August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. Marie

oneof18millionblogspot.com...people like you are scary!!!! Do you even think about what you're spewing forth???

August 23, 2008 03:47 am at 3:47 am |
  2. Luis

If Obama had picked Hillary then there is no way I wouldn't allow myself not to vote for him since he at least tried. But now I can be sure I won't.

Hillary 2012

August 23, 2008 03:47 am at 3:47 am |
  3. Anonymous

What an insult to 18 million voters of Hillary – go figure – how you gonna win with out her? You won't get my vote!

August 23, 2008 03:49 am at 3:49 am |
  4. jimmy spencer

the selfish and self centered attitude of those who are throwing temper tantrums about Hillary Clinton demonstrate the calibur of people she attracts. The selfish apples dont fall far the selfish tree...

PUMA reaction tells me all I need to know about the quality of Hillary Clinton's character.

August 23, 2008 03:49 am at 3:49 am |
  5. Laird in Austin, TX

It truly saddens me that so many Hillary supporters are harboring such animosity toward Obama. Early in the primaries, I was tossed up between Obama and Clinton (after my candidate Bill Richardson left the race) because they were so similar on the issues. Honestly, their differences on the issues were very subtle.

As the primaries unfolded, it started to become clear to me that the difference between them was character and integrity.

The Clintons were very hateful and divisive, and what bothered me most was the way Hillary padded her resume and diminished Obama's. Hillary does have slightly more experience than Obama, but truly saying that everything she has done in the 35 years since she left college has prepared her for the presidency is such a stretch. Obama may have been in the senate for only a short time, but the type of work he has done since he left college seems to be right on track with what the country needs right now. And then the sniper fire lie just made me think "wow, lying comes so naturally to her that she even embellishes something like this which doesn't even matter. How can I trust her to tell the truth about important issues?'

Listen, I enjoyed the Bill Clinton years, and I thought he was a good president. But Hillary is not bill, and the times are changing. Obama is what we need right now. And again, it is his integrity and character which impresses me above all else.

If you got all of your information from Hillary and that is the basis for what you believe about Obama, then it is seriously time for a fact check Why don't you look into him yourself?

I'll leave you with this thought: Mark Twain once said "Anger is an acid which does more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured". This country is at a critical juncture. Please put aside your hurt feelings and think this through. What would Hillary do? Oh, that's right, she's voting for Obama.

August 23, 2008 03:49 am at 3:49 am |
  6. one less

Obama could not pick HRC as VP because she represents "old school", and Biden does not. Does Obama think 18 mil people are all idiots? He lost my vote.

August 23, 2008 03:50 am at 3:50 am |
  7. Thomas Kelley

Awesome. Now I 'll have no qualms not voting democrat this time.

August 23, 2008 03:50 am at 3:50 am |
  8. tennisfan

Well it is clear that America is not ready to be lead by a woman, and I think that Obama moved very far from his charming image of a political newcomer by not acknowledging Clinton, at the very least. The silly "she rocks" comment right after she terminated her campaign has been a reflection of what the Obama campaign has been so far – just words. It is too bad that politics is a popularity contest above all. I do not find Hilary as appealing as some leaders, but I TRUST her power, will, and dedication to a cause. Obama is still too spineless and too commercial for me. He is getting ahead of himself and this hinders him. Even if he wins the election, I do not believe that he will abide by any of his promises and I think that he will not be able to withstand the callous international political world. Just like any politician who has been elevated by behind-the-scenes force rather than climb the mountain on his own, Obama is not ready to lead the country. Americans should have given Hilary a better chance and should have put more faith in her ability than in Obama's charm. In this sense, they are not ready to be led by a woman of Hilary's magnitude and character, either. So they will get what they deserve, but America will keep sliding economically, politically, and culturally, until a true and radical change of mindset occurs, and is manifested in a change of the political structure atop. Sorry for the pessimism, but all the intellectuals backing Obama are simply giving into trends and commercialism, and a need to prove to themselves they are forward thinkers by pushing for a representative of a different race. This does not count, sweeties: rather than dealing with your own complexes, you should have seen beyond your own taste and scruples and made a choice for America.

August 23, 2008 03:51 am at 3:51 am |
  9. Lucas, Nashville TN

Excellent.

I have liked Biden for a long time. The Hillary whining has, of course, commenced, because you just never can do enough to please them. But this has pleased me, and countless others.

August 23, 2008 03:51 am at 3:51 am |
  10. Emilio

I can now resume my contributions stream to the Obama campaign knowing that that right-wing slattern will not be on the ticket. After her wrecking-ball performances in the primaries, I can state for myself that its Anyone But Hillary!

August 23, 2008 03:51 am at 3:51 am |
  11. Marie

Why is drivel like discussions of combovers and plugs posted but remarks posted regarding women's rights to choose "await moderation" is this is forum for middle school students?

August 23, 2008 03:53 am at 3:53 am |
  12. Jordan

Any Hillary fan that isn't going to vote for Obama is an absolute fool. You are greedy, selfish, and Hillary would be ashamed of you. I supported Hillary in the primaries, but I know that Obama is millions of times better than McSame will ever be. Somebody needs to knock some sense into fools who are bitter enough to ruin this election.

August 23, 2008 03:55 am at 3:55 am |
  13. spruzzi

I cannot express in words my disappointment. I feel pretty convinced that the Democrats have lost the election come November. Good work, guys.

August 23, 2008 03:56 am at 3:56 am |
  14. samson

Obviously Clinton overplayed her hand, overestimated her importance to Obama and still even more thought she could bully and arm twist Obama into forcibly naming her to the ticket.

Could Obama have used her in a ticket.? Sure, but it would have been in very different circumstances. One where she showed restraint. One where she championed any democrat in favor of McCain. This she often failed to do. She ought to go the Liebermann way.

Obama will do fine. And all you petty, Clintonian sore losers, go vote for McCain. You think 2012 will be the year!. Payback is a ..!!

August 23, 2008 03:57 am at 3:57 am |
  15. What country do you want to live in for the next four years?

Hillary people..... don't let your anger clout your judgement.

What's at stake:
    1. Supreme Court
    2. The two Wars
    3. The economy
    4. Energy policie
    5. Health Care
    6. Social Security
    7. Justice department that doesn't break the law.

Hillary and Obama weren't that far apart on the issues. There contest was more about personality. I'm sorry you still need more time to take in her loss but the election is 74 days away. If you Hillary supporters burn the bridge for Obama this time, you also burn it for Hillary in 2012. I just don't see how you expect people in 2012 to turn around and help you when you're acting like this. Let's pick a good future for the country folks.

August 23, 2008 03:59 am at 3:59 am |
  16. Nia Hussein - Phoenix, AZ

So What!! Two fingers to the sky Hill-Billy!! And the real story should be on Joe and Barack

August 23, 2008 04:00 am at 4:00 am |
  17. JohnC

When Bill Clinton refused full disclosure – who had contributed to his
    library and which businesses he'd become involved with since leaving office – he killed Senator Clinton's chances of gaining a spot on the ticket.

Hillary had to know that a presidential candidate could not accept a running mate whose spouse couldn't be forthcoming.

If she'd really wanted the VP spot she would have forced Bill to volunteer the info.

So, draw the conclusion. Hillary never wanted the VP spot. It's that simple.

August 23, 2008 04:00 am at 4:00 am |
  18. Micheal

Thanks God that this guy didn't pick Hillary. Now I am feeling so good to vote for Mccain in November without any thought about Hillary. Thanks obama!

August 23, 2008 04:00 am at 4:00 am |
  19. I.B.B.

She was the reason I was going to vote Obama 08. But now it is McCain 08'.

August 23, 2008 04:01 am at 4:01 am |
  20. ML - California

Clinton is better off not being affiliated with Obama. He has been rude and disrespectful to her. Whether she could run the White House or not is not the issue. The issue is she has been treated WRONG! Lots of luck Obama – you should have been nice to her!

August 23, 2008 04:02 am at 4:02 am |
  21. liz

Obama really doesn't have my support now. Didn't like him in the begining and now that it looks like he chose someone that is old politics I won't vote for him. Hillary is who i'm writing in.

August 23, 2008 04:03 am at 4:03 am |
  22. job

i did not vote the primary but now i will register to vote for obama,with all my friends.Surely nobody need clintons supporters vote,we obama supporters are enough to vote him to be the next prsesident of united states.remember very well clinton lost and we won without her suppoters and we will win without them.
    OBAMA 08.

August 23, 2008 04:03 am at 4:03 am |
  23. libconservative

Hey Clinton supporters come on over.
    We need your vote.
    Clinton's policies were not going to work anyway and neither will Obama's. This was all a show by the democratic party to get attention on Clinton and Obama. Well it didn't work.
    After the show we are down to real issues and McCain's vision and plan is what this country needs. Both Hillary and Barack's plans were the same which means they were both crappy plans to start with.

Vote McCain!!

August 23, 2008 04:07 am at 4:07 am |
  24. Mark M

I encourage everyone to write Hillary in. That's much better than not voting.

One way Obama could've softened the blow to us Clinton supporters was to pick her as V.P. and double his strength, She's earned it and is the most qualified.

He shouldn't be favoring just his supporters now anyway. Looks like
    the Dem's are going for the threepeat in losing the White House !!!

August 23, 2008 04:13 am at 4:13 am |
  25. Carl

Can you imagine trying to work with Clinton? She is pushy, bullish, and only human when polls tell her she should be more human. "I found my voice"- tear...

August 23, 2008 04:14 am at 4:14 am |