August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. NewAgeRepub

Woo hoo! I'm a republican woman and I was very nervous that Obama was going to pick Hillary – and it would have been OVER for my party. Now, I know we can win. Thank you for picking a guy who voted for the iraq war. Thank you for picking a guy. Thank you for picking a for sure liberal! thank you thank you thank you. The republican reign will never end!

August 23, 2008 03:01 am at 3:01 am |
  2. ML

Thank Goodness. My vote now goes to Barack Obama. I will never vote
    for HillBill for anything.

August 23, 2008 03:02 am at 3:02 am |
  3. Shawn

I don't quite understand why people won't vote because HRC wasn't picked as the VP? With all respect I don't get it.

1) Some HRC supporters said that because she wasn't at the top of the ticket they won't vote?

2) Some HRC said because she wasn't the VP, they won't vote because she was disrespected?

3) Should Richardson, Edwards, Dodd, etc. supporters not vote because their canidate wasn't chosen? So HRC is considered disrespect and the other who ran on the Democratic ticket weren't?

August 23, 2008 03:04 am at 3:04 am |
  4. Megan

Obama has the right to pick his running mate, but he would have had a lot more of my respect if he considered clinton. I will still vote for Obama because our country can't deal with Mccain for the next four years. Too bad I won't be able to cast my vote with the zeal I would have liked to. How did we end up in this situation? The race is too close, and it shoud have been a no brainer....

August 23, 2008 03:05 am at 3:05 am |
  5. J.L.

It's funny how Hillary supporters would rather want another Republican regime in place for the next 4 years rather than voting for the ideals that Hillary Clinton stood for. Funny... if it weren't so sad...

I'm sure it's just a small vocal minority of Hillary supporters that's making all the hoopla... but sad nonetheless...

And not to point something obvious out, but you realize John McCain isn't the youngest guy and if age catches up with him while he's in the White House, hope that he doesn't pander to the right-wing conservative nutjobs with his VP pick... else you may end up ruing the day that Obama didn't win in 2008. (Lets see how many Supreme Court Justices the next president gets to choose...)

August 23, 2008 03:05 am at 3:05 am |
  6. lou

I understand Hillary's supporters are disappointed. But is this how you show respect for all she has worked for, by trying to make sure someone who goes against everything she stands for is elected? You understand the impact of a McCain presidency? You understand he wants Roe overturned and considers his SCOTUS ideals to be Scalia and his pupet Thomas? You understand he wants to allow corporations to run rough-shod over all the less-than-wealthy? You understand McCain wants to allow the likes of Exxon-Mobile to reap obscene profits while Americans continue to lose their jobs and homes? That he sees no problem with those who are responsible for the mortgage crisis getting huge bonuses while many Americans have to choose between heat and food for their families? Please, don't play silly, petty revenge politics with the lives of Americans hanging in the balance. For many it WILL mean life and death. Do you want to be responsible for more of Americas youth sent to Iraq and then Iran to die for his machismo fix? That is what you are insuring with this sort of rhetoric. This is way too serious for grudges, this is where we have to act like responsible adults.
    Wake up! Hillary would have been great but to campaign against Obama Biden is just dumb.

August 23, 2008 03:06 am at 3:06 am |
  7. Shawn

Some say that Obama and his wife have been disrespectful to HRC and they are upset by that??? Has HRC and Bill Clinton been the most respectful to the Obama's??? Now come on PUMA or whatever please look at it from another perspective then your own and be honest.

August 23, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  8. Female

He just secured my vote.....

August 23, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  9. vince

Are you kidding me? You would rather have another four years of McBush and the corporate cronies than vote for B.O. It is a shame that you are so single minded that you would rather vote against your interests than vote for Obama. His and Hillary's Policies are so close that is why the primaries were so close. The shame of it is that I would have voted for Clinton if Obama had lost, because anything is better than what we have. It is a sad day when you will sell your grandchildren down the river because of sour grapes. I hope you take a look at the supreme court, social programs, health care, social security, and the constitution, just to name a few subjects that may come up in the next administration.

August 23, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  10. proud at some that posted

my post is to those that are scorning the "bitter" ones that have posted.

i support you. i do NOT understand the logic behind supporting mccain when the person supported hillary to begin with. anyone that switches to such severe political spectrums like that, is a pure MORON.

keep educating the idiots that if they switch sides so extremely like that, then they really have no intelligence at all.

August 23, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  11. Grow Up People

The fact that some of you are now going to vote McCain, just shows you are too childish, self centered and immature to vote at all. Don't you even care where McCain stands in opposition to the Dems as it relates to health care, the war, foreign policy, immigration, the budget, national security, education??? If you people cared anything about the issues, you'd know McCain is bad for the country and has quite different views from Obama or Hillary. But because you are like childish 3 year olds you will vote him anyway. If you do that and McCain wins – I hope you and your kids are the first to go to the front lines in the middle east, you and your loved ones suffer because the economy, you can't afford gas and you lose your jobs over seas – it is what you want to vote for. Grow up.

August 23, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  12. JC

That's it. He lost my vote.

August 23, 2008 03:08 am at 3:08 am |
  13. lou

August 23, 2008 03:08 am at 3:08 am |
  14. McCain=Bush & the return of the draft

Hillary talked a lot about health care for all Americans, I think it would be a good idea to put her in charge of health care for all. Kind of like a "Health Care Czar"

August 23, 2008 03:09 am at 3:09 am |
  15. A Tarheel for Obama

PUMAS, if you're bent on voting for McSane, think of the possibilty of seeing your children go off to war in the near future ! McSane thinks the draft should be reinstated.

August 23, 2008 03:10 am at 3:10 am |
  16. rexx

It did not matter who Obama picked McCain is going to win this thing. Obama went from flavor of the month to a guy who has no experience frankly doing anything in politics.One thing about Biden is he has a temper that is even worse then McCain's temper. Should be fun when we see the VP debate and Biden loses his cool lol

August 23, 2008 03:11 am at 3:11 am |
  17. Hopelessly Changing

Don't discount the PUMAs, they may be growing after tonight. AND they're VOTERS regardless of how crazy you thing they are. A leader should speak for all and not disregard those who aren't inspired by him/her. Any yes, Hillary spoke about governing from the MIDDLE. Which has made Obama a hypocrite these days. Boo on him. It would be better if you attempted to convince us to join the the Oprah/Obama camp (Ew) rather than insult us. it's now imperative!!

August 23, 2008 03:12 am at 3:12 am |
  18. You all need to get over yourselves

If all you idiots talking about Obama losing your votes should all shut your trap cuz non of you are planning to vote for him before all you people think about is first woman president and Obama is black instead of focus on policy i change my mind on issues thats what a good thinker does for those of you that did not go to school or need to go back. You all need to be ashamed of yourselves opening your big mouth saying he lost cause of you idiots last time i checked America has a population of over 300million you idiots don't count so go get a nap or a bottle like babies do and stop whining.

August 23, 2008 03:12 am at 3:12 am |
  19. Aga

that's just so sad

August 23, 2008 03:14 am at 3:14 am |
  20. sullivan

You make your family vote whatever you want them to?

August 23, 2008 03:14 am at 3:14 am |
  21. Jim

As a conservative, this is both music to my ear and a disaster.

Music, because it really is a slap at the Hillary folks. All of whom should be rightly upset that their candidate wasn't even vetted. It shows Obama's arrogance, even to his own party-mates. He simply doesn't care what anyone thinks. It's his way or the highway. I am truly sorry that this opportunity to have a viable female candidate was missed so this empty suit can talk down to people and their God and guns.

But thinking of my country, I regret this decision. If Obama is elected, the last person on Earth I want to be the guy in his ear is Biden. I'd rather Obama throw darts at a dartboard than take any Biden advice when it comes to foriegn affairs.

This is a bad decision by Obama all around.

One only hopes it's a decision that will help stop him from making more costly ones in the future.

August 23, 2008 03:14 am at 3:14 am |
  22. Bush is not a bad guy

OH YEAH.......and it is very possible, that since Hilary is now out of the picture, Republicans like myself who don't really care for McCain, will lean more toward Obama in November. Even though I may not agree with Joe on all issues I do admire how Biden has nothing to hide and speaks his mind. It is refreshing to hear exactly how a politician feels and not how he thinks he should act to win votes.

August 23, 2008 03:15 am at 3:15 am |
  23. AJ

Well I'll also vote McCain....theres a possibility that if McCain gets in and messes up, then we will be done with Republicans for a while.....I already know Obama will mess it up for democrats, so i'd rather have 4 more years of a republican president than 4 years of a failing democrat and then a lifetime of republicans to follow. We all know if Obama ruins the country any further, it will make it impossible for another democrat to ever win another election.

August 23, 2008 03:16 am at 3:16 am |
  24. Sarah, Northern Colorado

Wow, so many whiners! "I didn't get what I want so I'm going to vote against all I've ever believed in, WHAAAAAAA!"

Hillary supporters, we can get that you're disappointed that she didn't get the nomination or the VP nod. However, it is what it is, and threats don't work. You want to make her happy? Go donate a few bucks to her campaign. She quite obviously needs it.

August 23, 2008 03:16 am at 3:16 am |
  25. Shaking My Head at Hilary's Sore Supporters

Do you people relize that if you do not vote for Obama/Biden in the election and if for some reason he does lose and Hilary runs in '12 that she will not win because Obama/Biden supporters will remember and not vote for her? Something to think about but I doubt that it will get though your thick heads.

August 23, 2008 03:16 am at 3:16 am |