August 23rd, 2008

Sources tell CNN: Obama names Biden as Dem VP

(CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate on the Democratic ticket for the White House, three Democratic sources told CNN.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Lawton

Great decision

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  2. Dan, TX

Actually, he hasn't named Biden yet. It is pretty clear that he will, but Obama hasn't said this. Name the sources.

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  3. Matthew

Obama just lost the election!

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  4. semp

Lewis Black ... that would be a HOOT!

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  5. Ken

no surprise after all. I would like to see how things goes in convention and Clinton supporters will react.. new polls will tell all..

Now McCain should select someone more conservative like Jindal or Romney (not so much) but not the pro ones..

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  6. Jason from Tucson

I like Biden better than I like Obama. He has good foreign policy experience. Too bad he isn't the Democratic PRESIDENTIAL nominee, and not running mate. Still voting for McCain.

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  7. Gerrie

Another 4 years of a Republican White House and $5 a gallon gas by next summer.

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  8. Jeremy-Columbus, OH

Big mistake Obama, in my opinion. All this anticipation for Biden???????? What a waste of energy really, on the part of many who were waiting for someone to energize democrats. Congrats McCain you just won this election, democrats might as well realize this now.

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  9. American

To all Hillary supporters……………

Just remember in 2016 when and if Hillary wants to run she WILL need Obamas 18 million voters to help her win …………….

So be Very careful of what you wish for......One hand washes the other.

Democrats lets unite and get that IDIOT BUSH out of the White House!

Obama/Biden '08!

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  10. McDrafter under the bus

Happy day, happy day, happy day .

Absolutely just what we were looking/hoping for .

Welcom aboard Joe Biden

Obama we old love you and you are "the ONE" they got that right its nice they reminded up .Thanks McFor the draft

August 23, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  11. Leaving

With all due respect, Senators, I'll be leaving the party.

He said he wasn't ready for the presidency.

But he'll be his running mate?

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  12. maximous

He will be behind in the polls by ten points by a week from today.

Have the geniuses figured out that the "text message" ploy was simply to collect their phone numbers to beg for money? LOL.

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  13. HILLARY IS THE BEST

Obama/Biden = The Poser and The plagiarist

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  14. more aware

This is why people HATE The media ... I was looking for the the text and email ... I would have still tuned in to CNN ... CNN you're jerks

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  15. Wanda an Obama Supporter from MO

Yes, here we come. It's on and poppin! White House here we come. Yes, we can. Yes, we can. Yes, we can. Yes, we can.
    OBAMA/BIDEN 08, 12 What a wonderful ticket. I predicted it. Congrats! Let's party at the DNC next week.

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  16. Harold

This is the greatest thing ever. We Win!!!!

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  17. Rodney D ~ Texas

Hooray!

Doesn't Barry know that he cannot win the White House without carrying the South?

He stands virtually no chance with Biden, another northern liberal democrat, on the ticket.

What a buffoon.

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  18. Indiana Bob

Great!! As a lifelong Democrat, I know of a few skeletons in Biden's closet. Maybe he will help bring down The Obama and the hate-filled radicals who hi-jacked the Democratic Party. I will be doing my part. And for the Obamabots who keep insisting that PUMA Democrats pay down Hillary's debt. We can pay it down after the election. Right now our money is better spent supporting McCain. I am not bitter about Hillary losing. I am bitter about how Obama won. Obama and his cult must be stopped before they goose-step their way to the white house. That didn't work so well in Germany.

PUMA - Vote McCain

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  19. sia

Tom Daschle

August 23, 2008 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  20. WOW - Cedar Hill, TX

Great news!!!! This is one house that is for obama!!!!

August 23, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  21. Sean

Biden is the best man for the job just look at his record.

August 23, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  22. Anonymous

great decision barak! you guys "will be" the all time" best" team` in our countrys history!

August 23, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  23. Allen Richards

I'll believe it when I get the text message. But I will laugh my head off if it turns out to be someone that the media wasn't even talking about. I honestly doubt CNN has really confirmed this, and is probably just "narrowing it down" because the other two guys are supposedly out of the running.

August 23, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  24. Ray

Congrads to Biden. He is a good pick. He has a lot of experience, can debate effectively off of the teleprompter, and he has a lot of spirit. He fills in some of Obama's gaps pretty well. They will be hard to beat.

August 23, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  25. Lawton

I'm glad Obama made his decision based on who would truly be his best VP and bring the most to the table, instead of making a poll-based decision in order to appease all these PUMAs.

August 23, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |