August 23rd, 2008

Sources tell CNN: Obama names Biden as Dem VP

(CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate on the Democratic ticket for the White House, three Democratic sources told CNN.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Enitan Afolabi

Obama's arrogance has finally blinded him into eating his own head.
    He will definitely lose the election. He will also lose the primaries in 2012.
    I am definitely for McCain now. Pity McCain can not make Hillary his running mate because she will not take it.
    My vote and that of my wife go to McCain because he can work with a Democratic congress.
    Biden will shoot the campaign to pieces. He is fond of saying the wrong joke.
    Welcome President John McCain and Democratic Congress.

August 23, 2008 02:24 am at 2:24 am |
  2. Joe, Seattle WA

It seems like the democrats have now a killer ticket to go against the oil party. Good job Mr. OBAMA....Hillary supporters need to stop whining. If they have been better for the last 8 yrs of BUSHEED, then go ahead and vote for MacBush 3. Or it seems like republicans are signed here in pretending that they are democrats or independents!!

Can someone explain to me why the price of oil is going down now?? Response is: OIL PARTY TACTICS. There is alot to say here, but I can't stand and watch my uncle and aunty who are struggling now because of their houses were foreclosed....

OBAMA / BIDEN 08

August 23, 2008 02:27 am at 2:27 am |
  3. I have 1 home

PUMA...Just put a sock in it already. If you have as much gravitas as you think you do in this election, then let it be seen in November. Your constant infantile ranting right now is so annoying that it makes me want to set myself on fire rather than listen to it!

Grow up already...She lost in the game she invented. In that light, she should have made the rules more favorable to her before she came into the arena!

Now that I got that off my chest let me rejoice in this spectacular moment...

Wooohoooo, I am luvin' his choice in Biden. He will eat McWar alive and have a Dubbya chaser to wash him down!!!

Obama/Biden 08 B 4 it's 2 late!!!

August 23, 2008 02:27 am at 2:27 am |
  4. Melodia

McCain/Rice '08!

August 23, 2008 02:27 am at 2:27 am |
  5. TOT in WA

Too bad most of Obama's supporters are already asleep as it is past their beddiebye. I can't wait to hear them bawling in the morning!!!

Thank you Obama! This makes it soooo easy to vote for McCain in November.

August 23, 2008 02:28 am at 2:28 am |
  6. Dan

I'm not voting for Mr. Obama .... I was already disillusioned with the republican party ..... the Democracts gave me a reason today to stay away from casting my vote altogether. I am having a very hard time figuring out the lesser of the two evils this election cycle!

August 23, 2008 02:28 am at 2:28 am |
  7. Adam

NoOBiden!

August 23, 2008 02:29 am at 2:29 am |
  8. VoteForYourself!

I am from Europe and I really don't understand all of you Democrats who don't want to vote for Obama. Reading through all your comments, it's obvious that your main reason is :

--> TO PUNISH OBAMA !!!

I am sorry to be disrespectful, but irrespective of how much you dislike Obama and want to get your own back on him for not choosing Hillary as his VP or anything else ...
    ... don't y'all think it would be better for yourself to choose what happens to you in the next years in terms of the money you'll have in your pockets, the healthcare you'll receive, as well as personal freedom and the right to privacy you gradually lost after 9/11 (patriot act, etc.) ? Why don't you choose based on issues and on what direction your country will go ? Do you really think that's less important than punishing one single person ? And by the way ... what for ? He has to choose somebody he feels he can work well together with. It's a bit like a marriage. Do you want to force somebody to marry someone he or she doesn't feel comfortable with? You wouldn't want this yourself either.

August 23, 2008 02:29 am at 2:29 am |
  9. MIKE J

Clintonistas ban together...Hillary wasn't given the a chance...I'm not supporting NObama...Vote McCain!

August 23, 2008 02:30 am at 2:30 am |
  10. MIKE J

Join me in a write in for Hillary!...Clintonistas!

August 23, 2008 02:31 am at 2:31 am |
  11. Michael

Obama people are so blind in their thinking that Obama can do no wrong that they are actually thrilled that he just picked a VP that has said many times that Obama is not ready to be President.
    Obama wasn't going to go negative, but McCain suckered him in. So the wimpy Obama decided he needed an attack dog. So he picks a McCain like old white guy who has been in Washington longer than anyone can remember. McCain can now throw Obama's change mantra right back in his face. And his own VP will provide for McCain a wealth of his own personal sound bites saying Obama is not ready to be President.
    Hillary would have united the party. Biden just provides fuel for the McCain campaign. Sure, Biden will go on the attack. But it all can be thrown back in Obama's face.

August 23, 2008 02:31 am at 2:31 am |
  12. tammy

Obama has messed up. You will see this in the new polls that will now show less undecideds. I wasn't going to vote. Now I will be voting for McCain just so I am heard very loud and clear!

August 23, 2008 02:32 am at 2:32 am |
  13. james

wow, the PUMA people are like a cult. They REALLY worship Hillary.
    It seems in their minds that ONLY she can be president, else screw the world.

Jeeze, drop your messia worship

August 23, 2008 02:33 am at 2:33 am |
  14. romaniac

Nobama just lost ... by 15% points!!!
    Re-defeat communism in '08. Moderate democrats unite. McCain in 08

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  15. Frank, California

Biden is a great choice.
    PUMA put up with or "shut the hell up" and join the idiotic right wing crowd and vote republican.
    It doesn't matter in the end; Obama is the next president. Not just for the sake of winning, but for the greatness of the United states of America. I am sure 4 years from now, you will all regret or lie about the fact that you didn't vote for Obama.
    OBAMA/BIDEN 08,12

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  16. John

It's funny how you guys mock Hillary supporters with Messiah label when you guys drink anything Obama serves.

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  17. ariel

I'm crushed it's not Hillary. We are screwed. We are screwed. Hillary would've been the best choice. I'm nauseous!

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  18. Stevo

Any idea which party controls the 10 poorest cities in the US?

Answer: Dems. – So much for being the standard bearer of the poor!

August 23, 2008 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  19. McCAIN=BUSH=DISASTER CONTINUES

All this Hillary nonsense is laughable. Are these people REALLY so naive and pompous that their love for her over rides love of COUNTRY? NO! It's Republicans hiding behind PUMA. It's a GOP funded group...wolf in sheeps clothing. I don't buy it for a second. Give up SUPREME COURT positions out of SPITE??? Some American you are.

August 23, 2008 02:35 am at 2:35 am |
  20. If You Want More Pain, Vote John McCain

IF YOU WANT MORE PAIN, VOTE JOHN McCAIN. OTHERWISE, STOP THE DRAMA AND VOTE FOR OBAMA!!!

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!!!

August 23, 2008 02:35 am at 2:35 am |
  21. Saddened Lifelong Democrat

We Hillary supporters thought the Obama campaign would at least offer her the VP spot. Well let's do the math here. Obama plus Hillary was a 36 million vote headstart and a short route to the White House. Now it's 18 million trying to come up with 55 million likely needed votes to get to the White House. Good Luck on getting those 37 million votes. More than that Good Luck on getting the electoral votes. This is a mess now for us Democrats. This just poured more salt in the wounds instead of unifying the party. I have voted Democrat in all five previous elections, but will sit this one out.

August 23, 2008 02:36 am at 2:36 am |
  22. jennifer

I think that this is the last nail in Obama's coffin so to speak! He has been pimping Hillary Clinton supporters by pretending to consider Hillary when he knew that he would never pick her. I am a black woman who will not vote for Obama but will for the first time vote Republican. This was so stupid and such a slap in the face of women that I feel that by the end of this week that he will be down 10 points because women are the number one voters in the democratic party and just like myself and my female friends most of us will see this as the biggest democratic mistake of all and Obama will join the other list of democratic losers!

Mccain '08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 23, 2008 02:36 am at 2:36 am |
  23. LARRY

Should choose Hillary,Now he is going to loose.

August 23, 2008 02:36 am at 2:36 am |
  24. Mr. Williams

I'm satisfied with Biden, However I have a message for Puma people. blacks have always supported the democratic party. If Puma spits the Democratic Party in Nov. Blacks will never vote for Clinton in 2012, or any other year. So Puma People please fall in line. Blacks put Bill Clinton in office. Get over it puma.. Its over!!!!!!

August 23, 2008 02:38 am at 2:38 am |
  25. mc same

some of u worship Hillary the way suicide cult leaders worshipped David Kerrish, and the way republicans worship Reagan.

Don't cut off your noses to spite your face.

August 23, 2008 02:38 am at 2:38 am |