August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. Democrats No Matter What!!

ABC is reporting that Biden is being picked up now by the SS.

Keep up CNN! You let that sorry bunch of losers at ABC beat you guys to the story? LOL!

August 22, 2008 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  2. Sgt. Mike

Oh, how I love watching the Dems kick each others butts. This going to be the most entertaining election ever! Thanks Donkies!!

August 22, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  3. Michael

Looks like the DNC convention will give Obama his first war as a Commander in Chief. He's going to get bloodied. It will be a chance to build his credentials on how he handles a crisis though.

War monger McCain will be green with envy. The Republican convention is going to just be a happy place. Well unless he names a pro-choice VP. Maybe he will just so he can do battle.

August 22, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  4. ber6964

fu

August 22, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  5. CJ

You PUMA types are disgusting. Why is it more important to back a particular candidate instead of a general ideology?

You're selfish, childish, and stupid for threatening to support McCain or abstain in this election because your candidate wasn't even strong enough to beat a newbie.

By not supporting Obama, you tacitly endorse continuing this country on its slide toward despotism and the aristocracy of wealth.

PUMAs disgust me. Get over yourselves and grow the hell up.

August 22, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  6. Douglas

That is very good news...he is a man of integrity. The Clinton dynasty is over for now anyways. Please wake up people, she offers nothing but hollow votes. He offers a true direction for the country. Lets all be smart and vote Obama. America must break away from the institutionalized Washington politics...... Go Obama Go.

August 22, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  7. Mark from Naperville

Seems like some/most of these PUMAs were just voting for Hillary because they want to see a woman in the White House, rather than actually believing in her policies. If they believed in her policies they would vote for Obama in a heartbeat since his are nearly identical to hers. Are they so easily switching to McCain's vastly different policies out of spite, or racism?

August 22, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  8. Patrick, MA

This is complete bull. What a dumb thing to do.

August 22, 2008 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  9. Shree Shrestha

I am definitely voting for McCain.

August 22, 2008 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  10. Debra in Florida

Well, it's his election to lose......

Writing in Hillary Nov 5th !

August 22, 2008 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  11. Andrew

McCain wins by default.

Hillary supports feel cheated, and rightfully so to be honest. It looks like it is going to be a Obama-Biden ticket, which is simply delicious to a conservitive like me.

I could stomach Hillary, but not Mr. Obama.

This could effect the house and senate too where democrats who would have voted Hillary simply will not show up.

Respectfully,
    Andrew – Kabul Afghanistan

August 22, 2008 11:47 pm at 11:47 pm |
  12. Anonymous

I am very disappointed and disgusted. She would have been the smartest choice.

August 22, 2008 11:47 pm at 11:47 pm |
  13. Sal

You petulant, childish people who are willing to sit out this election (or vote for McCain) because Clinton didn't win the nomination really don't get it, do you?

It's all about the Supreme Court, idiots! Do you really want another 4 years of Republican BS?

August 22, 2008 11:47 pm at 11:47 pm |
  14. francis

Obama will win without Clinton for sure. He will win by over 700,000 votes against McCain but will eventually lose in the electoral college. He will need Hillary to be President.

August 22, 2008 11:47 pm at 11:47 pm |
  15. PUMA Hillary supporter

Thank god.. Hillary is better than obama, .. she doesnt need to be on that sinking obama ship!!!!!! Now the PUMA movement will move forward and strong, we refuse to vote for a flip flopper like obama!!!!!!!! Yes we can, nothing Obama and his supporters can do now.. without us clinton obama will loose big time and i love it..hehehe.. goooo puma..haha

August 22, 2008 11:48 pm at 11:48 pm |
  16. Hector Ortiz

Obama Just Lost The Election
    Hillary 2012!!!!

August 22, 2008 11:49 pm at 11:49 pm |
  17. dusteallen

Wow. Seriously, Hillary supporters just make her look like a horrible person. Did you even think that VP is a very lame position? Unless something happens to the President, they really don't do much. Wouldn't you rather Clinton be in a position where she can actually make a difference? Geesh. We teach our kids to support all the winners, but the way you people talk, you'd rather sell your kids future just because (s)he lost the game.

August 22, 2008 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm |
  18. theresa mckay

Read about Obama's background sometime in his own book. I don't think you'll be impressed. What he shows by not picking Hillary as his running mate shows he is not mature enough to be president. I will not vote for him without Hillary on the ticket. I do not care if he picks another woman, No Hillary, No Obama.

TMc in Washington State

August 22, 2008 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm |
  19. David Lee

"I either won't vote or will write her in."
    How capricious. How self-absorbed. How utterly foolish.
    I'll bet when you didn't get picked to play, you took the ball and went home.
    Get over it, support the nominee, and win the election.
    If every group whose candidate didn't win and then didn't get the VP vote acted like this, nobody would win.

August 22, 2008 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  20. blue

Obama just lost my vote. The more I learn about him, the less I like him. This is a slap in the face to 18 million people.

I'm voting for John McCain. Although I don't agree with him on some things, at least I know where he stands on the issues. Who knows what Obama stands for these days, because he's flipped on every issue since he clinched the nomination.

August 22, 2008 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  21. Go HIllary

obama can kiss the election GOODBYE if he doesn't put Hillary on the ticket. I'm sure McCain is happy..... I think I'll sit this election out. Maybe losing to McCain will wipe that smug smile off his face. Vote for Hillary!!

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  22. Erika, KS

LOL!
    Of course not! Obama is an inexperienced junior Senator!!!!
    He cannot stand anyone else getting the spotlight!
    Hello John McCain! Goodbye Obama!

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  23. Anonymous

i hate you Obama

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  24. OBSERVERING

K N E W -–I T--T H I S--I S -–T H E --S A M E---W I M P--

W H E N-–A S K E D--W H E N-–H U M A N--R I G H T S---

B E G I N

I T ' S---A B O V E -– M Y---P A Y---G R A D E

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  25. Trey

Lets just hope that some miracle happens and she rallys enough support at the convention to be nominated. Otherwise, MCCAIN 08!!!!!

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |