August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. Becky

If Barack is afraid of a strong woman how can he hope to rule the free world? Al Gore was afraid of what he considered the "Clinton Baggage" and he failed in his bid for the presidency, even though he was the best choice. I fear that Barack has also lost his chance. As a democrat, I will probably vote for him, but as a woman, I will certainly not campaign for him............I'll leave that up to Joe Biden supporters.

August 23, 2008 03:16 am at 3:16 am |
  2. Anonymous

Obamma Just threw the election away. Good going!!!

August 23, 2008 03:18 am at 3:18 am |
  3. BlueDog Dem

I have been active and voting since 1976. Obama is the first candidate I have supported in the primaries that actually won the Democratic Party nomination for president...

That means I have held my nose in the general election and voted for Carter (80) Mondale (84) Dukakis (88) Clinton (92)..A;though I was a Bill convert by '96....too bad he has put himself and his wife above the country in the past 18 months...Gore (2000) and Kerry (2004)...

My Point is PUMAS...you are not the only Democrats in history that have ever been disappointed..but we've stuck together as a party...it is your turn to do the right thing and support the party's nominee...or else get the hell out of the way...

August 23, 2008 03:19 am at 3:19 am |
  4. Just think about it!!

If it were Hillary only, just pure Hillary, she would have been the (almost ) perfect VP (she has no diplomacy/defense experience either.)

But, if you were Obama. how dumb would you be to select a two-headed VP from pure OLD School politics...deliberately choose to be out-numbered in the White House?

Bill has been perfectly clear that he's willing to abandon the party 'cuz he didn't get his way. Grow up! Not vote? Vote for McCain?
    What good does that do Hillary? Or you?
    SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT! Cutting off your nose to spite America for not giving you the brand-name gift.
    McCain can't possibly do a second term anyway. If Obama messes up so badly, you'll have it together to elect Hillary then. Four years...is that sooo looong?

August 23, 2008 03:20 am at 3:20 am |
  5. Johnson

I'm glad the fair-weathered hillary/democrat supports are finally leaving. we are tired of all this moaning and complaining. if you can't unite behind a person who has about 95% of the same view as the person you support then you can go vote for someone who will lead us down the wrong path and make things even worse for America. When we go into Iran and reinstate the draft remember the moment that you voted for John McCain.

August 23, 2008 03:21 am at 3:21 am |
  6. You really love her?

PUMAS, show your loyalty to Hillary by paying her debt off.

August 23, 2008 03:22 am at 3:22 am |
  7. QG

EVERYONE LISTEN…. All of the comments about Dems jumping ship and voting for McCain are B.S. These are republicans posing as democrats trying to confuse us and desperate since the story about McCain making up ground seems to not be accurate. DONT FALL FOR THIS TRICK!

August 23, 2008 03:23 am at 3:23 am |
  8. Marie

Becky apparently you are too old to worry about maintaining your right to choose to reproduce or don't have any women that you care about or have to worry about it either... by the way, did you notice that Hillary only made it as far as she did by being hitched onto her husband? How strong of a woman is that? How about if she had set an example for her daughter and made it on her own after he totally humilated them both?

August 23, 2008 03:23 am at 3:23 am |
  9. Chris

Hillary supporters: Please don't do anything foolish and vote for McCain! Senator Clinton can do much more in a Cabinet position than she could have as a vice-president. Her health-care plan is a very important issue, and you know she will be at the center of things. Please please PLEASE look past the names on the ticket and think about the big picture. Don't give this country four more years of hard times by voting for McCain!

August 23, 2008 03:24 am at 3:24 am |
  10. Thia

Isnt it amazing how many folks claim to be democrats yet jump ship so easily. I wonder how many of these posts are actually the same people just trying to stir up trouble.

I support Obama.. and support Hillary .. I support Obama as our president elect and I support Hillary in a much more substantial role in our goverment. I think she wold be perfect in charge of heath care. And i believe she wold rather have that position then VP anyday.... Hillary isnt one to play 2nd fiddle.

August 23, 2008 03:24 am at 3:24 am |
  11. Kathy

Well, There goes my vote, my husbands vote, my 2 kids vote my mom
    & dads vote and I could go on & on. He just cost us the election.
    None of us will be voting for Obama. You should of chose Hillary,,,

August 23, 2008 03:24 am at 3:24 am |
  12. 30311

BOO-HOO!

All you of Hillary supporters who are anti-Obama weren't really true Democrats to begin with. It's over! GET OVER IT! HILLARY LOST!

I can't believe that many of you would allow a personal vendetta against Obama to allow you to either not vote, or vote for McBush.

You either get on board with the Democratic Party and it's nominee or continue pouting over the fact that it wasn't "in the cards" for Hillary to be in this position now.

YES WE CAN!

Obama/Biden 2008!

August 23, 2008 03:24 am at 3:24 am |
  13. Dale

August 23, 2008 03:26 am at 3:26 am |
  14. Yvonne

How Obama can ignore the fact that 18 million people were behind Hillary and that he only NARROWLY won the Democratic nomination and he doesn't choose her as his running mate for VP makes me wonder if the Republicans can do any worse....

August 23, 2008 03:26 am at 3:26 am |
  15. Javier

It is a charactheristuc of a great person to decide for his bets choise even when it is not the most popular one.´

I respect Senator Obama more than I respected him before he choose a VP mate. I think he is the rigth kind of decision maker in the rigth place to have us thinking there is hope in this world.

August 23, 2008 03:27 am at 3:27 am |
  16. PUMA PRIDE!!!!!!!!!

Not voting for him now!!!!!!!

MCCAIN 2008!!!!!

August 23, 2008 03:27 am at 3:27 am |
  17. Marie

Any woman who votes for MCcAIN in retaliation for Hilary's'loss is apparently too old to worry about the loss of our right to choose to reproduce. This fossil could care less about you or your daughters, and Hillary is even worse with her alllegence to Bill Clinton who has zero respect for women..

August 23, 2008 03:28 am at 3:28 am |
  18. il maestro

Man, MCCain looks SO OLD.

August 23, 2008 03:28 am at 3:28 am |
  19. javone77

I teach elementary school and this is the kind of behaviour I expect from people under the age of 10! but from grown people who should KNOW better?!?!? Come on! I am not a HRC fan but if she were the nominee then I would vote for her because a democrat holds my concerns as important. Do what's best for your kids and your country and stop being mad because the person you liked didn't win. Emotional voting is just crazy. Remember the Bible said pride cometh before the fall. Voting based on your pride will cause you nothing but heartache.

August 23, 2008 03:28 am at 3:28 am |
  20. Shawn

Relative to Carol comment:

So are HRC supporters the only ones that deserve respect? So if a person vote for Richardson, Edwards or Dodd and they weren't picked as VP – all there supporters should now go to McCain now right?

I know that she got almost 18,000,000 votes, yet BO shouldn't had been blackmailed into picking her. If he picked her , some folks would had say that he was "weak" and picked her because he had to. Since he didn't pick her, folks say that HRC supporters have been disrespected???

MY GOODNESS HALF OF THE CONVENTION IS ALL ABOUT THE CLINTONS.

August 23, 2008 03:29 am at 3:29 am |
  21. Oneof18Million

They said Hillary wasnt even seriously considered for the VP SLOT. Well MR. OBAMA, how about im not considering you to be my PRESIDENT. You lost my vote! MCCAIN 2008, CLINTON 2012!!!

oneof18million.blogspot.com

August 23, 2008 03:29 am at 3:29 am |
  22. Peter (CA)

Ed-if only everyone was as wise as you.

Go to the Fox News sites and cry in your beers, fake Hillary supporters.
    Go get excited about McCain/Romney–two multimillionaire elitists who have no clue what the average American goes through. This election is a complete no brainer-unless you're a multimillionaire elitist who can't remember how many houses he owns or one whose kids are too good to fight for a war he wholeheartedly endorses.

August 23, 2008 03:29 am at 3:29 am |
  23. Claude

The goal is to return the democratic party to the White House! Will you really cut your nose off to spite your face for 4 more years of Bush?

This sounds like something right out of high school.

Since your girl friend was not chosen Homecoming Queen you're not going to the home coming dance by voting for McCain?
    How petty...

August 23, 2008 03:31 am at 3:31 am |
  24. Chuck Smith

I will not vote this fall. I'm very disappointed with Obama because He doesn't understand how strong the world will be for African-America and Women for President and Vice President. I have always hope for both. I can see the vision in both of them. I chose Hillary at first because I knew if Obama loses, She would take him as VP. I knew Hillary would do that. She could look like a tough person but in other side she does have the heart. O well, I wish the election the luck. Won't be voting.

Cheers