August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. Moderate Black Male Voter

Joe Biden is a closet racist, as indicated by his earlier comments that Obama is "clean and articulate".

Obama may well don blackface and tap dance in a 30-second ad to try to win.

August 23, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  2. JUAN CARLOS

S H E ' S-–N O W-–R U N N I N G-–I N--2 0 1 2

H E R --S U P P O R T E R S---G O I N G --T O--M C C A I N

August 23, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  3. Anonymous

You Hillary loyalists who care more about the gender of the Democratic candidate than winning the election make women appear remarkably undeserving of suffrage.

August 23, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  4. Shaking my head

I wouldn't vote for him no matter who his running mate is and I'm not the only one who feels that way, it doesn't matter who he picks.

August 23, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  5. Moby

If you dont vote for Obama hoping that Hillary will make a come back, just know that we wont forget too when 2012 comes, and yeah there are millions of us.

August 23, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  6. Jesse, St. Louis Park, MN

Hey Hillary Supporters,

Do you not realize that she ran the most negative Democratic Primary campaign in history? Do you know that she could not even run her own campaign (record debt)?

And, for those of you saying you are behind her in 2012, good luck with that. You have been disparaging us Obama supporters the whole campaign. Will us "18 million" supporters of Obama ever support Hillary if her supporters end up being the downfall of the Democratic Party.....No!

August 23, 2008 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  7. Ambrose Smith, Borrego Springs, California

Biden has what it takes.

Looks like Obama is choosing the right person for the job.

August 23, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  8. Brian M.

Cue the whining women...

August 23, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  9. TJ

My candidate lost the primary so I am taking my ball and going home to cry to my mommy. Yeah that is great vote for McCain, what a great idea, that is what Hillary wants, she wants you to flush the country down the drain....you idiots.

I really like HRC but she lost the primary, and I would say for certain she will either be in the cabinet of a supreme court justice nominee. Do you want to throw that all away?

The neocons have done it, they have convinced you to vote against your beliefs and HRC's beliefs. Go ahead fall into the trap.

August 23, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  10. Sam

Hillary's got prime time spot at the convention; her supporters will get their roll call and their carthasis; Bill will get a high profile speaking role; Obama will go a very long way, again, praising Hillary during his speech...what more do the PUMA people want? Whether they like it or not, Obama is going to be the nominee, not Hillary. Can anyone name any losing candidate in the primary who has been given so much deference?

Clinton is unwilling or unable to explain all those huge speaking fees Bill has received since he left office and the list of contributors to the Clinton Library cannot be revealed...can you see anyone allowing these to be a topic for Repubs to exploit?

If Clinton supporters want to vote for a guy who will put Alito-Scalia-Thomas clone on the Supreme Court, fine. When the two imminent spots show up on the Supreme Court and Roe v. Wade is overruled, well we'll see how the PUMA folks feel then.

August 23, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  11. Pam

You Hillary fanatics are pathetic. She lost, get over it. And if McCain wins because of your misguided efforts, we'd better not see any of you here a year from now complaining about how McCain has screwed up this country. And don't believe for a minute that if she and her husband undermine Obama in hopes that he loses, that she will win the nomination in 2012. She will be toast.

August 23, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  12. john

Did anyone ever consider that maybe, just maybe, Hillary never wanted the VP in the first place? She didn't respect Obama enough to budget her campaign past Super Tuesday, folks. I don't think she would ever consider being his underling.

But I see her lack of insight is reflected among her supporters.

August 23, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  13. Wise young elder

Well, I am a bit disappointed- very disappointed...but he is picking someone who he is comfortable with and I just can't dispute that. It's really too bad, but perhaps he had a difficult time reconciling bringing on someone that said a lot of damaging negatives about him- negatives that Hillary would have to dispute if she were the VP candidate.

For Hillary supporters, I am sorry that she isn't the choice- if you feel that it's best to not vote at all or write her in- I cannot blame you for it.
    I have to, however, vote for Obama because I feel McCain would be a big mistake- and I am afraid for this country staying on the path its on.
    Barack may not be the best choice, but I'm willing to give him a try.

best wishes

August 23, 2008 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  14. sffrank

She wasn't even on the short list Obama totally disrespected Clinton and her supporters when HE LIED and said she was. I am sitting this election out.

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  15. Ricardo

Since I want Hillary to win in 2012 I need Obama to lose so he won't be running as an incumbent president that year. Hillary will be a lock for the nomination in 2012 if McCain wins this time. The media support of Obama cost Hill the nomination this year, but not next time.
    If Obama wins this time he's guaranteed to be the nominee in 2012 so he's gotta lose this time.

If you're a Hillary supporter like I am the only thing we can do this time is vote McCain and not allow Obama to win. It's tough, but it's politics!

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  16. Brian

Couple of comments:
    1. Biden I think is great fit, and is an excellent choice.
    2. PUMA your pathetic. Really no other way to state it. Sabotage Obama and you actually think Hillay will win in 2012? Think of the anger towards Nader and multiply it by 10. She will be lucky to win her Senate seat again. Idiotic when you are willing to piss away Roe vs. Wade with Supreme Court Justices who are there for life. Yeah life... let your pettiness rule...
    3. Rationale Hillary fans. Biden leaves the door open for Hillary in 2016. Biden will be over 73 and Hillary 69. Hillary has a shot here. If it was Bayh or Kaine then her chances would have been almost nil.

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  17. Erin

I second everything Karen said.!
    Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of thousands of Hillary supporters walking away from Obama!
    Good luck with that whole Hidin' Biden thing, Barry!

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  18. Peter Thickwood

Yeah, no kidding! That's not news! Let's win this erection in November Democrats! Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Obama – Bendin '08 &12

August 23, 2008 01:32 am at 1:32 am |
  19. yeahklye

hillary fans, if you feel that voting for mccain to prove a point to obama would be productive to the country and the democratic party, then by all means do it. if your feelings originate from any other place, then look yourselves in the mirror long and hard before voting to mccain.

August 23, 2008 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  20. Florida voter

Today is the day that will be remembered as : The Day Obama Lost Such an Easy Election To Win.

August 23, 2008 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  21. Sammy

Its a simple question for any Hillary democrat: is a protest vote more important than making sure a neo-con hawk doesnt get elected? Just remember, if McCain gets us into a war with Iran its because the American people vote him in. That includes people who dont vote because they know McCain is open to the idea. Or I will tell you what... Hillary diehards just need to tell themselves that they are voting for Biden. He will have more influence on decision making than anyone else.

Personally I would rather Obama be influenced by someone with alot more experience than Hillary (his 30+ years as a senator vs. her 8 years). Keep in mind for example that the president of Georgia specifically asked for Biden to go there. I dont think he asked for Hillary.

August 23, 2008 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  22. bob in LA

Good. now she can run in 2012 as the party favorite again and this time have enough personal clout to have a fair primary season

August 23, 2008 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  23. CTP

Hey Hillary supporters...if Obama loses this election, your candidate will be blamed – and she will never be able to run for President again. Mark my words – we're 18 million strong too. If you support Obama now, great. If you don't, get on board or get overthrown.

August 23, 2008 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  24. Dan Andonian

First time in 6 elections that I will be jumping ship...this Democrat is voting for McCain as a "I told you so" vote

August 23, 2008 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  25. Juan

If this is true Obama has made a big mistake. I hope they Boo biden of the stage today and demand Hillary get the Veep spot!

August 23, 2008 01:36 am at 1:36 am |