August 23rd, 2008

Sources tell CNN: Obama names Biden as Dem VP

(CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate on the Democratic ticket for the White House, three Democratic sources told CNN.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. parkmore

looser with looser. We are so happy that Hillary is not the VP so we will vote for McCain and wait for her on 2012.......... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo Obama
    Please all democrate do not vote for Obama, especially women

August 23, 2008 01:25 am at 1:25 am |
  2. Abbey

I have been a registered Democrat for 20 years. I voted for Obama in the primaries.
    I will vote for McCain in the fall.
    I have increasingly noticed an arrogant streak in Obama that I saw in Bush.
    I must have heard Obama claim 20 times that Clinton would be on anyone's "Short List" of VP picks. Unfortunately, just not his.....according to several reports he never even considered her. I feel manipulated. I feel he's been dangling her out there like a carrot to win votes and now has thrown her under the bus. I wouldn't want a man of that shallow a character to be my President. Period.

August 23, 2008 01:25 am at 1:25 am |
  3. philip

you go Obama while I think Hillary would have been a good pick they couldnt please every one so going with the experiance was a wise choice. As much as I like the Clintons theres to many skeletens in there closets. One more thing I'm glad to see some fresh blood in the white house this country was turning into a monarchey.

Obama 08

August 23, 2008 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  4. Elinn

You Clinton supporters should be thankful Obama is such a nice guy, just imagine if he would have gone negative on Hillary Clinton, i'm sure you wouldn't be liking her or Bill too much right now, all the baggage that the Clintons have, has not been revealed at all, it looks like nothing happen back in the Clinton years in the White House, but alot happen, Obama knew McCain would bring it out, would that be good for Obama to take on such a baggage in the Clintons?

August 23, 2008 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  5. Ms. Adams

I just can't believe that any female dem or independent would ever consider McShame!! What is wrong with YOU!! Don't you want to control your own body choices and prevent endless war and the return of the draft??? Obama and Biden will bring it home for us - what Hillary accomplished will never be erased - only if you don't allow McShame to win the election because you betray our party and our ideals. OBAMA-BIDEN 2008!!!

August 23, 2008 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  6. Katie

Well hell! Let's do it Hillary in 2012!

Welll I guess McCain just won another african american vote....

OBama shame on you!

Hillary will win in 2012...no ifs ands or buts about it!

August 23, 2008 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  7. Elizabeth

Wonderful! I like him. Thanks god it's not Billary!

Obama/Biden '08!!!

Woo hoo!

August 23, 2008 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  8. Teresa

I can't believe that people would put their pride in the way because their candidate wasn'r chosen to settle for four more years of job losses, a slump economy and a costly war. What else are they willing to give up for the sake of pride? Their home , family or bank account! This country is going to hell in a waste basket with this type of mindet.

August 23, 2008 01:27 am at 1:27 am |
  9. Lisa

So many cry babies on here. Grow up, boo hoo, whine, whine, whine, go sign up on John McCrooks web site, why are you here telling us about it, go on, vote Republican, it is on your head, not ours.

August 23, 2008 01:27 am at 1:27 am |
  10. Joe

To all those angry Hillary supporters...

Why the hell would you risk causing harm to the country by voting for Mccain? Why? Because you are just hurt and mean spirited.

Hillary lost. Accept it. Move on and cast your vote for America's future not your own vanity. You all call yourselves Democrats???? C'mon!

OBAMA / BIDEN '08

August 23, 2008 01:27 am at 1:27 am |
  11. Fran Robertson

It really would have been great if Sen. Obama could have done things his way with his announcement. He wanted his supporters to know first via text and email. Because of your insistant persistance in being nosey, you reporters have ruined it for us. There is no need for him to text us anything as long as reporters are as nosey as you are. Why couldn't you have just left well enough alone. Haven't you ever heard of the element of surprise?

August 23, 2008 01:27 am at 1:27 am |
  12. He was Bidin' his sweet time ...

OMG!!! Osama, I Mean Obama Chose Biden ???
    ZZZZZZZZ ....
    Quick send more capital letters, i'm running low........

August 23, 2008 01:27 am at 1:27 am |
  13. stop flaming

how many flamers are pretending to be clinton supporters who will now vote for mccain?

come on folks. thats cheap.

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  14. Mary Beverly

Barack, Thank you for making the first major decision right ! You need someone like Joe Biden to help you do the heavy lifting (delivering that knock out punch to your opponent; someone who knows where all of McCains bodies are buried). Again, thank you and congratulations on an excellent choice !!! Now, on to Victory !!!

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  15. Dan J

Still waiting on that text message. Thought I'd be "one of the first to know." Thanks, Obama.

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  16. Michael in Michigan

It'd better been a good decision. because..

I really don't like J. McCayyyyy

boy oh boy.

Obama/Biden in MI 08.

it's going to be tough here.

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  17. beth

FOR ALL YOU HILLARY SUPPORTERS – i don't like obama either but you will come to like biden. it never would've worked with hillary. the vp is a relatively useless posiiton – let's let her do more important things. obama may have a cabinet spot for her and she can get more done in the senate.

november's a while away – keep your minds open!!!!

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  18. Linda

I consider myself a feminist, and I'm relieved he didn't choose Clinton. Supporting women in general does not mean one has to support what just any woman does – we can still have standards. I don't trust Clinton, I don't like her, and if she were running I'd have had to think seriously about voting for McCain. I think he made a good choice.

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  19. Mikey

Can't believe obama picked biden, he's more communist then vladimir putin.

Doesn't matter McCain has this registered democrat's vote this fall. I'm more interested in McCain's VP. I would be surprised if it was Hillary.

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  20. Leslie, MN

Yippeeeee! I love it. Biden is a great choice and I couldn't be happier. He will be such a wonderful VP. I can't wait to get to Denver and feel the excitement in the air.

Obama/Biden 08

August 23, 2008 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  21. Wake up America

Hillary supporters should accept that Biden is much better equipped for the job than Se. Clinton.

To the fans of Sen. Clinton, all I can say is get over it! She lost. Very fair and very square. If for any reason Sen. Obama were to lose this year, it will definitely be the fault of Sen. Clinton, which means that her supposed chances for 2012 are next to zero.

Obama/BIDEN 08

August 23, 2008 01:32 am at 1:32 am |
  22. Cody

None of these Clinton supporters ever actually state any facts in their rants.

August 23, 2008 01:34 am at 1:34 am |
  23. hope

remember the statement Biden made regarding American Indians...."In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans–moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."
    A little narrow minded.
    He also proposed legislation to roll back taxes for those making over $1 million a year.

August 23, 2008 01:34 am at 1:34 am |
  24. Obama will lose

William Ayers thinks Biden is a great pick. Rev. Wrong (wright) will still find some reason to hate KKKAmerica. Bottom line is Obama is a marxist. You put Biden with Mr. Marxist and you still have a marxist.

The Kool-Aid is wearing off. America will see through this empty suit and make his home state look foolish for electing this wind bag in the first place.

August 23, 2008 01:34 am at 1:34 am |
  25. Donald

Had Obama chosen Hillary, he would have lost more of his real valuable supporters than the fickle Hillary die-hards who are ready and willing to vote Republican just to prove a point.

August 23, 2008 01:34 am at 1:34 am |