August 23rd, 2008

Sources tell CNN: Obama names Biden as Dem VP

(CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama has selected Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate on the Democratic ticket for the White House, three Democratic sources told CNN.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. KenM

So one who talks of change is no change at all......................

August 23, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  2. willcnnapprovethis?

Obama/Biden 08

August 23, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  3. Chi-town gurl

Yeah!!! Great pick.....Let's get ready for the White House Dems!!!!!

August 23, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  4. MaryJoy

What on earth is wrong with all of you Hillary supporters who will vote for McCain? Hillary is voting for Obama. Do you love Hillary more than your country?

August 23, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  5. Hillary Supporter

i am very dissapointed if that is his pick. I would have rather had hillary or bill richardson as his vp. that is a dumb choice he should have picked someone better. i will still support obama but i am truly dissapointed with his vp choice.

August 23, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  6. solaiman

should be HILLARY.......

August 23, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  7. jason

Good thing is Obama will lose as much as I dislike it a republican will win, and oh! Obama will most likely just fade out. This will be an easy victory for the McBush camp. :-(

August 23, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  8. Cynthia

I could not think of a better pick that Bidden.

August 23, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  9. HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY

LOL The KOS kids are freaking

August 23, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  10. Ted

Biden is the best choice bar none. For the airhead Dems who say they will vote for McCain, be sure you keep your house payments current on hyoujr one house, and don't go on more than 3 days vacation without taking out job insurance. You are a sham to Hillary and to the Democratic party. If you think you are getting even, I would only ask ....with who? The answer is in your mirror.

August 23, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  11. Lisa B.

As a lifelong dem, I will not vote Obama.
    Without Clinton on the ticket, McCain has my vote.

August 23, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  12. Robert W

All HRC supporters are welcome in the Republican fold. Come on over and vote for McCain so that you do not get thrown under the Obama bus like everyone else this year. If Obama does not win in November his political carreer will be over and that is a good thing. Everyone is tired of his message of change, while offering the same empty rhetoric.

McCain '08

August 23, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  13. jane in CA

Those who want to write in Hillary's name, why don't you write her a check instead.

August 23, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  14. more aware

CNN your title is wrong "CNN confirms: Obama Names Biden as DEM VP". Technically, Obama has not named Biden until he officially delivers the speech to America. It may be true that Obama has picked or selected Biden.

August 23, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  15. oh my god

yes... that was my guess from the start... good choice...

it's math...it's not even politics...

he had to choose biden.

August 23, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  16. NOT A HAPPY-CAMPER ... GO McCAIN!!!

the news is in and i'm so happy
    though for a while i was feelin' crappy
    O-bomb-ah this, O-bomb-ah that
    then he goes pull Biden out o' his hat
    It wasn't Hillary? Whatz Bill gonna say?
    Our woman runnin' for Prezident done got away?

Well i ain't a Happy Camper, as you kin tell
    I'm mashin' my words & temper purty well

I coulda gone with O-BOMB-AH
    all the way to LOO-C-ANN-NAAH
    Without Hillary I ain't goin' along
    Without Hillary IT JUST AIN"T RIGHT- it's all wrong...

August 23, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  17. Scott

I like Hillary, but all of you babies that say you will vote for McCain just because she was not offered VP. Short sighted and sad !!!!

August 23, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  18. Oh geez.

I'm an Obama supporter who really did think Clinton was the better choice to bring the party back together.

Before you hate me for it, remember the time before the primaries really got going and we all LOVED the thought of Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama?

I miss that.

August 23, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  19. Liberal4Obama

Yes we can

OBAMA / BIDEN 08

August 23, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  20. Jenny

This could not have worked out any better.

I am proud to say.......

Obama/Biden '08!

August 23, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  21. activist mom

EXCELLENT CHOICE!

OBAMA/BIDEN '08

Nothing else would have been as good. Thank GOD he didnt pick Shrillary. All those puma idiots can go vote for McSame now and we'll lose abortion rights and their grandmas who fought so hard for Roe will roll over in their graves.

August 23, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  22. Slider

R O F L

Thank you, Democrats!

The Republicans won't have to say a word now to win. All they have to do is show Biden's numerous gaffes and this election is over.

Again, thank you Democrats. Now I can plan my financial future accordingly.

August 23, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  23. Lyle

Mr. Biden is a hilarious choice! Now the joke ticket is complete and Mr. Obama has sealed his fate.

Democrats have apparently given up on winning the White House, and have just handed the election to President McCain.

August 23, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  24. sue

Great choice!
    Looks lie a winning team...congrats!

Now your so called PUMAS (who we all know by now are just republicans-kinda like Rush Limp in drag!!).
    So lets the games begin-let them have their fun, but keep our focus at the same time-there is alot of crap that will be tossed around-looks past it...please.

August 23, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  25. ken k

PUMA! Obama is actually ok, but I'm sick of his flock of better than thou worshippers. I never thought I'd say this, but I'll vote Republican just to spite Obama's tribe.

August 23, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |