August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. don macdonald - Victoria, B.C.

I was listening to Obama speak earlier today and everything he said he wanted in a running mate seems to describe Hillary. If he was truly working for the success of his party and not himself I think he would have made a different choice. I guess it shows he really is an experienced politician. I feel for you Hillary supporters and good luck.

August 23, 2008 03:31 am at 3:31 am |
  2. DFoster Georgia

Someone had the nerve to ask why? Are you kidding? Did you live in a cave when she and Bill were throwing him under the bus? I can't blame him for not choosing her.

August 23, 2008 03:31 am at 3:31 am |
  3. democrats = losers

All you Democrats are so stupid. You're inability to decide who you want is why you can't get your candidate elected and the reason you are all politically impotent! Democrats are so pathetic – you disgust me.

August 23, 2008 03:31 am at 3:31 am |
  4. kim

so NOW none of you HRC supporters will vote for Obama – like "not supporting Obama anymore" - were you really going to vote for him anyway? you and those like you have been saying PUMA and NOBAMA for two months or more . . . you can only not vote for him once, maroons. enjoy mccain!

August 23, 2008 03:31 am at 3:31 am |
  5. obama/biden

Politics aside, thank God for Larry King – he's hit my boy Obama and has hit my boy McCain...FAIRLY. A true jounalist. Ready at his desk, knowing that he can spew sewage, but doesn't.

August 23, 2008 03:32 am at 3:32 am |
  6. Javier

Give Obama an oppportunity to show how good to the US and the rest of the world could be his mandate. I think He can be the first of many humanitarian US presidents to lead the rest of the countries to a unified front

August 23, 2008 03:35 am at 3:35 am |
  7. Dave

Well that does it. I'm voting McCain. Obama's immaturity continues to show through with how he treated Clinton. And then he picks another arrogant senator (like himself). Here's one Clinton donor going from undecided to McCain.

August 23, 2008 03:35 am at 3:35 am |
  8. Justin Smith

Johnson nailed it:

"if you can't unite behind a person who has about 95% of the same view as the person you support"

Hillary supporters that are refusing to vote for Obama should be ashamed of themselves. They are highly similar democratic candidates.

August 23, 2008 03:35 am at 3:35 am |
  9. Becklan

For all of the comments from people saying "that's it, i'm not voting in this election, or I will vote for mcsame," because HRC has not been chosen as VP, all I want to say to you is, H i l l a r y LOST the DEM nomination all on her own accord. ENOUGH whining, tell Hillary the game is over and she can't control the complainers any longer. Oh and "NO" the wisest DEM nominee doesn't have to pick the one that lost, and lost BADLY I might add. Grow up and get over it, Hillary screwed herself and ultimately misjudged, misspoke and mismanaged her chance, her entire campaign. So if you choose to keep complaining about why she isn't on the DEM ticket, complain to HILLARY, now that is putting the energy in the right area.

I send you all LOVE and gratitude for being human beings on this planet.

August 23, 2008 03:36 am at 3:36 am |
  10. Hillary Forever

I hate the democratic party because they didn't make Hillary their candidate. I love Hillary so much that now I want to see the democrats suffer. I hope John McCain becomes president and destroys life as the democrats know it. That'll show you democrat dummies what a mistake you made.

August 23, 2008 03:39 am at 3:39 am |
  11. ryan

I was on the fence – if he would have picked Hillary I would have probably voted Obama. But now, that door is definitely closed. I mean, I have no respect for Obama as a candidate, but with Hillary, I would have probably supported the ticket. But between Obama and McCain, McCain is the better President.

Democrats – always ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

August 23, 2008 03:42 am at 3:42 am |
  12. jim

listen to these hillary supporters....well listen up hillary people if you guys lose this election for obama all 18 million of us obama supporters will not vote for her in the future....and how immature of you guys...you didn't get your way so your going to vote against all your beliefs to bring another republican in? how logical is that?

August 23, 2008 03:42 am at 3:42 am |
  13. Oklahoma BadBoy

Clinton supporters are so faithful, they are blinded by the bigger picture. You are viewing this like it's your favorite pick on a sports team or captain of the ship. Barak has the U.S. plans in line and ready to roll out, so we say he is weak in foreign policies, why got grab a V.P. that directly deals with that? Let Biden handle foreign, Obama handle the U.S. I agree, with H. Clinton at the Supreme Court position, she really can act as her own and make things happen.....Why would Obama pick H. Clinton, the race between the two became personal and degrading, now they should put on a "fake smile" so you will be happy? You acting like her, sore-losers. A true to the heart Democrat will acknowledge the winner and get on board for the big fight against republicans. Oh, or you'd rather vote McCain and allow him to win just to inflict consequences of personal sorrow, yes send the U.S. back to another republican while we ALL suffer, yea that will teach us!?!?

August 23, 2008 03:43 am at 3:43 am |
  14. Ross

If Hill's supporters are really that stupid and boycott, then I'll NEVER support a Clinton EVER!

August 23, 2008 03:43 am at 3:43 am |
  15. carrie hussein obama

only an uneeducated and foolish person would write in a candidate's name,when he/she isnt even on the ticket.
    if u "PUMA" folks,had any sense,you would either vote maccain or mybe go to work and earn ur minimum wage rather than waste your time.
    and since there are 18M puma's,please each of u should donate a dollar to hilary.that would give her 18M to pay off her debt!
    silly puma's
    OBAMA/BIDEN

August 23, 2008 03:43 am at 3:43 am |
  16. jimmy spencer

I have been republican most of my life, and am a Evangelical Christian. I have grown more and more frustrated by the lack of concern for poverty and social justice issues with Republicans.

If Hillary was on the ticket, I dont think I could have voted for Obama. Clinton has always been , and always will be selfish, and unconcerned with anyone except her and Bill's fortune and legacy... makes my skin crawl.

I will now vote for Obama. He wlll win more of the middle Christian vote than people expect. Especially since he doesnt have "old politcs" hanging like an albatross around his neck

Obama for President... smart move!

August 23, 2008 03:44 am at 3:44 am |
  17. Matthew

Only good think from this is that Obama has given us Hillary and Evan Byah 2012 after he loses.

August 23, 2008 03:45 am at 3:45 am |
  18. Edwin

Hillary supporters are being childish.It was Obamas prerogative and he chose wisely.Do you think the vindictive Hillary would even have campained for Obama??
    Why arent you talking about how Bill has never endorsed Obama?
    He never promised her anything....Go Biden! Obama ow has the white house.

August 23, 2008 03:45 am at 3:45 am |
  19. Robert Brashear

Barack has ignored the Popular Democratic Vote! Proves to me that he is out of touch with his own Party! What a fool! The Primaries were not a Poll........... Hillary got more votes than this Nim-Rod and he slapped the majority of Democratic voters in the face! Change..... you got it Obama`........ a "change" in my vote!

August 23, 2008 03:45 am at 3:45 am |
  20. anonymous

Obama could not pick HRC as VP because she represents "old school", and Biden does not. Does Obama think 18 mil people are all idiots? He lost my vote.

August 23, 2008 03:45 am at 3:45 am |
  21. Becklan

CNN you are catering to the Clintons by not uploading my earlier comment, don't think we haven't noticed. I am disappointed in your internet organization. The media favoritism is old and staugy.

Clinton lost this race on her own, period. (The GOP was holding their breath thinking maybe, just maybe he'll go with the former first lady, no such luck.)

August 23, 2008 03:46 am at 3:46 am |
  22. Anonymous

What a insult! 18 million votes did not matter, Obama lost my respect my vote!!

August 23, 2008 03:46 am at 3:46 am |
  23. Howsyourtext

Obamalites, remember when he wanted you to sign up for exclusive news on his VP pick? He got your email addy and still could not keep this simple promise. Has your pager gone off yet? Remember, a write in vote for Hillary is a vote for Omama. McCain 08 instead of Shuck & Jive 08.

August 23, 2008 03:46 am at 3:46 am |
  24. Hong

I was a supporter of Hillary. She lost and I am willing to support Obama 100%. Why? I can't stand McCain's ideas of going to war whenever someone looks at us differently. In McCain's world, it is simply trying to look tough. America, we need to look at the issues that Hillary and Obama agrees on. Then you'll see that they share the same issues: Healthcare, stop the war in Iraq, energy independence, and growing our economy, etc. I would hate to see 4 more years of Bush policy. So please all, Hillary supporters. Dig deep and do the right thing for your country.

August 23, 2008 03:47 am at 3:47 am |
  25. DrMan

If Robert Rood wants to talk about McCain's comb-over, maybe I should talk about Biden's pathetically fake looking plugs. The top of his head reminds me of a doll's head.

August 23, 2008 03:47 am at 3:47 am |