August 23rd, 2008

Awaiting Biden

ALT TEXT

A crowd has gathered outside Sen. Biden's home. Watch for yourself on CNN.com/live!

(CNN) – A large crowd has gathered outside Joe Biden's Delaware home awaiting a glimpse of the newly-named Democratic VP candidate.

A motorcade is expected to take Biden and his family to a nearby airport shortly. Biden and Obama will appear together in Springfield, Illinois at 3 p.m. ET.

Stakeout Joe Biden on CNN.com/live

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Joe Biden
  1. Susan

Obama has now lost our vote.

August 23, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  2. jeanette

Obama-Biden... Another GOLD MEDAL for the USA!!!

August 23, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  3. Charlotte

I agree, the country would be better off with McCain at the helm. The only one who would do a better job, isn't on a ticket. I guess Joes' trip to Georgia was a lobbing trip, at taxpayer expense. I guess Obama isn't so much for change after all. Joe has been in the Senate longer then McCain and is almost as old. Maybe we won't hear so much about Johns' age now. I guess Joe was bidding his time. LMAO

August 23, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  4. Californian for Obama!

AHAHAHHA!!! THIS IS GREAT!!

We don't need the PUMAs!! Go ahead and vote for McCain, cause this ticket will win anyways!!

OBAMA 08!!

August 23, 2008 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  5. Franky

First of all, I wanna thank Jesus for this historic moment. Without Jesus, the hood(Sprignfield, Illinois) wouldn't be where it is now. And second, I wanna thank Jesus for giving us the pride. And thridly, I wanna thank God because without God, I wouldn't have the magic.

So Thank you God and Jesus!!

August 23, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  6. Move On

Biden is a Catholic, and Catholics believe in the Right To Life for the unborn, so if Biden is a Catholic, he must be anti-abortion, right?

Or, is he a "pick-and-choose" Christian... not really a Catholic.

This sounds compatable with Obama, who is a "pick-and-choose" my position of the day.

August 23, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  7. faye, NV

This is a wonderful choice and I pray for the Dems and all that it need to win this elections.

Obama/Biden
    Yes We Can!

August 23, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  8. Montana is Obama/Biden Country

Obama/BIDEN...... 2008 & 2012..!!

Yes..WE...Can...

August 23, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  9. Kris K in CA

Biden is a terrific choice and will do a great job for the party. His wife and family are just the best and he will provide a good reason to vote democratic this year. He is skilled, likeable and HONEST. A quality missing in the GOP gang this year.

August 23, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  10. Delaine Heliotis

I am so very pleased (and relieved) that Sen. Obama has
    chosen Sen. Biden as his running mate. He will be a very
    strong, well-spoken partner, with great foreign policy
    experience.

And "good" old McCain has already attacked Sen. Biden....
    naturally. McCain is so filled with venomous hate. Years ago
    I admired McCain, but I think he has now been taken over by
    Lord Voldemort !

DH

August 23, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  11. DE votes 08

Delaware on the rise

August 23, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  12. hillybilly

thanks for opening my vp present for me,cnn.i wont be inviting you to christmas or my birthday.msm ruins everything.

August 23, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  13. Barbara - NC

Love Biden – good choice. Good team !!!!

Obama/Biden '08

August 23, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  14. Trannon

GOBAMA/BIDEN...! :)

August 23, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  15. c-span junkie

I have no problem voting for Joe, but why does Obama need him, oh right Obama has no EXPERIENCE and needs someone tobe his backbone, and coach. This is a desperation move by Obama his numbers have hit a wall and and a white Irish Catholic has to rescue him, looks like to me. I'm still not convinced that I really want Obama. It all depends on whether McCain selects a monderate for VP, and I don't mean Lieberman either.

August 23, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  16. tedious898

Come on out Mr. Vice President

August 23, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  17. tired of wash.insiders.

another white-haired old wrinkly dude.i really had my hopes up for change.sad to be so disappointed after being so energized.i may rethink my vote.

August 23, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  18. vic nashville,Tn

Wake up America
    Biden is taking new job
    Training Obama for president (from Biden statement )
    Hillary 2012 / Mc Cain 2008

August 23, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  19. Kevin

A President Hillary Clinton would take a phone call at 3am.
    Leave it to a President Obama to call YOU at 3am!
    Obama/Biden 08'

August 23, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  20. Robert in raleigh

Every President need an attack dog, and Biden is one. I just hope that he doesn't bite off his own foot......

August 23, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  21. carrie hussein obama

YAY!!!!!

August 23, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  22. Peggy

Waited all night for my email and watching CNN. My email came at 4.44.48. Very exciting! I hope that together they will crush McCain who is just not suited to a progressive world and humanity.

August 23, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  23. Pat_Pinehurst NC

Biden is an awesome, balancing addition. Someone needs to tell John King to wipe the grin off his face; he should have let it play out instead of ruining the surprise and thus missing the irony of the 3:00am call.

August 23, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  24. Nevada Independant

Awesome choice!
    YES WE WILL!!!!

August 23, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  25. AsBee

Dont rethink. Do IT. Dont stay home. VOTE

Vote for McCain – the only one who CAN

Registered Democrat for McCain :)

August 23, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |