August 23rd, 2008

Sources tell CNN: Obama names Biden as Dem VP

(CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate on the Democratic ticket for the White House, three Democratic sources told CNN.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. No to McWar

Those Pumas were/are /are/ were Republicans they are just continuing to print all this BS hoping to make Obama look bad .
    Obama and Biden will be our next President and VP

If their children are draft age they can see what the McBush agenda looks like and if you believe McWar is not another Mc Bush just you wait all the old geezer wants, talks about is WAR ,SURGEand unable to count the houses they own thats elementary .
    I wonder if he remembers where he took off his shoes ?? or if he has already used his Viagara for today a double nip might make him wish he was back at the Buffalo Chips come as you are party but lasting 4 hours wouldn't be adequate time to get to the party .

August 23, 2008 03:27 am at 3:27 am |
  2. common sense

Ron, and all those very silly crazy anti- obama folks. Get over it or move to Canada. Obama/Biden

August 23, 2008 03:30 am at 3:30 am |
  3. Proud Union Democrat

PUMA's aren't true Hillary Democrats. True Hillary Democrats care more about the well being of the country than seeking revenge. True Hillary Democrats realize that Hillary's campaign was about spreading a truly progressive message, and not just about simply electing Hillary.

Obama/Biden 2008!!!

Hillary 2016!!!!

August 23, 2008 03:32 am at 3:32 am |
  4. FAK HITLERY

Thank GOD it is not HITLERY! However, I have this inevitable feeling that Hitlery will TAKE the Nomination AWAY from Obama at the Convention and pick another female Hillary like politician to be VP.

ABC- ANYBODY BUT CLINTON!

August 23, 2008 03:34 am at 3:34 am |
  5. To little to late!

First you promise change-then you pick a Vp like Biden-just goes to show you what Obama is reallly made of. LIES!!!

August 23, 2008 03:36 am at 3:36 am |
  6. Laird in Austin, TX

{Moderator – this is a correction to the post i just submitted. I accidently clicked send before proof reading it.}

It truly saddens me that so many Hillary supporters are harboring such animosity toward Obama. Early in the primaries, I was tossed up between Obama and Clinton (after my candidate Bill Richardson left the race) because they were so similar on the issues. Honestly, their differences on the issues were very subtle.

As the primaries unfolded, it started to become clear to me that the difference between them was character and integrity.

The Clintons were very hateful and divisive, and what bothered me most was the way Hillary padded her resume and diminished Obama's. Hillary does have slightly more experience than Obama, but truly saying that everything she has done in the 35 years since she left college has prepared her for the presidency is such a stretch. Obama may have been in the senate for only a short time, but the type of work he has done since he left college seems to be right on track with what the country needs right now. And then the sniper fire lie just made me think "wow, lying comes so naturally to her that she even embellishes something like this which doesn't even matter. How can I trust her to tell the truth about important issues?'

Listen, I enjoyed the Bill Clinton years, and I thought he was a good president. But Hillary is not bill, and the times are changing. Obama is what we need right now. And again, it is his integrity and character which impresses me above all else.

If you got all of your information from Hillary and that is the basis for what you believe about Obama, then it is seriously time for a fact check Why don't you look into him yoursef?

I'll leave you with this thought: Mark Twain once said "Anger is an acid which does more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured". This country is at a critical juncture. Please put aside your hurt feelings and think this through. What would Hillary do? Oh, that's right, she's voting for Obama.

August 23, 2008 03:37 am at 3:37 am |
  7. sandra-california

THE ONLY LAME ONE IS NOBAMA! HE NEEDS BIDEN TO FILL IN HIS HUGE GAP OF INEXEPERIENCE AND LACK OF JUDGEMENT AND LACK OF COURAGE TO STAND UP TO MCCAIN AND HE WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT MAYBE IT SHOULD BE BIDEN/OBAMA 08, HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! IN THE SADDLEBACK FOURM NOBAMA WAS NOT FAST OR SMART OR TOUGH AT ALL AND HIS A YOUNG GUY !!! WUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! MCCAIN READY TO LEAD!!

August 23, 2008 03:37 am at 3:37 am |
  8. jess

omg Hillary does not compare to biden you kidding me!!! Please she was the wife of Clinton and that's why she was in the white house that doesnt make her experienced enough ... Hillary was not strong enough she even complaint about debates LOL !! Biden great choice!! I got the text at 3:20 am thank god I washy a CNN hugged otherwise the surprise would of been ruined.

August 23, 2008 03:39 am at 3:39 am |
  9. Thomas T.

This is a great pick for the country!
    But: Now we have to intellectual constitution law professors on the ticket. And the sad truth is, that a government can´t be much better than the people, and I fear that there are more truth-over-facts-christie-flag-pin-pledge-of-allegiance-god-bless-america-pals
    than people who are tough enough to understand what´s necessary to put our lovely country out of the mess. I think usually every country gets the leader it deserves. That´s really bad for Obama. I hope I'm totally wrong!
    Thomas from Cincinnati, OH

-by the way: dear Hillary supporters: If she wants Obama will give her every secretary post she wants and she can do much more for the country this way than beeing VP. For a VP she really got to nasty in the primaries. That's not his fault. In spite of this, a appreciate her totally like nearly all Obama people also do. So don't be so dumb like the people that wasted our country and Hillary fights again. Unite for the well-beeing of this country!

August 23, 2008 03:39 am at 3:39 am |
  10. Camille

It's sad to think of what a selfish country we lived in. Every day when we go to work and deal with our friends, we think that people are willing to lay down their own interests for the good of all. To all of those who are holding onto Hillary, I feel for you, but you are wrong. Your decisions are made of anger and spite and from this, no good will come. I never thought I would see so much hatred in this country. How could someone put a person before the issues? Your child may not die in Iraq, Iran, or even Russia, but someone else's will. You may not die or endure sickness due to lack of proper health care, but some poor person will. You may not lose your house, but thousands are every day now. And perhaps you can survive 4 more years of the same, but there are those of use who cannot. So, tell me, would you rather have it that way because "your person" lost? I am truly, truly saddened by this. Life is progressing, and one day we will have a woman president but this was not the time. Yes, she got 18 mil but so did Obama get 18 mil. So, you have to be real with yourself. It's not b/c you feel he or the DNC stole the election. You realize how close it was. It is anger and hatred. Be honest with yourself. And when you do, please, stop, pause, be quiet, pray, meditate – whatever you do. Forgive what you perceive to be the "wrongs" against you. Get out, take a walk, look at random children on the street. What do you want for them? Be honest. Then, ask God, ask yourself how we can truly heal our party and this nation. Only then will all of the strife end and true change and hope begin. May God Bless America.

August 23, 2008 03:40 am at 3:40 am |
  11. Oil Worker

I have some hard-hitting questions that Clinton supporters should ask themselves:

1. Would there be this much spite if John Edwards was the presumptive nominee?

2. What were John Edwards qualifications in comparison to Hillary Clinton?

3. Why did she have to loan her campaign 13 million dollars of her own money when she was the front runner?

4. If she's more appealing to rural voters why did she lose Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho?

5. Why did she agree on the primary dates when they were set 3 years ago, sign a contract agreeing to abide by the DNC's rules, and then try to change the rules when it became obvious she was losing?

6. Only one of the past five President's (George H.W. Bush) had documented foerign relations and policy experience prior to being elected, where's Hillary's?

7. Why are you blaming Obama for her debt which he cannot legal wipeout, and why doesn't she transfer her debt to her Senatorial campaign which she is allowed to do so she can continue fundraising?

8. Have any of you Hillary accolytes actually read the DNC's campaign rules and bylaws?

9. How is it that being Govenor of one of the least populous states in the southern US for 10 years, and having a law degree from an Ivy League school is sufficient qualification for the presidency, or being thereof is sufficient; but being a state senator and the US Senator with the same degree not qualified?

10. Is the thought of an educated, articulate, talented, respected, and charismatic African-Caucasian American as President that frightening?

August 23, 2008 03:40 am at 3:40 am |
  12. Sergio

No comment. I need more time to swallow. I had supprted Hillary but now I want it to "Rain McAin". Good luck Obama! -former bitter democrat

August 23, 2008 03:40 am at 3:40 am |
  13. Agnes

How can an informed decision be made? Sen Obama simply is not experienced and has many unresolved questions about his past. Local community outreach and state senatorial voting record of present are not enough to say he is experienced. And, as the chairman of the Subcommittee on European Affairs with jurisdiction over NATO’s operations, he hasn’t called a meeting in the two years as it’s chair.
    “From CNN: But Biden, conveniently the Chairman of the full Senate Foreign Relations Committee, hit back at DeMint Thursday, writing in a letter to him that NATO's mission in Afghanistan has been dealt with at the full committee level. "Under my chairmanship the Foreign Relations Committee has addressed most Afghanistan issues at the Full Committee level," Biden wrote. "I believe that this is the best way of ensuring the most comprehensive examination of the complex issues involved, and of ensuring the highest-level Administration participation."”
    Little to no experience here. Even Biden seems to doubt Sen Obama’s executive abilities.

August 23, 2008 03:44 am at 3:44 am |
  14. Sammy

McCain 2008 / Hillary 2012?

Who says McCain wont win a second term? If Bush can do it in the middle of an unpopular war so can McCain. That would mean McCain 2008 / Hillary 2016. Wanna keep another republican in the white house for 8 more years? I think not and democrats will vote their party.

August 23, 2008 03:44 am at 3:44 am |
  15. Bob

Hello: John King was promising a story "just ahead" about George Obama. What the heck was that a signal to Axlerod to "let me break the Biden story or I'm going ahead with the brother story"?

If not, what happend to the story about George Obama? You guys are busted. I'm going where journalists at least try to be ethical. You guys are frauds.

August 23, 2008 03:46 am at 3:46 am |
  16. who wants a whiner?

THANK God it's NOT Hillary!!! With her tag-along dog and pony show, Bill the Brat.

August 23, 2008 03:50 am at 3:50 am |
  17. V from London

I fail to see how one can support McCain and then call Obama boring.

If boring means giving you the inspiration to get up and actually do something rather than falling asleep in your chair then this country has more problems then I thought.

The country get much worse, those uneducated few that are switching to McCain BASED ON A VP PICK!!! are unbelievable.

Get Informed, Get Educated, and Don't Screw the rest of the country because of your vandetta

August 23, 2008 03:50 am at 3:50 am |
  18. brad busby

I have been a Democrat for 30 years (since i was 18 years old) what a poor selection, go Hillary in 4 years because he will loose Biden looks like McCain and the Republicans know how to pull it out looks like an Independant vote for me Obama you are all words and no action we need the Clinton's back and the Kennedy's out Caroline has no idea what politics is about but she chose his running mate, go home gurl Hillary for 2012

August 23, 2008 03:50 am at 3:50 am |
  19. JANE

Hillary supporters it is time to get over it,and move on.She lost months ago.GET OVER IT.
    I was a strong supporter of Bill Clinton.I would vote for him again,if he could run for President.I still believe he was the best President in my lifetime.He was great on turning the economy around,but Hillary is not Bill.She ran a racist campaign.She attracted racist people.She does not deserve to be VP.
    I think it is anticipated that Hillary's racist supporters will vote for McCain.You never would have voted for Obama anyway.Get over it!

August 23, 2008 03:55 am at 3:55 am |
  20. sandra-california

FINALLY HOPE AND CHANGE AND REAL LEADERSHIP AND JUDGEMENT WISDOM AND READY 2 LEAD MCCAIN 08!!!!

August 23, 2008 03:59 am at 3:59 am |
  21. Mile Hi Man

Yea, i too was wanting txt....guess he lied to all of us. MSNBC broke the story hrs ago

August 23, 2008 03:59 am at 3:59 am |
  22. Kittyluv

In reply to some of the post above. First off all of you whinning about your kids being drafted, if you yourself would have served your country instead of having people like me doing it for you, you would then know Obama is the one that will put your sweet security at stake. I actually fought for your right to mouth off on this board. Second I am a Puma and switched my party affiliation when I became disinfranchized by the Democratic party, So if truly beleive what your saying then maybe you should take a second look at your selectee because his left liberal leaning policies will eventually lead to communisim then whine to me about your poor babies having to serve in the military it won't be by choice then. If all you can complain about is not getting the text message first that definately shows your maturity level when it comes to picking a president. Think what you want about us puma.....People united means action.......and guess what you will see the action come November, Hillary or no Hillary the DNC will sink....Go! Mccain

August 23, 2008 04:02 am at 4:02 am |
  23. Bob

OBAMA IS DONE.

HE HAS DISRESPECTED THE BEST CANDIDATE OUR COUNTRY HAS SEEN IN YEARS, SINCE HER GREAT HUSBAND BILL. OBAMA HAS RUINED OUR DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

DON'T LET HIM RUIN OUR COUNTRY. HE IS BAD BAD NEWS. I TRUST A WORD HE SAYS, HE IS NASTY AND NEGATIVE AND PLAYS THE RACE CARD AND HAS USED HILLARY IN A DISGUSTING WAY.

August 23, 2008 04:04 am at 4:04 am |
  24. Oh!bama/Biden '08

It's a wonderful thing!

August 23, 2008 04:11 am at 4:11 am |
  25. Cindy

Awwwwwww.... they said I would be the first to know!!!!! I just got my text msg just now....

Curses CNN... you scooped us!

August 23, 2008 04:11 am at 4:11 am |