August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. ricardo williams

This has become a Reality Show. It has been the most interesting thing this weekend. I like that innovation and creativity that Obama brings to politics. I believe in his ability. Obama is going to bring America back. He will restore the America brand to its rightful place. Number One.

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  2. Sharon

Only chance Obama had.

The Democratic Party is not more.

The new Democratic Socialist Party is upon you.

We knew this 2 weeks ago, when all Hillary voters, supporters and delegates were purged from the DNC Website over the past 2 weeks.

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  3. Anonymous

Us Clinton supporters have every reason to be pissed now. This is a real slap in the face. Someone just emailed and said that she was NEVER even considered for the position. IT is now MCCain or I just sit at home.. Obama has sealed his loss.

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  4. Obama Fan

That's absolutely fantastic!!!!!

Now Obama can go ahead and win this thing come November!!! I'm so excited!!!

HRC peeps should get in line, if you don't, then you'll have yourself to blame once McSame makes us stay in Iraq for the next 100 years and revises Roe vs Wade!

August 22, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  5. Speider

Thanks for wanting to hand the election to four more years of republican rule because you didn't get your way, Clinton supporters. I doubt it will happen but I'm curious; if McCain is elected, will you proudly tout that you had a hand in it because you didn't get your way? It's doubtful you will garner any more admiration than you now deserve.

What spoiled brats! I am truly disheartened that Americans would so proudly boast of deliberately trying to sabotage what's best for this nation out of petty and self-centered behavior. Shame on you all!

August 22, 2008 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  6. paul

i guess mccain just got my vote. Obama should have picked Hillary.

August 22, 2008 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  7. Bill Charlotte, NC

Good news! She lost... he picks.... it is that simple.

August 22, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  8. ricardo williams

I would have like to see Hilary on the ticket. But let's face it. She has a bad attitude and bad attitude does not make good leadership. Right move Obama. I respect the man. Good judgment.

August 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  9. Bill

No Hillary = No win.
    He can't win without her, its just that simple! We had our chance to take the office and now it will be lost.

August 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  10. LISA M

I THINK HE IS FOOLISH TO NOT , BRING HER ON BOARD. BUT AS A TRUE DEMOCRAT. I WILL VOTE OBAMA / I DON'T THINK I CAN TAKE ANOTHER FOUR YEARS GOP CHATTER, THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

August 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  11. Karen

Sal,

It's my vote.

You do whatever you want with yours and I'll do whatever I want with mine.

And enough with the name calling. That's not exactly helping your guy win us all over. Maybe you're the idiot.

August 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  12. Marc

Obama's next priority is to get himself elected. McCain is not an easy opponent and no one else brings as much to the table as Hillary does. He ought to pick her.

Obama's got a nice sense of drama. I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary is up his sleeve....

August 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  13. Barbara - NC

18 million NOT for Clinton say NO 2012

August 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  14. Grace - Las Vegas

Good luck winning without Hillary in November, Obama. But that's ok , this way, it will be easier for her to win in 2012. After Obama falls flat on his face. We love you Hillary.

August 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  15. Robert Rood

To "Beth" and "Karen": Go ahead and vote McCain if that soothes your souls but I'll tell you this: You don't realize how silly you sound voting for the polar opposite of Hillary (i.e., voting for McCain) merely to sabotage Obama. I can't say I'm all that gung-ho over Obama either but after eight years of the most moronic and reckless president in U.S. history, voting McCain is unthinkable; he's little more than Cheney with a lousy comb-over. Truth is, Hillary and her big-money campaign staffers blew it and one would think you would have come to terms with that by now. Instead, you're displaying little more than crybaby temper tantrums as if they will do you an ounce of good. If you "help" putting McCain into power, you'll have four years of buyer's remorse.

August 22, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  16. stephen orona

b i d e n ! b i d e n ! ......clinton is old school

August 22, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  17. Jason

The way she has behaved, her attitude, she believes she's entitled to the Presidency. If I were Obama and do get elected as President, I'd make sure she doesn't get into the cabinet.

Hillary is a spoiled, overbearing, war monger just like McCain.. She voted for the war.

All you PUMAS who vote for McCain should just stay on the dark side and never return.

McCain = World War 3.. Hillary = Same!!

August 23, 2008 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  18. Edgar, Florida

Florida will vote for Mccain, thanks to Obama he ruined our chances for the Democrats to take control of the white house.

Obama has desrespected Hillary and her supporters. We will vote Mccain for President for 2008

Thanks to Obama our party is divided for not electing Hillary as VP. Obama better start praying at the Wright church because if he losses in Novermber the american people will know he is not ready to lead the country because he chose not elect a wonderful leader with experince and who we elected.

Obama and Michelle has not shown no respect for Hillary, how can he lead this country, if he can't even help his brother whose living in poverty for $1 a day. What a desgrace Obama and Michelle. I had to turn the television off when I heard the news.

Obama You can't even unite your own family and help your brother how can you lead a nation.

August 23, 2008 12:03 am at 12:03 am |
  19. JoJo

Hello!!! Write-in votes! I won't be giving up my vote. I'm be exercising my right to choose when I write in my vote for Hillary. If she's not Obama's VP choice then she is my Presidential choice. He will only get my vote if she's on the ticket with him.

August 23, 2008 12:03 am at 12:03 am |
  20. Joseph Adewole

No right thinking politician would have thought of that...only 'mouth and kitchen' American politicians would think of such; not real politicians worldwide.............Lets all get together behind Barack and reach our goal and people should stop putting fuel on burning 'coal'....Long live The Dems.

August 23, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  21. Chuck

Wow, talk about sore losers (though I think the vast majority of these "Hillary supporters" are Republicans who love the "Democrats are divided storyline). Obama won fair and square, Hillary ran a great, historic campaign, but Obama won. Now is the time for all Democrats to get behind Obama...anyone who pays attention to issues and is a Democrat has to see that he is the clear, progressive choice. If you can't see that, you either aren't paying attention or you don't want to see the truth.

August 23, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  22. Jonathan

not mature enough? you supporters are the immature ones, willing to throw your vote away. The man is 47 years old, he is not that young, the way he is portrayed you would think he is about 25. The man has wisdom, intellect, and integrity. Vote Obama

August 23, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  23. "Sources"

lol! You gotta love the republicans coming in here pretending to be non-existent PUMAs, lol!

Ah, you people are soooo amusing.

August 23, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  24. Laszlo Moholy

The ignorance in this comment thread is startling.

August 23, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |