August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. Javy

There goes my vote for McCain for sure...and so is my democratic family

August 22, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  2. Concerned parent in Atlanta

i'm glad i'll never vote for a clinton again, based upon the way she and bill are acting or not acting in support of barack. if he loses fine, but the clintons are off the list for good. haven't even seen them till this week since she conceded. Hillary hoo? signed former supporter till now

August 22, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  3. S. Boatman

Clinton Has Known She Did Not Get Picked Ever Since Obama Gave Her That 3 Am Phone Call To Let Her Know!

August 22, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  4. E

I'm not buying it.

August 22, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  5. Wisest one of All

PUMAs unite!! Anybody but Nobama!

August 22, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  6. nelda

I'm sadden by the news that Hillary will not be the VP choice for Obama. Obama needs her 18 million voters.

Hopefully, he'll change his mind before it becomes official tomorrow morning!

August 22, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  7. Renting a movie that night.

Unbelievable. Ignore half the party.

How's that for change.

August 22, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  8. Paul Itic

That's because she is still in the running

August 22, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  9. Susan

So?

August 22, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  10. Matt

good!

August 22, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  11. Steven,VA

If this is true then we'll have to move on with this decision and present a strong front against the republicans who will try to seize this as an advantage. It is very clear that McCain world view is not going to improve my family's ability to live the American dream. Democrats, Unite, unite, unite! please put your personal opinions aside it about us and not about me!

August 22, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  12. Alex

In other news, 50% of her supporters don't vote for obama. Obama loses to McCain.

August 22, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  13. GR MI

We can finally move on as a party. It is one's invidividual's right to vote for whom they want , but democrats theatening to vote for McCain are not doing anyone but themselves a disservice.

Obama...The change we need today...

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  14. Juan Rivera

I guess at some point I had gotten comfortable with deciding for Obama after Hillary had suspended her campaign, but after this decision I'm just heated again, I'm really tired of how Obama plays politics and I'm gona play my politics by going for republicans again!

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  15. Phil P

Ut oh....here come the rabid Hillary supporters who will now venttheir frustration with PUMA and say they're voting for McCain etc etc etc....
    *sigh*
    if You are a REAL hillary supporter send her $1, 18million people (as adverised) sending $1 will retire her debt. Do something useful.

Obama and Clinton would NOT have worked out....in anyone's imagination.

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  16. greg

no hillary no Obama

just put my mccain bumber sticker right above my clinton one

nobama 08

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  17. Mistress

Whew! Now I might vote.

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  18. Debbie

Bah Humbug!

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  19. jimmy

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY COMMENTS ON THIS PAGE? WHY DOES CNN NOT POST MY COMMENTS HERE.

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  20. joshua

obama go back to hell where you came from, MCAIN WILL SEND YOU THERE AND WE WILL HELP HIM YOUR A PHONY PIECE OF YOU KNOW WHAT. YOUR GOING TO LOSE THIS ELECTION ME AND ALL THE REAL HILLARY SUPPORTERS WILL GO MCAIN JUST TO SCREW YOU!!!

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  21. Democrat for McCain

Bye Bye Barack.

Hello McCain/Clinton '08

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  22. Chris, Las Vegas,NV

Well there goes the election for Obama...

August 22, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  23. Denver for Obamamania

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! Let her pay off her own debt and wonder why she isn't VP after her pathetic campaign tried to tear down Obama to the point that McCain uses HER WORDS in his commercials against Obama.

Really.... after the way she and her campaign TRASHED Obama during the primary, did they really think they had a chance in HELL?????

OBAMA 08!!!!! Hillary NEVER

August 22, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  24. Former democrat

Hello President McCain !!! Obaba is arrogant and deserves to lose. Too bad for Democrats because Hillary could have won.

August 22, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  25. Richard

As a long-time Obama supporter I wanted to express my appreciation to Mrs. Clinton. We have had our differences but we are all democrats who recognize the extraordinary changes that this country needs. I look forward to Mrs. Clinton leading the charge on universal healthcare in the Obama/Biden administration. Salute....

August 22, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |