August 23rd, 2008

Sources tell CNN: Obama names Biden as Dem VP

(CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate on the Democratic ticket for the White House, three Democratic sources told CNN.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. ian

I am still waiting fro my text message.
    Not even hearing it from Larry King will make me believe it.
    as for PUMAs, go on and not vote or whatever u want to do.
    But whatever you do, just shut up and wait for 2016.
    It was understandable for all of u to vent after the primaries, but jeezz, the whole country has moved on......u need to move on too

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  2. Stop your whining!

Will you Hillary supporters GET OVER IT ALREADY!?!?!?! She lost because she ran a poor campaign – NOT because of Obama. And she's still in debt!!!!! Stop blaming Obama for everything. Throwing temper tantrums is for 5 year olds – not when you are voting for the President of the United States. If you vote for McCain and we go to war with IRAN, I HOPE your kids are the first to get drafted. And when that happens, DON'T complain!

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  3. MIKE FEENEY

Now McCain should put Condoleezza Rice on his ticket and he'll pick up the disgruntled females who supported Hillary and even a few African Americans. I don’t think Obama had much choice, if he had picked Hillary it would have been seen as an act of desperation especially since he’s plummeting in the polls. And can you imagine what the cabinet meetings would have been like. Hillary would have to constantly explain how things work in the real world, since he’s only been operating at the national level for three years and one year of that time has been spent running for the Presidency.

As a 53 year old lifelong Democrat I would have gladly voted for Hillary, but I cannot in all conscience replace a Republican Village Idiot with a Democratic version of the same, John McCain you have my vote!

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  4. Mark R. Milwaukee WI

Political Suicide. I'll vote for you Barack, but McCain's gonna be our next prez. Thanks alot.

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  5. I hate old people

Great. So much for this "change" we hear from Obama so often. He picks a geezer whos been playing dirty politics for decades. lovely.

i am disgusted at obama

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  6. Bill

Let's see. Candidate Obama voted for Bush's FISA bill and wiretapping, is against late term abortion now, supports Bush's faith based programs, support off-shore drillings now, and has Joe Biden as running mate– someone who voted for the Iraq war as well as the continue funding of that war. Looks like you liberals are running a Republican ticket this year!

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  7. HILLARY < INDEPENDENT

I hope the Independent Choice is a Good one.

Mc Cain = TOO OLD, MORE OF THE SAME

Barrack = FLIP FLOPPING, Bad Decisions (v.p.)

PLEASE HILLARY RUN AS A INDEPENDENT!!!! WE ARE BEGGING!!!

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  8. Jay

I was supporting Hillary in the Primary.....but Joe Biden is an excellent and wise choice for Obama. I'm ready for change from Bush and Cheney's dreadful fiscal and foreign policy irresponsibility !

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  9. Divya

I am so upset! Though I like Sen. Biden, I wanted Hillary to be the VP. My dream of the first African-American President and first woman VP have been dashed. I was/am a Hillary supporter from the beginning and the way I feel right now....I don't think I will be voting.

August 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  10. Jeff from Jersey

Great choice!Extremely well respected and has the foriegn affairs experience that Obama lacks.

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  11. sandee in Portland

Vi...get your facts straight! Biden initially voted for the war but since then for several years has said he was wrong it doing so.

This is a man, like Obama, who isn't afraid to admit his mistakes.

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  12. Kiah

For the Dems voting for McCain and would rather a stupid white man over an intelligent black man or your precious Hillary. Rock your vote. And may your grandchildren be drafted in wars all over this country.

Obama/Biden '08!

OBiden, YAY!

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  13. lilacs

The democrats can kiss this election goodbye. Next time pick a real leader . My vote will be a write-in. As a longe time democrat I want real change not lip service. Really change will happen when america wakes-up and elects a woman. So dumber and dumbest is not the only choices we have–there is the green party, The Independent party and the write-in vote, my will be a write-in vote.

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  14. Susan

What a circus!!

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  15. USAF RET

Folks, it doesn't really matter who he picks. What matters is health care, the economy, jobs, the war, and our ability to be a country that is respected again by the rest of the world. I do not trust Senator McCain to lead the country that I defended for 30 years.

To all you "if Hilliary is not on the ticket ........" GROW UP" . The senator herself is backing Senatoe Obama. If you want to rebel, do so by paying off her debt. We have serious problems that need to be taken care of, and whether you like it or not, Senators Hilliary and Obama are pretty much the same on these issues–Senator Mccain is not even in the ball park.

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  16. whatAREtheythinking????

Hillary suppoters- GET OVER THIS FOR GOD"S SAKE!
    DO you want four years of the same Republican scams, scandals and the like because Hillary didn't get picked as VP??
    America is in the toilet already and you want to PULL THE CHAIN!!
    Let's unite and send John McSame packing....
    Or be so narrow-minded and pull us further down the gutter.
    This is just what Republicans want because they know you better than you do.. AND they STILL wont care about you when they get what they want!

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  17. mrsingh

This is great news! This is what happens when you tell us men "Shame on you..!" You don't tell us men who go out there & work everyday "Shame on you..!" Thank you Obama! Thank you Biden!

And if the Hillary supporters don't jump on board with this great news, it's because they hate men, get my drift!

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  18. mike

i think its still a joke....its not biden...lol i bet u its someone eles.......just a prank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the text mess will say someone eles.

rep for obama 08

hill-billies get on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dam it..stp whinning...

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  19. Jay

Hillary sunk her own ship. Who in their right mind would choose Hillary after all the terrible things she said. I would rather see him lose, than win with Hillary. I'm sure he feels the same way. It's sad that she wanted it so bad, that she was willing to sell her soul to the devil. Bill and Hill are the past, Obama is the future. YES WE CAN!!!

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  20. Valerie

Thats to bad its Biden.Biden is good but Hillary and Obama would have been a good team plus they would get the womens vote, elderly and blue collar workers. I believe they could have brought the country together and the Dem party. Sorry no one gets my vote come Nov. no Mcain no obama. I'll just vote for Hillary on the ballot or not at all.

To bad

August 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  21. Nobama

so, the candidate for changed picks a 6th-term senator?

August 23, 2008 01:48 am at 1:48 am |
  22. Kyle in San Diego

Don't worry everyone, the text is coming. You should have known that within the final hours, the best political team would break the story. I think that's why Obama decided to send the text early morning... in hopes that CNN would go to bed; but he should have known better–LARRY KING DOESN'T SLEEP!!! lol... If you REALLY didn't want to know until the text, you should have kept your TVs and computers off! lol

But really, CNN, to be fair, you should have had a "Spoiler Alert" page when people came to your site.

August 23, 2008 01:50 am at 1:50 am |
  23. Lance

Way to go Obama. You just lost the election. I will now write in Hillary along with millions of her supporters. You let your ego get in the way of what was best for the party. Hillary 2012!

August 23, 2008 01:50 am at 1:50 am |
  24. LOL @ Republidorks

Money!!!!!

Game, set, match.

It's over!

August 23, 2008 01:50 am at 1:50 am |
  25. jeanette

Senator Obama and Joe Biden make an awesome looking team.... they will right all the wrongs of the present Bush administration.

Vote Smart – Obama-Biden '08!

August 23, 2008 01:50 am at 1:50 am |