knock him off the podium. Keep in mind neither of them (Barack or HIllary) had enough votes to reach the magic number without the superdelegates. I truly think and am now convinced that democracy no longer exists in the free world. Elections no longer has to do with the will of the people more so as it has to do with the most powerful entities contriving and manipulating their man into power. Shame on them and God help us all.

August 23, 2008 02:32 am at 2:32 am |
  14. APS in Hawaii

Obama supporters, you just do not get it!!! Obama RAN the dirtiest smear campaign ever, not Hillary. Obama let his surrogates state lies, the race card, gender card, and everything under the sun. Then the news media and Democratic Party Eleitists jumped in and tried to end the race in February. I am a REAL Democrat, I am not a BOT, I am a person and just because I will not vote for Obama does not make me a bad Democrat or person. Obama lost my vote when he turned dirty and this is the change he wants for us? I will vote for McCain as a protest vote and to send a message to the DNC that they cannot trample on people to get their nominee elected. Obama lost the election now and the Democrats have snatched DEFEAT from the jaws of Victory. I cannot believe my party has changed for the worse. It is so sad.

August 23, 2008 02:33 am at 2:33 am |
  15. Lazarus

Hmmm.. hard to call this a mistake by Obama when viewing the situation it just wasn't possible for him to pick her politically. The problem was the DNC and it's refusal to honor the delegations of two very important states. Obama doesn't win the nomination if those votes are counted, and you can't fault him for trying to do what he thinks is best for the country, but this is less to do with Hillary and Obama than with a power struggle within the DNC. Too many people saw their chance to gain power in the Democratic party by attaching themselves to Obama, but Hillary was the smart choice for the ticket and while many people have been won over by Obama's charisma, too many Democrats feel like they were swindled. I stand back in awe.. I think this will be a close race, but I am stunned by the Democratic party's ineptitude over the last decade or so. This election should have been a blow out, not the nail biter it has become.

August 23, 2008 02:33 am at 2:33 am |
  16. Cat

I can't believe I'm reading the message board for Democrats–would Repugs be bitterly snapping at one another about their nominee? Back Obama '08 if you're a "true" Dem.

August 23, 2008 02:33 am at 2:33 am |
  17. Christopher

I like Biden but I think Clinton would have been the smarter choice. I like Obama too but frankly think Hillary was the best overall candidate. Tisk!

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  18. Republican Conservative

I Understand.....

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  19. Peter

I'm a minority. I'm loyal to Clinton. Don't accuse me of being racist even though you don't know me. You are as adamant about your choice as I am. Unless of course you would prefer that I be put in prison like political dissident? Don't tell me who I should support and I have every right to say what I want just like you.

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  20. Hotdog

I'm really thinking there are democratic imposters here.

IF YOU ARE A HILLARY SUPPORTER BUT WILL VOTE FOR MCBUSH......WHAT WAS YOUR REASON FOR SUPPORTING HILLARY?

iS IT BEACASUE SHE'S A WOMAN OR WHITE?

BECAUSE HILLARY AND MCBUSH POLICIES AND VIEWS ARE SO DIFFERENT.

HER POLICIES AND VIEWS ARE MORE CLOSELY RELATED TO OBAMA.

IF YOU DECIDE TO VOTE FOR MCBUSH...........DO THE TRUE DEMOCRATS A FAVOR AND STAY WITH THE REPUBLICANS.

KEEP IN MIND IF OBAMA LOSES BECAUSE OF HILLARY SUPPORTERS AND SHE DECIDES TO RUN IN 2012 THE SHOE WILL BE ON THE OTHER FOOT. WE WILL NOT FORGET.

HILLARY CAN RUN AGAIN IN 2016. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY IF HILLARY REALLY COME OUT BOXING FOR OBAMA AND HE WINS AND SHE DECIDE TO RUN IN 2016.....OBAMA SUPPORTERS WILL BACK HER. IF NOT HILLARY POLITICAL CAREER IS OVER.

AND THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  21. Steve

Don't believe all these posts claiming to be from Hillary supporters that will either not vote or will cross over to McCain.

It's nonsense. Anyone who was seriously committed to HIllary and would either not vote for Obama or stay home is only being petulant...I was mad about Obama's stance on FISA but I got over it, and you should get over Hillary losing the nomination and not being selected as VP....just in case any of these posts are from actual Clinton supporters.

August 23, 2008 02:35 am at 2:35 am |
  22. Dave

Fascinating to hear that Hilary's supporters are willing to vote against their own self interests all in the name of revenging some perceived wrong.

We really are a tribal nation of "my team or no one" followers.

How sad.

August 23, 2008 02:35 am at 2:35 am |
  23. Q

Mike – You sir are a Moron!!! I'm sorry, I've read many of the messages posted tonight and I cannot believe that people would rather fall for the same B.S. we've had to deal with for eight years just because someone they favor didn't win. Hillary had her shot, the American people spoke and Barack won the "right" to choose the VP. She wasn't entitled to the Presidency and she wasn't entitled to the VP slot either. Please grow up. Oh, and one other thing, no one and I mean no one who calls themselves a true Democrat would EVER vote for McCain. It's that simple.

August 23, 2008 02:36 am at 2:36 am |
  24. AR

Whine about Hillary's failure and vote for McCain, this male choice/life ambivalent independent won't care because its not my sex that will lose the right to have an abortion. And I thought women were the smarter sex.

If Obama loses, I'm moving to Australia, y'all turds can swirl deeper down the Conservative Toilet on your own.

August 23, 2008 02:36 am at 2:36 am |
  25. Bravelion

Clinton would have been the first and the best choice to be President of the United States. Even if she had been chosen as VP the winning chances of the DNP would have been greater. We need to see how it goes now that the best choice is not in the race for President. God bless America!!

August 23, 2008 02:37 am at 2:37 am |