August 23rd, 2008

Clinton praises Biden pick

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Saturday praised Barack Obama's choice of Joe Biden as his VP.

"In naming my colleague and friend Senator Joe Biden to be the Vice Presidential nominee, Senator Obama has continued in the best traditions for the Vice Presidency by selecting an exceptionally strong, experienced leader and devoted public servant. Senator Biden will be a purposeful and dynamic Vice President who will help Senator Obama both win the Presidency and govern this great country," she said in an issued statement.

1. Raymond Duke

She is just playing the game. Do you really hear any enthusisasm in her voice. She knows she was screwed over and the election was taken from her. She is just going thru the moves. Do you believe she should give a crap. I don't.

August 23, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  2. Donna

I am glad that Hillary Clinton praised Barack for his VP choice. God has GREAT things planned for her future. She is a great women and I am thankful for her kind words. Now, I want to vote for Barack/Biden and use my engery to hold them accountable for working for the people of the United States of America.

August 23, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  3. JoeHusseinBloe

Wow, I have to wonder about people who say "No Hillary, I'm voting McCain"!

Are you really Hillary supporters or are you just pretending and trying to stir up the pot? The differences between John "more of the same" McCain and Barack Obama couldn't more startling. Obama proposes moving away from the republicans' idea of reward the rich and maybe the trickles will help everyone else. The last 30 years couldn't make it more obvious what studies have shown, that the economy, businesses, and all citizens do much better and even are generally happier under Democratic administrations than with republicans in charge.
    Wars, spying on it's own citizens, unwarranted arrests, indefinite detention, polarization of all political discussions, etc, etc., are all the result of what George Jr has brought us. Now John McCain wants to continue and, in some cases, go further than Bush with those same policies.
    It is time America regained its top position in the world, financially, influentially, and morally. How can that happen when we refuse to acknowledge that the rest of the world does exist and needs to be a partner in so many dire issues we all face.
    John Sidney McCain wants to continue fighting the VietNam war as a solution for all that ails us. And as far as experience, someone please explain to me what experience he has and how it is relevant. I am curious to know, because from where I sit, his experience has not given him any way to actually use it for the good of this nation

August 23, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  4. Patrick

Great job! This is the combination we need for this great country. We now have the total package to win in November.

August 23, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  5. Kathleen

I am a woman and I support Obama/Biden. I am happy Obama picked Biden. I would not have been happy if he picked Clinton. Just because she was second in the primaries does not mean she should have been VP. I think if he picked Clinton the Republicans would have had more than enough fuel to attack and win. With Biden, Obama forces his critics to calm down on his experience on foreign policy. And for all those women out there who are now saying they will vote for McCain then you can kiss your rights good bye! A McCain presidency will erode women's rights, African American rights, and so on. If that happens then I am going to hold you Hillary Supporters responsible because you sold out the party! We need to take back our country and get us back on track. 4 years of McCain is for more years of Bush policy. I hope you Hillary supporters can live with that when you make that choice.

August 23, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  6. Raymond Duke

I do not see how you Obamanuts can be so happy about Lugers congratulaing Biden . You know he is Just an old white Crinkled man like McCain. Isn't that what you left wingers are always saying. Shoot according to you people he should be senile. I don't get you liberals. What a great talent you people must posses to tell the difference between one old white crinkled man than the other. AMAZING.

August 23, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  7. returntocommonsense

To the PUMAs –

I understand your disappointment in Senator Clinton not getting the nomination (and yes I voted for her). What I do not understand is the lack of common sense.

Voting for McCain is a vote for our troops staying longer in Iraq and Afghanistan, the possibility of another war with Iran which brings with it the very real possibility of the Draft being reinstated (it does not take a military analyst to realize that our troops are spread thin), a greater tax burden being placed on people who are already over taxed, more tax breaks for the wealthy and corporate America (who already have ridiculous tax breaks – think oil companies) a reversal of the reproductive rights (abortion and birth control) that women now have, etc.

I just have one question – are you going to accept the responsibility that goes alone with your vote?

August 23, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  8. Indiana Voter

Dear Hillary Supporters: If Hillary had won the election, then I hope she would have had the right to pick whomever she wanted to for VP. At this point, none of us have been privy to the conversations between Obama and the Clintons, but I am confident Hillary will get a significant position in the new administration which will not only highlight her strengths but help heal her candidancy for a future shot at president. Please remember that Obama has been very gracious in trying to work with the Clintons to ensure they have a respectful place at the convention. Let's give him his due and recognize the efforts he has made. Moreover, let's not forget that this election is not about obama or clinton, it's about the future of country. If you step back and look at things from that perspective, then you will see that mccain will be a disaster not only for women and our country but for our children. Let's stand up and take back our country from the Republicans, and special interests groups!

August 23, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  9. Nick

C'mon, let's be realistic: even though HRC was probably the best veep choice, to have two minorities on one ticket would be a recipe for disaster. This way, the dems actually have a shot at swing voters. Sebellius was obviously not going to get picked, she just had the potential to carry Kansas, so Hillary is the first woman in line for a prominent role in Obama's cabinet. I wouldn't be suprised if Hillary doesn't get a cabinet role, but still, she will for certain be the president in 2016, so for now, HRC supporters, let's get Obama in the White House; I really don't think we need another four years of Bush.

August 23, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  10. PAT RIOT

Anonymous, Roe is against Roe now anonymous. You can't have a country that prides itself of the protection of individual freedom except when it is convenient not to.

August 23, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  11. Joe, Florida

I can't belive there are still HRC people out there saying the won't vote for Obama. There was a primary people, and she lost ! She fought the good fight and was defeated by a person who has a different vision of America. A vision that most democrats were in favor of.
    It's your choice to vote for McCain, yep, 4 more years of what we have experenced for the last 8 years.. Your either democrats or your not.
    If you don't stop this nonsence soon you will give Mac the white house.

August 23, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  12. Ruth

I am a woman who thinks highly of Hillary Clinton and admires her achievements. She has broken barriers and changed the role of gender in U.S. politics. She would have perfomed well in the White House, but as president, not as veep. I'm looking to 2016 for an unbeatable Hillary Clinton.

Hillary Clinton wants to steer her own ship, and will continue to break barriers. I am glad that she will do this under the Clinton flag. And we will no doubt see the Clinton flag unfurled at the 2008 Democratic Convention. Let's honor Hillary's 2008 race, pledge to support her in the future, and elect Obama-Biden in the fall. By supporting Obama-Biden and becoming a Democratic Party powerhouse in her own right, Hillary and her 18 million supporters will burnish her reputation and position her for many more great things, including leadership of the Senate AND the presidency.

Let's give Obama-Biden our support, while continuing to honor Hillary Clinton and the 18 million who supported her. Hillary for President , 2016!

August 23, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  13. Annette Gasbarro

What do I think about the design / timing of the unveiling of the VP? I think it couldn't have been more brilliantly orchestrated–in keeping with democratic principles, too.
    Remember that 3 a.m. call? It came, but not at the White House. And, not for the President. Here is the irony: As much of a tease as it was, the unveiling was designed to put the power to the people again. AMERICA got the 3 a.m. call. We were so stunned because we haven't seen anything resembling democratic leadership in about ...... eight years. (As an educator, struggling to work under the NCLB mandates since 2001, walking through the last two Presidential terms has been a slow and frightening walk with the four horsemen.)
    I like to think that in some small way, I answered this administration's first 3 a.m. phone call - the one that brought one of MY "Jane Democrat" civic responsibilities to the apron of the great proscenium on Monday. Our 3 a.m. call signaled the moment that all people in favor of a FUTURE put animosities and egos aside and get this democracy back in motion again.
    POWER to the people.
    Jane Democrat
    New Jersey

August 23, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  14. keith

She know that with her it a field day for the puma too mush Q&A about Bill and the money has after leaving the white house,Mcfools camp will let go or the fact.Joe will the best man for the job.

August 24, 2008 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  15. b

Stop being haters....voting for john mccain is like voting for 4 more years of bush and hillary didn't want the vp nom anyways she wanted to be number 1 or nothing @ all

August 25, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |