August 23rd, 2008

Sources tell CNN: Obama names Biden as Dem VP

(CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate on the Democratic ticket for the White House, three Democratic sources told CNN.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Michelle

Biden was my first choice for President so I am totally happy :-)

August 23, 2008 03:10 am at 3:10 am |
  2. John Smith

Why is it that NO ONE, not a single Hillary active supporter is talking about the *excess* baggage that BILL (Monica revived etc..) and Hillary will bring BACK to the democratic party!!!

Folks, this is about the party. The Clintons have had their share, and because of them, Al Gore and Kerry lost all previous elections.

With Hillary on the ticket, even DEAD REPUBLICANS will rise from the grave to vote for things to get only worse in McSame!

August 23, 2008 03:10 am at 3:10 am |
  3. Lou

Let's just give him the job already! The whole world seems to think he' gonna be the president, so why have the election. We should just crown him king right now. Please tell me what I am missing. I just can't see what is so appealing about him. A VERY liberal elitist is what I see and hear when he is talking.

August 23, 2008 03:12 am at 3:12 am |
  4. hmm

not impressed. I mean I'd never vote for a republican, but I'm worried now there is no way we can win. :/

August 23, 2008 03:12 am at 3:12 am |
  5. Canuck

As a Canadian looking in I find it amazing that no one has ever mentioned that Obama is constantly being referred to as a "black man". Last time I checked, he is "bi-racial", having a white mother and black father. Has Obama forgotten his white roots? Was he not raised by his white grandparents? I think alot of white people do not like him because he has abandoned his white roots. Would it not be better to campaign as the first "bi-racial" president rather than simply "black" president. With his choice of running mate and lack of reference to his roots, Obama has committed political suicide.... Just observing from across the border.

August 23, 2008 03:13 am at 3:13 am |
  6. Moe, NY

Way to go Obama....excellent choice! Biden, with all his experience will bring nothing but excellence to your Presidnecy.....once again, way to go! Besides, with all the YES people around you, Biden is an excellent choice because he will not YES anyone...he tells it like it is!

August 23, 2008 03:13 am at 3:13 am |
  7. Not This Time

Checkmate. This election just got more interesting. Bring it on Repubs.

August 23, 2008 03:14 am at 3:14 am |
  8. Michelle

Deb in Texas good can you go on McCains blog or better yet send him some money ? And while your checkbook is out could ya pay something for Hillary's insane debt ? YOU HAVE HER EGO TO THANK FOR IT .. cause we are NEVER PAYING FOR PENN

August 23, 2008 03:14 am at 3:14 am |
  9. Adam Mundwarf

I Honestly think that Biden was the Best VP choice, Think about it. Here is Barack he is young, smart, and has great Ideas. Then here is Biden, Been involved with politics for many years, and knows how the cookie crumbles....so we got a Great ticket!

And for you Angry people waiting for a Text message, or an email....before you blow up and say it was a "SCAM!!! " Take a sec and think about how many emails and text messages needed to be sent. Come on use your Brain.

August 23, 2008 03:15 am at 3:15 am |
  10. Jack Green

Does anyone actually believe that these supossed Clinton supporters are real? Its patently obvious that they are Republican trolls trying to reopen the wounds left from the primaries and gin up support for McCain anyway they can.

Nice try, but extremely pathetic.

Now if anyone is actually stupid enough to vote for McCain simply because of who Obama picked as VP? Then I guess you'll get what you deserve.

August 23, 2008 03:16 am at 3:16 am |
  11. Rene

Oh so now Obama/Biden how about McCain/Hillary. that will be a perfect combination most experience and devotion. Wow hello republican you will get my vote

August 23, 2008 03:16 am at 3:16 am |
  12. eric

hey cnn..how about posting my comment submitted at 2:57 am..tks

August 23, 2008 03:16 am at 3:16 am |
  13. sore & loser

Spare me the crap. You people would whine if he HAD chose Hillary saying SHE WAS HIS BIGGEST CRITIC. NO WAY?!? Her a critic? She had to try and get dirty and still lost? GET OVER YOURSELVES.

GO POUT. GO VOTE MCCAIN. AND IF BARACK LOSES YOU WILL BE THE PEOPLE WHOSE FACES I SPIT IN WHEN MY CHILD IS FORCED INTO A MILITARY DRAFT.

PUMA IS A CROCK. 60 people at PUMA CONFERENCE 08. GO TEAM.

lolololol

OBAMA – BIDEN – Change. Hope. Experience. Tomorrow!

August 23, 2008 03:17 am at 3:17 am |
  14. Carolyn

Hey Hillary supporters and Pumas, get yourselves another blog to post on. We're tired of it. Vote for whoever you want. Just get out of our live and get one of your own.

August 23, 2008 03:17 am at 3:17 am |
  15. QG

EVERYONE LISTEN.... All of the comments about Dems jumping ship and voting for McCain are B.S. These are republicans posing as democrats trying to confuse us and desperate since the story about McCain making up ground seems to not be accurate. DONT FALL FOR THIS TRICK!

August 23, 2008 03:18 am at 3:18 am |
  16. Shawn

I know that some HRC supporters are saying they are going to vote for McCain now or not going to vote at all??

1) If McCain stands for what you believe in, then go ahead
    2) If not going to the vote booth and exercising your right to is okay with you, then go ahead.

I know that HRC got 18 million votes and is due a certain amount of respect because of that an what she achieved as a woman – yet are Richardson, Edwards,Dodd supporters not due any respect because they were man?

And some who say that Biden voted for the war and BO shouldn't had chosen him because of that – HRC and Bayd did as well...

August 23, 2008 03:19 am at 3:19 am |
  17. joe

TO ALL PUMAS..be kind enough to help hillary sttle her debths then you came back and talks...you cant have a running mate so indebthed and so negative in her campaign, get over it

August 23, 2008 03:19 am at 3:19 am |
  18. Oneof18Million

they're saying obama didnt even seriously consider hillary for the vp slot, well OBAMA, im also not considering you as the next President. WOULD RATHER HAVE MCCAIN THAN OBAMA!

August 23, 2008 03:20 am at 3:20 am |
  19. Peter (CA)

This is a great choice and what we need. Now we won't hear the whining about "no experience". No, I'll take that back, the right wingers will continue to whine about this and everything else.

Are the Republicans going to run McCain/Romney? Two multi-millionaire elitists completely out of touch with the average American?

Obama/Biden–the only choice to reclaim America

August 23, 2008 03:20 am at 3:20 am |
  20. Oneof18Million

MCCAIN 2008, Hillary 2012!!! Hillary, should just skip the convention...

August 23, 2008 03:21 am at 3:21 am |
  21. leavellwd

OK how old are some of you here, your acting like 3 year olds saying "he didn't choose Hillary so I'm not going to vote for him, and instead vote for McCain."

So let me get this straight, your not happy with the way this country is being run so you back a democrat "Hillary" and she loses the primaries, then Obama doesn't choose her as a running mate, so instead of making a change in this country you would rather vote for a Bush clone. That is just stupid thinking.

I have said this before and will again, "the biggest enemy Obama has in this election is Hillary."

Obama 08

August 23, 2008 03:21 am at 3:21 am |
  22. Nevada dude

1. you HRC fans get over it: Biden is FAR more qualified for office than hillary. 30 years in the senate, head of foreign relations committee vs. first lady and 1 senate term. its a no brainer.

2. this just defused the no experience bombs McLame has been tossing– Biden has been a senator longer than he has AND can remember where he lives.

3. McLame has been trying to induce anger out of Obama so he could stick an "Angry Black Man" label on him, now Biden can be Obamas attack dog–one who is smarter, faster and tougher than McLame

August 23, 2008 03:22 am at 3:22 am |
  23. Johnathan Miller, Moultrie, GA

The Democratic Party has lost my vote. I didn't want to vote for Obama anyway, but had planned on it on principle. That is, until his selection of Joe Biden sealed the deal. I guess that makes me undecided at the moment, other than ANTI Obama/Biden.

August 23, 2008 03:24 am at 3:24 am |
  24. Young Republican

Man, you so-called Dems who're jumping ship and voting for McCain instead of Obama or not just sick, you're unpatriotic. How dare you wish another four years of the same on our great nation. Shame on you.

I like McCain, but he isn't very wise, nor is he presidential. Sort of like Bush.

August 23, 2008 03:25 am at 3:25 am |
  25. Jimj

Obama, why run against the wind?

Hillary, Hillary, Hillarey!!!