August 23rd, 2008

Biden criticizes Obama - in new McCain ad

A new GOP ad shows Biden criticizing Obama.
A new GOP ad shows Biden criticizing Obama.

(CNN) - John McCain's campaign is going to the tape.

Wasting little time attacking the newly-minted Democratic presidential ticket, the McCain campaign released a television ad Saturday morning featuring Barack Obama's running mate criticizing the Illinois senator in a primary debate last year.

The 30-second spot, set to air in key states, features an August 2007 primary debate during which Joe Biden was asked if he stood by his criticism Obama is not yet ready to be president.

"I think that I stand by the statement," Biden is shown saying.

The ad also features a 2005 interview of Biden during which he praised McCain, saying, "I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off."

Filed under: Race to '08
  1. James

Swami says "McCain answer in all debates will follow this format-

NOUN-VERB-POW
    NOUN-VERB-POW
    NOUN-VERB-POW
    NOUN-VERB-POW

LET LOOSE THE HOUNDS!!!
    ALL GLOVES OFF OBAMA/BIDEN!!!
    HIT MCCAIN UNTIL HE FORGETS HE HAS 7 HOUSES, A CLOSET FULL OF $500 DALLOR SHOES, ACCESS TO HIS FAMILIES OWN CORPORATE JET, AND A FAMILY NET WORTH OVER $100 MILLION.

I WANT TO HEAR HIM SAY UNCLE AND ROMNEY SAY THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08,12

August 23, 2008 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  2. Erika, KS

HA! HA!
    This is funny. Bad choice Obama. Two of the most liberal career senators on the same ticket? HELLO President McCain!!!

August 23, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  3. Abe

Mit Romeny has said a lot worst things about McBush. Wait until he announces his nominie which everyone knows it will be Mit the flip floper with more houses than McCain.

August 23, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  4. LBfromGa.

I think Joe Biden is an EXCELLENT choice. The news Media and reporters need to cut the DRAMATICS and let us get on with an election. We are living on another PLANET, if we thought for 1 minute that Hillary was going to be the "choice". I'm thinking a couple months ago she knew she wouldn't be the one, but, would be offered a BIG ROLE, in the White House, when Barack is elected. And ummmmm YES he WILL be our NEXT President. So all you Loyal Democrats out there need to role up your shirt sleeves and get on with life and VOTE for Barack, because we the people need to survive and it just aint gonna happen, if Johnny Mc is elected.

Have a Great Weekend ALL :-)

August 23, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  5. Todd, Dallas TX`

Now what would of been really smart is for OBAMA to pick a left wing republican...

With Mitt being as conservative as he is and McCain almost a liberal they are easily going to take the white house.

A democratic ticket will destroy our economy... Higher taxes, no offshore drilling and worst of all Universal health care.

August 23, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  6. William, from Cali!

Is this the best the Republicans can do?.........I hope the American public would expect more, rather than the same old negative "retread comments", from our future leaders.......... "something that they may have said, in the past".............. What a bunch of crap!....what about our future? Where are the men of vision, when we need one!

August 23, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  7. Margo

Is this the best McCain can do? I smell som real fear here

August 23, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  8. laurence

For all those broken hearts that Hillary wasn't chosen and will vote for McCROWMAGNUM MAN so you can vote Hillary in '12, keep dreaming. Obama and Biden will be running for re-election at that time! You'll just be stupid. By the way, why haven't you sent her your money to pay off her campaign debt? Put your money where your pie hole is! Huh! That's what I thought!

August 23, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  9. proud army and navy mom

Will Biden be writing any of his own speeches or will he plagerize them? HAHAHA

August 23, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  10. mardi

Dear Hillary/McCain Supporters,

Its time to put your animosity aside, and unite against another four years of Bush/Republican tactics.

If you are really about putting this country back on track, then how could you even consider McCain, or not voting at all?

August 23, 2008 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  11. Sherylanne

Obama just sank his own ship.
    Guess the "change" platform will have to be put on the shelves. Biden voted the same as HRC on the war, waiting to see how Obama will flip his stand on that....

August 23, 2008 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  12. GoHillary

OBOMBER can choose whoever he wants to his team – he will still be the WEAKEST LINK!!!

August 23, 2008 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  13. Southern State

Niether Obama nor Biden have EVER worked a real job.

They have been politicians their whole lives.

These two don't know anything about the economy.

August 23, 2008 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  14. Kenneth M.

I will be voting for McCain because I dont care if the war goes on, abortion rights are turned, or gas prices go up up up. I just wanted Hillary in the office.

Obama 08!

August 23, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  15. Texas Trail Dog

You go john. you now have 18,000, 000 democrats on your side. You are the man. OBAMA just showed his mentality. We will not go for giving in to foreign enemies, social medicine and in general A STUPID MENTALITY. I would have though you would have picked the Good REV. WRIGHT. YOUR UNCLE MIGHT BEEN ABLE TO PULL YOU UP.

August 23, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  16. John

Easy response:

"I liked McCain of 2000. I would have worked with McCain of 2000. But even HE wouldn't be voting for McCain 2008 who's running now."

August 23, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  17. JK

Romey is not pro-choice he is multiple choice. I cant wait until they run those lines from the LIBERAL Governor of MA.

August 23, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  18. andy dufrain

"McCain '08 for Hillary '12"

you so screwed up that you guys should maybe call for a revolution and maybe even split the country so you can elect Hillary as your leader.. what is wrong with you twisted people.. Hillary did not lose to Obama because he played rought with her, he did not smear her image, he did not attach her all the time.. the simple fact is that Hillary's team screwed it up themselves by going so negative and constantly attacking Obama.. People voted and she lost.. she accepts it and so shoud you!

Obama is not to blame for old dodgy politics.. that can be credited to many a republican candidates and also some democrats who feel they can only compete if they play nasty too!!

Clean up politics, well as much as possible..

I am NOT a die hard obama supporter but a person of reason.

August 23, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  19. JMLM

Were is the "CHANGE" Bam Bam spoke of for months? Not here with a man who has been in Washington for 40 years. And Biden did say Bam Bam isn't ready to be president! Now with Biden he is? I don't think so. And his wife is no FIRST LADY! She's racist. I'm with McCain 08, Hillary 12. McCain gets my vote over these 2. Looks like Bam Bam isn't about change after all. can we say Liar liar pants onfire? Either way it's the same 4 years of the last 8. GO MCCAIN. You Bam Bam nuts are in for a surprise in NOVEMBER get ready. Oh and I don't care how many houses anyone has whats that got to do with being PRESIDENT?

August 23, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  20. Curliss

Of course, he is not fit for the presidency. The man makes millions and hasn't even helped his half-brother in Kenya over all these years... so, why would anyone expect him to help ordinary americans out or in need. He's a fake.

McCain or Hillary are the only viable candidates.

August 23, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  21. JOANN...L I NEW YORK

TO SOUTHERN STATE..

WE ALL KNOW WHY YOU'RE VOTING FOR MCCAIN SINCE YOUR GIRL HILLARY DIDN'T MAKE IT...SHE WAS THE ONE WHO PLAYED THE RACE CARD AND DIRTY POLICITICS...

AND GUESS WHAT, HRC NEEDS OUR VOTE IN 2012 AND SHE WON'T GET IT BECAUSE OF YOU & YOUR PUMA IGNORANCE..
    I GUESS YOU PEOPLE WANT TO REMAIN WITH THE SAME OLD FAILED POLITICS OF THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION..MAY GOD GIVE YOU INTELLIGENCE TO CHANGE YOUR NEGATIVE OPINIONS!!!

August 23, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  22. McBush - McLies - McElitist - McShame!

GO OBAMA!

Depsite the negative ad peddlers say – America can't afford an old corrupt man like McWoldWar3 to be in charge of this great nation!

August 23, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  23. steve dumford, Scotts valley ca.

Picking Biden with a text message at 3 AM just sunk the arrogant fool. Nice way to unite the party. Just proves that this goofball, done nothing, knows nothing empty suit is all about show and no substance. I am a Hillary supporter and this puts it in the bag for me. I'm voting for McCain.

August 23, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  24. Democrats Unite - Obama/ Biden 08!! Whoop whoop!!! :-)

McCain... hate to break it to you, BUT if this is all youve got YOU ARE DOOMED TO FAILURE!!!

Come on Obama... bring up some DIRT/ TRUTH on this guy... Keating???

August 23, 2008 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  25. larry

Those Hillary supporters who say their voting for Mcain had better watch out. I'm a white union Man, and a very HUGE supporter and volunteer for the Democratics but if I feel Hillary dosen't do much. I won't help or vote for her. This is going to be a huge test in Ohio and if Hillary, Ted Strickland, Sharrod Brown, Zack Space and everyone else dosen't get out and do what has to be done to win I'll just give up and never vote again. If the democratics cant get past Obama race then their not the party I thought they were.

Teamsters for Obama