August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. C

Now, for the first time in 20 years, I'm actually undecided. For someone who says he's about "change" and actually had a chance to truly make this election about real change by choosing a strong and intelligent woman (one who almost beat him), he chooses to go with the typical choice we all new he would. WOW – change??? Not so sure about that any longer. To not even have her on her short list as a courtesy is a clear demonstration of his continued arrogance and insecurity that a very qualified woman almost won. I hate to say, but he and only he will lose us this election. A very disappointed democrate...

August 23, 2008 02:37 am at 2:37 am |
  2. Rise America Rise

Well, the PUMAs are not much to worry about. They rallied around Hillary and got each of her 18 million supporters to send an average of $0.10 per person to help retire her debt. Wow, what a powerful political force they are, lol.

August 23, 2008 02:38 am at 2:38 am |
  3. james Golembiewski

A third party, write in, whatever it takes, Hillary!

August 23, 2008 02:38 am at 2:38 am |
  4. Corey

I am going to vote McCain this November- I can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth- Obama has lost the election.

August 23, 2008 02:39 am at 2:39 am |
  5. Slork

A vote for McCain is a vote for 4 more years of Bush. America, do the right thing and vote for Barack. You may be bitter that he won over HIllary, but do you seriously want another 4 years of the same lies, fear tactics, and tax cuts for the rich? You Clinton supporters are stupid to vote for McCain because Barack didn't pick her. User your common sense and vote for the interest of America and clearly McSame is not the answer.

August 23, 2008 02:39 am at 2:39 am |
  6. LOL@Politics

"I will be writing her name in!"

OH NOES!!!! You will beat the system at it's own game....How will the USA recover from your master plan to over throw its voting system that barely works anyway! I'm sure the vote counters will gladly toss your ballot in the garbage and you will have wasted all that time trying to prove a point that really makes no difference.

Listen kids...I know that you are upset and honestly i'm a little surprised as well(I don't get upset over matters that I can't control). Instead of voting for someone out of spite or just being completely worthless and writing in a name.....Stay at home!

You seem to need some time to grow up and realize that things don't always go the way you want them to. I am not here to bash anyone for who they felt was the right candidate, but to seriously vote for someone else because you are upset or even the dumb write in thing is really giving a nice slap in the face to the people that fought for you to even have that right to cast a fair and educated vote. I know that people will probably say "well, you have to fight for what you believe in." and I fully agree. However, being dumb while doing so really negates the positive there don't you think? Self Righteousness will get you nowhere!

I seriously don't care who you vote for, but do it for the right reasons and not because your feelings are hurt. This isn't a lottery ticket folks, so please don't treat it like one!

August 23, 2008 02:39 am at 2:39 am |
  7. K of TX

To any of you who would be so shallow as to not support Sen. Obama because he didn't kiss the hand of the Clintons enough, WHATEVER...

Regardless of what happens in November (and Obama WILL win), you've shown yourselves to be the kind of citizens who would rather watch this country sink deeper in debt, grow more out of touch with the True American Dream and plunge into more NEEDLESS WARS JUST TO PROVE YOUR POINT!

But hey, it's a free country right? (For Now...)

Obama/Biden '08-'16

August 23, 2008 02:40 am at 2:40 am |
  8. mexican voter

I wanted obama first and Hilary as his vp but now its him and Biden he will most likely lose the election watch the cnn election poll and youll see obama drop fast and McCain take a good lead.

He wont win now he has to get very lucky if he does

Obama 2008

Clinton 2012

August 23, 2008 02:41 am at 2:41 am |
  9. Jack

Hmmm, seems to me the pro-Hillary anti-any other Democrat lunatic fringe loves Hillary more than they love America. Maybe they should leave?

August 23, 2008 02:41 am at 2:41 am |
  10. Sandy

I can't believe he drew this our so long to end up with Biden....I think it makes it even worse for us Hillary supporters....I didn't expect him to pick her...but as time went on and this was being hyped so much...I thought this has to be big....and I started to get my hopes up it could be Hillary...not to mention I think she is the best choice and can really do him some good in every state!! So when it ended up being Biden I was and am really bummed... and although I would never vote for McCain....I really don't want to vote for Obama...I already feel let down by him....

August 23, 2008 02:42 am at 2:42 am |
  11. heavens

there is a God somewhere :) what a relief-–phew!

August 23, 2008 02:43 am at 2:43 am |
  12. Jan

Huge mistake not picking Hillary. Dems will now lose the election and we will get a right heavy Supreme court. Obama just lost the election. How arrogant can one be? He was barely ahead in the latest polls. Now he will be behind. Good thing everyone found out about his poor decision making before he ruined the country even more than good old George Bush.

August 23, 2008 02:43 am at 2:43 am |
  13. canada

as much as i love clinton and think she would have been the better choice for "PRESIDENT", i really hope that the US supporters of clinton still vote for Obama. have any of you in america paid attention to our Prime Minister here. hes a nut and McCain and him are so alike its sickening. we need to get Harper out and you need to keep McCain OUT...vote for your Dems. Hillary we be posted to a much better and rewarding seat than the VP. She's better off and we know that she will get a seat somewhere important. I have to believe that Obama knows she is more worthwhile in another position than that of VP. I have faith in Obama with world politics. Give him a chance to prove himself at least. DO NOT vote for mccain, that would be insane

August 23, 2008 02:43 am at 2:43 am |
  14. Michiko Hammett

Very disappointed.

August 23, 2008 02:43 am at 2:43 am |
  15. Steve

Dear Karen and angry Hillary supporters:

I please explain your thought process to me. As a hint, I'm a guy who worked for the ERA in my youth, and was an early Hillary supporter before I switched to Barack. Hillary said over and over again, it’s not about me, it’s about the issues. But if what you say is true, and that you would rather see another 3 trillion wasted, thousands more young men die in a needless war, the nation and planet put at risk because of peak oil and global warming, and the constitution treated like toilet paper, rather than vote for that “inadequate black man”, then it really wasn't about the issues, but just about getting a woman in the Whitehouse. Because otherwise, how you could believe so strongly in what she said during the campaign, but now ignore her now when she’s an Obama supporter. I just don't understand. And just so you know, I sent Hillary’s campaign $100 after she conceded to help pay off her debt even though I couldn't really afford it, because, for me, it really was about the issues and party unity.

August 23, 2008 02:43 am at 2:43 am |
  16. shannonL

He didn't even vet her...never asked for her opinion. How disrespectful could he possibly be?

The dems have been very disrespectful to Clinton. I never thought I would see them treat a woman so poorly.

August 23, 2008 02:43 am at 2:43 am |
  17. johnnyboy51

Don't count Hillary out just yet. She speaks then Bill Speaks. She still has the majority of Democrats like me who would not vote for that anti-American lying Obama under any circumstances. We have not forgotten how Hillary was screwed by the leaders of the Democratic party over Michigan and Florida. Let's pray for a Clinton take over at convention! Obama would be a disaster for America. The only way you could make the ticket worse would be to put Joe Biden on it which appears to be just what O. Hussein Barack Jr. did.

August 23, 2008 02:44 am at 2:44 am |
  18. Grow up People!!!

John McSame McCain is just going to finish up what the Bush administration started. You people are acting like emotional foolish children. American kids are dying and being shredded over in Iraq and John McBush wants to keep them over there for 100 years, he said it himself. Obama-Biden is the way for true Democrats to vote. Look, a lot of you people here writing messages are suffering financially or is next in line to lose your job! One thing for certain Hillary Clinton is going to be all right she's rich and will only get richer the rest of her life. What about you? Therefore, please rise above your emotion into your right thinking. Democrats we can't let McBush get into the office. Our country can't take another four years of this Madness, and it is our duty as citizens to rescue our beautiful country for she has been good to us! Vote Obama-Biden 08!! It's our duty!!!

August 23, 2008 02:44 am at 2:44 am |
  19. Ed

Look, if Hilary was the right candiate, she would have won.

She isn't the best candidate and she didn't win.

Get over yourselves.

Just remember that if Hilary's supporters vote McCain into power in 2008, you will get the govt that you deserve....it will not be forgotten in 2012.

August 23, 2008 02:44 am at 2:44 am |
  20. Jake

Any of you who vote for McCain out of spite, anger, or otherwise frustration that Hillary didn't win the nomination/wasn't selected as Obama's running mates are complete and utter idiots. Not only are you not real democrats, but you have no care for the near future of this country, our soldiers in Iraq, or how we are viewed internationally. Don't bash Bush and then be idiotic and vote for McSame. This is sheer stupidity – the last thing this country needs right now is people who are sore losers.

August 23, 2008 02:45 am at 2:45 am |
  21. jimmie brenner

Many of the above comments reflect the non-commital support of the Democratic party which the supporters of HRC declared during the primaries. Deciding not to vote or to vote Republican is truly pathetic. Look at your decision and I hope you understand that you've cut off your nose to spite your face. Did BO make the right choice with his pick for VP???????????? Only time will tell. Would he have made the wrong choice if he had picked HRC? No doubt about it, the answer is emphatically YES. It would have been "her way or the highway." Vote! Vote! Vote! Hillery, you are many things.........a role model you are not.. Jimmie

August 23, 2008 02:45 am at 2:45 am |
  22. RF

hahaha. hillary just got owned.

August 23, 2008 02:45 am at 2:45 am |
  23. JAZ

Obambi ripped Hillary to shreds for her vote to "Authorize Force in Iraq". He ridiculed her claim that she "trusted" Pres. Bush. He claimed that her decision disqualified her from being President. Yet now he picks the second biggest proponent of the Iraq War.

Can anyone say what Obambi stands for other that than his great big ego?

August 23, 2008 02:45 am at 2:45 am |
  24. noella

The lack of respect the Obama supporters have for the Clintons is disgusting. Our country had great prosperity and achievements during Bill Clintons term. I'll be voting for HIllary as a write-in this November. I won't be supporting a Democratic party that has become so contemptuous and ignorant.

August 23, 2008 02:45 am at 2:45 am |
  25. shannonL

Wow, once again...Obama supporters show up in full force to insult Clinton and her supporters. You people are really stupid.

August 23, 2008 02:47 am at 2:47 am |