August 23rd, 2008

Sources tell CNN: Obama names Biden as Dem VP

(CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate on the Democratic ticket for the White House, three Democratic sources told CNN.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. What?!

Biden? He's one of the biggest Wishington insiders of the democratic party, what happened to Obama's message of change?

I think Obama just lost my vote

August 23, 2008 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  2. Anonymous

He will not win! He should have put Hillary on the ticket!Go Hillary!!!

August 23, 2008 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  3. kool

great going...no hillary!

August 23, 2008 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  4. Michigan Voter !!!

This Will Be The Death Of The Democratic Party , This Democrat Is Joining The Surge Of Democrats Over To The Republican Party !!!

President John McCain 2008 !!!

August 23, 2008 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  5. chris

with Hillary, obama could have had a chance........now, he cannot win in November....

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  6. Robert in Albuquerque

SO much for that message of CHANGE and Washinton is broken. He picks a senator that was elected waaaaay backkkk in 1972. Obama, you broke your promise before even getting into the White House. You've lost my vote.

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  7. Carl from MI

Yeah, Team Obama!!! Hurray for the GOOD GUYS!!

Sen. Biden is a great American, brings a lot of experience to the position, and won't take anything from the Republican Slime Machine.

WAKE UP, AMERICA... LET FREEDOM RING!!! IT WILL SOON BE INDEPENDANCE DAY FROM THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION AND THE START OF A NEW ERA FOR THE USA. GOD BLESS US, EVERYONE!!

VOTE SMART... NOT SENILE!!!!

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  8. Hallais

Senator Obama just lost mine and another 9 milions votes ...

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  9. Max

Whiners can complain all they want while they cry nearby their cell phones. Good job on getting the scoop on this story.

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  10. Robledon

Those who don't support Obama at this stage are secretly working with the Republicans. Don't let them confuse you.

If they don't give their names, and addresses you must suspect them. Now they want to find fault with Biden. Tell them go to hell, no one is perfect.

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  11. Writing in Hillary on November Ballot

Plagiarism......that is Biden's middle name.

I think Obama just gave McCain the presidency.

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  12. Tim

At least it's not Sharpton or Jackson.

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  13. Tiffany

If that's true, that's pretty lame that Obama didn't follow through to keep his commitment to text people. As a younger voter, that wanted Hillary for VP, I've waited to see him keep commitments to her supporters and work towards earning our votes. He really wasted my time with all the hype. Not cool.

August 23, 2008 01:05 am at 1:05 am |
  14. Trang, Fremont, CA

All right. Good choice. Now, I am excited again. He was my 2nd choice.

Both tells the truth, what's on their mind. One is experienced, who knows the inside ropes of Washington, the other is young, full of hope and energy to inspire a new generation of Americans, who is ready to pitch in and turn this country around. That's why his supporters are enthusiastic and willing to make the contributions and sacrifices.

15. greg

Excellent judgement; I was worried Obama would blow it. WOW now look out Johnny Sydney McCain. Biden will have the dual position of secretary of State

16. Jessie Mae

To Allen who wrote:

WRITE in HILLARY…
    I WILLNOT VOTE Obama
    1st time not voting for a democrate since 1981.
    I would rather have 8 more years of Bush than 4 years of Obama

Get it over it. Clinton lost buddy! Please let it go and stop being a sore loser! You go on and vote for McBush! You weren't a true democrat in 1981 and neither are you now!!!!!

17. Brian from Michigan

Great pick Barack.
    As for all these Hillary whiners. 1/4 are sour grape losers, go ahead and vote for McSame. The other 3/4 are republican trying to create a controversy.

18. Paul

Text message – LOL – what a joke. Kudos to CNN for throwing a monkeywrench in this laughable idea by Obama. I do feel kind of sorry for the guy who is all upset because he wanted the text message – oh well that is what you can expect from Obama – a lot of rhetoric but no successful implementation.

19. V Saxena

Awww man... I'm really disappointed. I support Obama's decision, but I am not happy with it. He has drastically decreased his chance of winning this election. Obama/Hillary would have been the most powerful, unique, and revolutionary presidential team in American history. Sighs... if another Republican wins AGAIN, I'm moving to the Netherlands!

20. Anonymous

I like Biden more than Richardson. And thank god John Edwards is no longer an issue. Ick.

Always a Hillary supporter, but I will listen to Obama. (It may take an act of God to vote for him, but I'll listen.)

Hopefully, some of his supporters will stop the hatred. So tired of it.

21. HILLARY IS THE BEST

So, our ticket is…Obama bin Biden?

22. Tommy

What happened to "text message" will happen to "change" too.

23. matt

Now the dem's have your phone number. They'll be hitting you up for donations until you get it changed. what a scam.

24. Cole

I am voting for McCain

25. Tom

All you Write In Hillary / PUMAs are the dumbest people on the planet.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24