August 22nd, 2008

Source: Clinton has been told she's not the VP pick

Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.
Clinton has been informed she will not be Obama's VP.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama has ruled out Senator Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, a senior Democratic official told CNN on Friday night.

Clinton - Obama's main rival during the primary season - has been informed by Obama's campaign that she is not his choice to be his vice presidential candidate, the source said.

1. jimmy

Biden and Obama just lost the Indian vote...remember what Biden said about the Indians who run 7/11s

August 23, 2008 01:36 am at 1:36 am |
  2. Marcus

Well, that clears the way for Hillary in 2012, because there is no way Obama will win without Hillary on the ticket. Joe Biden? YAWN!!!!!

The McCain camp must be delirious at the moment. They can stop trying to count houses and start counting electoral votes.

August 23, 2008 01:37 am at 1:37 am |
  3. patrick

@ Edgar , Obama did NOTHING to Obama. you people are dilussional. if anything blame the DNC, however something HIlary supporters never came to realize, HIlary would NOT have won the primary election regardless of the outcome of Michigan and Florida. Besides that most of you are just predjudice and beat around the bush about everything . Furthermore, did you HIlary supporters ever think that after all the anger you have directed at Obama, that HIlary might not win without Obama supporters???

August 23, 2008 01:37 am at 1:37 am |
  4. Military Man

Obama just lost the election.

August 23, 2008 01:39 am at 1:39 am |
  5. Gus

No Hillary, no vote!

August 23, 2008 01:41 am at 1:41 am |
  6. Asad

Its sad. Obama has just denied a victory to democrats that they really deserved. Just because he is scared chosing Clinton will make him look like a small guy. Its over for me. Good luck Obama-Biden. Congrats McCain.

August 23, 2008 01:44 am at 1:44 am |
  7. Johnson

Good, Now more Americans will vote for Obama. Whit Clinton and Obama togather would have been a power disaster to each other in the White house. I am sure that Obama saw it as a issue for him in the next 4 years also. More can get done with these two men in the White house.

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  8. Astrid

B.O. should have picked Hillary...what a DUMBBELL!!!!!!

Poor baby has to have Daddy Joe hold his hand. Hillary Supporters will turn the screws on B.O.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

MCCAIN WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  9. ken k

He should have picked Hillary. Obama just lost my vote.

Democrats will lose.
    Democrats will lose.
    Democrats will lose.
    Democrats will lose.
    Democrats will lose.
    Democrats will lose.
    Democrats will lose.

Long live McBush.

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  10. bright eyes

Obama just lost 2 votes and our donation to the Democratic Party.

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  11. Ohio

No Hillary=No vote for Obama.
    Ohio had it right!!!!!!!!

August 23, 2008 01:48 am at 1:48 am |
  12. caliguy

I'm inclined to believe that all these bratty clinton supporters are more racist than they are democrats. I'd never vote republican simply because my person didn't get nominated. I'm not surprised because the clintons have set this tone. If Biden is the one doesn't this benefit the WHOLE democratic party????

If Billary had 18million people WHY IS SHE STILL IN DEBT. If OBama does not get elected it's because of typical racism in america that's it that's all.

The End!

August 23, 2008 02:00 am at 2:00 am |
  13. Cindy

Thank you, Senator Obama!

While I can fully understand the disappointment by her supporters.... Just like when she refused to concede at the end of the primaries, she cannot hold Obama or the party hostage. It's not her place to do so.

As her supporters continue to burn the torch for her. And she continues to encourage their efforts....

If Obama loses in November... I blame her for it. And I will not forget.

August 23, 2008 02:00 am at 2:00 am |
  14. Obama4President

GOOD KEN K AND BRIGHT EYES ON NOVEMBER 4TH YOU GUYS STAY IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND KEEP COMPLAINING. WE DON'T NEED YOUR VOTES TO WIN OBAMA/BIDEN 08

August 23, 2008 02:03 am at 2:03 am |
  15. Haridaspal

Senator Barack Hussein Obama and Senator Neil Kinnock. I hope the Republicans rip them apart. Two die hard liberals on the ticket! Go McCain – Go PUMA!

August 23, 2008 02:07 am at 2:07 am |
  16. Bellevue Girl

I think that to not vote at all is the dumbest decision you could make. How could you all as DEMOCRATS not vote and have the chance that we would get in an idiot like McCain? Come on now, use your heads!

August 23, 2008 02:07 am at 2:07 am |
  17. Dan

Good bye Clintons...it's about time you took a bow. Please go gracefully, but that would not be like you & Bill. You got the race card played to to full extent it can be played. Learn to live with it!!!

August 23, 2008 02:07 am at 2:07 am |
  18. Grandmomma

Obama has served 143 days in the senate and he "cut in line " adhead of Hillary . He should have "paid" his dues before putting his name in the pot . I hope Hillary supporters will vote for McCain . Obama doesn't have enough school of hard knocks under his belt to be a effective leader.

August 23, 2008 02:08 am at 2:08 am |
  19. An American for America

Hillary supporters dont do this to America. Hillary lost fairly. Even she acknowledges it and she knows what McCain will do to this country. I know if Obama had lost the nomination I would be dissappointed, but there is no way I would vote for McCain or stay home. The price is too big. I would fully support Hillary.

August 23, 2008 02:08 am at 2:08 am |
  20. Peter

And how can you Obama supporters blame Clinton should he lose? It's his election to lose. He made all the decisions. She made the decision to go into debt and many of you have made it clear that it was all her fault. So be it. But to blame him for losing because some of us won't vote for Obama is ridiculous. I may be disappointed that he didn't choose Clinton for the VP spot but I cannot blame him because it was his choice to make. I am hopeful that Obama will win but I cannot go against my own feelings so I shall either write Clinton's name in or not vote at all. I will live with the consequences whatever the outcome. But to blame Clinton as if she can point the gun to our heads and force us to vote for someone we don't want to is insane. I wish Obama well. I really do. But right now, I will not vote for him. Nor will I vote for McCain. A choice between the lesser of two evils is not a choice I want to make. Blame me, blame her supporters but to blame Clinton for OUR choices is something unbecoming of the Obama supporters who purport to take the high road.

August 23, 2008 02:09 am at 2:09 am |
  21. I have 1 home

I am an Obama supporter and curious to know how PUMA and the rest of the staunch Hellraisers think Senator Clinton will be elected in 2012?

I and many like me will remember this stance you are taking against Senator Obama and will NOT vote for her then or ever.

You are quick to say, Obama needs us. Well, who do you think Hillary will need in 2012? PUMA dose not have enough voters to win an election.

Senator Obama won the primary, what would you have him to do? Give the nomination to Hillary because you like her more... I believe if Senator Clinton had won the election the same way Senator Obama did, we would not be having this exchange.

Me thinks some of the PUMA fanatics are against Senator Obama for some underlying issues they don't care to uncover, because if you were really concerned w/ the direction of the country you would vote for Obama, as his views and wishes for this country are more consistent with your girl than McBush's!

Lastly, you are so stubborn that you are going against Hillary's wishes to support Barack.

At any rate, good luck with that!

Obama 08 B 4 it's 2 late!!!!!!

August 23, 2008 02:09 am at 2:09 am |
  22. Yupik1

Why make her VP, when she said that she's waiting for him to get whacked?

August 23, 2008 02:10 am at 2:10 am |
  23. Arthur Champ

I think it is utterly stupid to make or leak your choice for vice president at one o clock in the morning. If this was an unexpected pick maybe but anybody with half a brain knew that the pick was Biden especially after the way he blew it on the Rick Warren fiacso. With HIllary he would have had at least a six point jump in the polls before the convention without Hillary he gets no bump.

August 23, 2008 02:10 am at 2:10 am |
  24. WOW - Cedar Hill, TX

Can't you get it...Hillary didn't want the job... words from her own mouth....

stop your selfish whinning people......

Those of you that will not vote for Obama/Biden or vote at all...That is your lose...........

August 23, 2008 02:10 am at 2:10 am |
  25. Silent One

I don't understand the cult around Hillary.

What would have happened if the roles were reversed?If Hillary had won, would it be okay for Obama's supporters to be acting this way towards Hillary? To risk destroying the election for petty vengeance?

The immaturity of it is astounding.

August 23, 2008 02:10 am at 2:10 am |