August 22nd, 2008

Source: Obama calls Veep runner-ups

Obama has already made his decision, say sources.
Obama has already made his decision, say sources.

(CNN) – Sen. Barack Obama called some people on his short-list for the vice presidential slot Thursday night to tell them he had not selected them as running mate, a highly placed Democratic party source told CNN.

The source did not say which people got the call.

Obama has told some other potential running mates over the last few weeks that he would not be choosing them.

Full story

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Al, NY NY

The losers should consider themselves lucky. They now miss the chance to be slandered and thrown under not a bus but a train by the Roves/Oxycotin-boy/Shammity/s k a n k Coulter and the rest of the GOP smear machine

August 22, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  2. Mike

No HILLARY.. NO VOTE FROM ME.

August 22, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  3. Tracy

I like the way Obama and Clinton look together. I am a die-hard Obama supporter but I think I can be exicited with Hillary on the ticket. Bill...well as long as he is disciplined on the campaign trail, he will be fine.

Obama-Clinton '08
    "Yes we can"

August 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  4. Jon

I've heard from a very inside source that Obama has actually picked his wife Michelle to be his VP. Can you believe that? It would be so great to have them both in the office!!! Choosing someone else to by VP would just tarnish the Obama name.

August 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  5. Obama - The Game Changer

Hello

Hello

Hello

Can you hear me now?

I'm sorry to inform you and PUMA you are not my choice

**What the Hell

Click

August 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  6. Tracy

I would even like Al Gore if he would give it a shot one more time!

August 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  7. carolflowery

“I won’t comment on anything else until I introduce our running mate to the world,” he said. “That’s all you’re going to get out of me.”

ummm would someone remind Obama he's only running for President of the United States and not the world

August 22, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  8. vjh

Either Hagel or Clinton ( Hillary that is) !

August 22, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  9. Derrick in Houston

Obama / Biden...

August 22, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  10. Brooke

I wonder why so many of the Obamabots are attacking all Republicans. For followers of a man who preaches post partisanship you people certainly set the bar very low. It's not one party that has gotten us into this mess, it's the collective "leadership" of Congress. Let me ask, though, what has the Democratic leadership done since they took Congress? What substantive measures have been taken? I agree, nothing much was done when the GOP was in charge but don't attack them when the Dems are doing the same thing – nothing.

August 22, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  11. Bobby, Triangle, VA

You people are fooling yourselves if you think Obama is going to pick that loser! If he does I am still going to vote for him but I will not care for Hillary ever!!

All the PUMA's and Hillary Supporters are idiots and losers!!!! Why don't you all go over to Iraq where the next bombs will be!

August 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  12. Susan

If not Hillary, Obama will losr million of votes. Hope he picks her for veep so he can win.

August 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  13. Jack Jodell, Minneapolis, MN

When doing the final vetting for the VP slot, please make sure he or she knows how many homes they own. And the McCain crowd says OBAMA is the elitist? Just another in an almost infinite line of Republican lies and distortion!

August 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  14. JB

McCain is so out of touch with not only himself but the American people.

Obama has as much experience as Clinton did his first term. Here's to another great era like the 1990s! Go Obama!

August 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  15. Another Poster - Sacramento, CA

Please stop screaming in the forum. It is unnecessary and not good forum etiquette.
    Thank you.

Obama is for change. The Clinton's have already been in the White House that does not foster change.

Please Post

August 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  16. gotcha

Who gives a doggone who he chooses. He is going down. Americans, except the ones with their hands out, are too smart to vote for him. And thank goodness, the hard workers and tax payers are in the majority for now. But the others are gaining, like cockroaches.

August 22, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  17. John - Houston

"energy August 22nd, 2008 9:17 am ET

Well, the stage is set: My sources tell me that the following were called: Richaron, Nunn, Kaine, Biden, Bahyh, and the KS Governor. That leaves Hillary Clinton as the VP Choice. I guess Obama listened to words of wisdom by winning first. There is no doubt he would have lost the presidency without Hillary. I do not support the Clintons but current events suggest she is the smart choice to VICTORY. At least we can get about 80% of her supporters and WIN!! I can live with that!!

Dean 2016!!"

There is not a snow balls chance in hell, that Dean would get even considered to run for President in 2016.

If there is one person out of touch with most Americans regardless of socio economics, is Dean. Not to mention, he is extremely partisan.

August 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  18. blair

I don't care who he picks he lost my vote from the time I checked out his life and found out he has lied in the books he has written and lied and lied some more. I do not want someone who has a duel citizenship either. Do not take my word for it look it up.

August 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  19. alpha

i dont think Veep choice has got anything to do with the election. Democrats have tasted painfully from Republicans Mcsame and Bush for the past 8 yrs. All we need is change.
    Sen. Obama has expressed his vision for America! Lets all unite and seek the change we all have been crying out for.
    Obama 08!

August 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  20. Doug R.

If it's Hillary, the Republicans will be flushed down the toilet (where they belong).
    By the way Mr. McCain, I own 1 house and I'm making mortgage payments on it every month.

August 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  21. Marilyn of AR

I most certain hope that it is not Hillary, that would really be bad news on such a beautiful day.

August 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  22. Larry

Look, your VP selection will not spackle in all your holes junior Senator Obama. Just make the announcement and let's get this will he/won't he crap over with.

Of course, you love this sort of thing, Mr. Limelight. Don't you.

August 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  23. Jeff K. / Galena, MO

It's 3am and there's a phone ringing..........." Hello Hillary.. Barack here... Thanks for all you've done but you're not it. "

August 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  24. Margaret Anderson

Joe Biden would be an excellent choice. Hillary should be out since she and Bill highjacked so much time at the convention.

Margaret

August 22, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  25. LET IT GO

LOL I KNOW JO-ANN BUT HE MIGHT NOT WIN WITHOUT HER.

August 22, 2008 09:36 am at 9:36 am |