August 22nd, 2008

Source: Obama calls Veep runner-ups

Obama has already made his decision, say sources.
Obama has already made his decision, say sources.

(CNN) – Sen. Barack Obama called some people on his short-list for the vice presidential slot Thursday night to tell them he had not selected them as running mate, a highly placed Democratic party source told CNN.

The source did not say which people got the call.

Obama has told some other potential running mates over the last few weeks that he would not be choosing them.

Full story

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. John

I just hope that if he doesn't pick Hillary, that ALL of her supporters will get behind Obama. Because that is what THEY would want if the situation had been the other way around. (I just don't think they see things that way!!)

August 22, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  2. Watcher

Bill from florida
    Obama aint a boy. please be respectful on what you post. if you can't post stay out of the freanzy.

Democrats 08'

August 22, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  3. Deniese

If Hillary got her call it was at 3:00 a.m. Those are the only calls she'll answer.

August 22, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  4. Eileen from Maine

Great headlines. OBAMA CALLS LOSERS
    I'm not sure if somebody who is one of a very select group of people to be considered and vetted as a potential VP, in one of the greatest countries in the world should be called a loser.

August 22, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  5. char19145

Disco died alot faster than he is making this decison. Probably because he was flip-flopping, back and forth. If it's not Hillary, it will be one empty suit, trying to help another empty suit.

August 22, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  6. Just My Guess

Obama/Kerry works for me

August 22, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  7. dh

It's Al Franken

August 22, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  8. Preston

Ted,

Actually, the latest count on McCain's home ownership tally was "at least seven". It's no wonder he can't keep track.

Then again, he did invent the Iraq-Afghanistan border, so it would appear that keeping track of much of anything is not one of his strong points.

August 22, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  9. PUMA 4 HILL

Hillary – DON'T DO IT!!!

Stay far away from this creep... you'll sink with him.

You are the one Hillary!

August 22, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  10. Never Barak Obama

it better be Hillary or Liberals will lose again!

August 22, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  11. NObama

I hope it's NOT Hillary. I don't want her part of that sinking ship! We need her in 2012!

August 22, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  12. mrsingh

I like Biden-I hope he wins! I like his fighting spirit! Whole point is to win, if Obama thinks Hillary can do that, that's fine! But he should sequester her to an outhouse somewhere in south maybe Gitmo where she won't undermine him! Thanks to her, republicans have ammu against Obama! Obama should pay off her debt only if he wins the Presidency otherwise she should go get multiple jobs like we working stiffs have!

August 22, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  13. Don

I think it is Jesse Jackson. He has the tools to slice into the matter. Remember he was going to cut out Obama's gonads.

August 22, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  14. Filipina

I like Hilary or Joe Biden

August 22, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  15. K

CNN in the tank for Obama. Journalism has died.

August 22, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  16. Remloc

Amen, Jo-Ann/NY!!!

When there were still about 8 Democrats and 5 Republicans still in the race, I said "anyone but Clinton is better than what we've got now!"

As long as there's no Clinton on the ticket, Obama's got my vote! Pick her, and he loses it to McCain!

signed:

A Left Leaning Independent.

August 22, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  17. Poster from RI

I don't know Jo-Ann. I would rule out Hillary. I mean if Obama doesnt pick Hil, then he just might risk alienating all of Hillary's soul sisters who voted for her during the primaries, and if history is any precursor to the future, it is going to be the women's vote that decide this election.

Bill Clinton won in 96 thanks to the Soccer moms, and Bush in 04 with help from the Evangelical vote, but most importantly because of the Security Moms who were just uncomfortable with John Kerry and his Iraq stance.

August 22, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  18. J. McKinney

Let's hope that Hillary gets the supers to vote for her and wins at the convention!! But if not, he will have to choose Hillary if he has any hope at all of winning in Nov.
    GO HILLARY!!

If neither of the above happens, I will be voting McCain, and not out of spite–just because I feel he is WAY more experienced than Obama.

August 22, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  19. Whitewater

Hillary already got the gas face last night. Hillary will not be on the ticket. This country cannot move forward with a Clinton on the ticket.

August 22, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  20. Brooke in PA

I'm guessing Biden or Bayh. I really hope it's not Hillary. We shall see though!

August 22, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  21. libs be dopes

Obama/Edwards 2008!

August 22, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  22. Donna

Will anyone care as much when it's McOld's turn to pick his running mate? Hopefully it will be someone with only 1 house and who thinks that people don't have to make $5 million to be considered rich...you know someone IN TOUCH with reality!!!!

August 22, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  23. guesswhat

You know, Obama's name is on CNN 2 to 1 over McCain, guess who's gonna win.

August 22, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  24. Jim, San Antonio Texas

The Great Obama has spoken. Change is in the Air:)

August 22, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  25. Thomas, Illinois

Credit card Rep...I like your comment, that's funny...Your name fits so well...Under the Repucks everyones using credit cards to survive...Get a clue...O/08

August 22, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |