August 23rd, 2008

Obama-Biden: Reid reacts

(CNN) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid praised the addition of Joe Biden to the Democratic presidential ticket in an issued statement Saturday:

“Joe Biden has been fighting his entire career for the change that Senator Obama champions," Reid said. "He is a dedicated family man who has been an effective Chairman of both the Foreign Affairs and Judiciary Committees, has been a sage voice on many of the toughest foreign policy issues of our time, and has long been a strong advocate for protecting American families and making our communities safer."

Earlier: Reid: 'I can't stand McCain'

(Full statement after the jump)

“Senator Obama has once again demonstrated sound judgment in selecting Senator Biden as his running mate. After eight years of an administration that refuses to level with the American people, President Obama and Vice President Biden will finally give America the real straight talk we need and needed change that we can believe in.”

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Harry Reid • Joe Biden
  1. proud army and navy mom

Well…..I must admit I agree with Biden Obama is not ready to lead and being in the White House is not the time for OJT. Dont get mad at me Biden said Obama was not qualified

August 23, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  2. Crush Rush

Time to push that ejection seat button again John'SONGBIRD"McCain.

August 23, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  3. Southern State

There you have it. When you vote for Obama, you are voting for Biden, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.

Get ready for higher taxes and higer gas prices.

I think the whole thing is a sham, Hillary would have won if Pelosi and Reid had not prematurely interfered.

August 23, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  4. c-span junkie

HEY Harry, nothing for nothing, but the way I see it Obama, needs another Angle to get my vote. That may be synical but that is the truth you dipstick. Experience does repeat DOES make a difference.

ps This ticket should be Biden/Obama ;-)

August 23, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  5. Matt

Oh, how sweet it is to watch inexperience mixed with arrogance at play. As a Mccain supporter, I just love Biden as VP for Obama. "....so senator, you made a strong case against your nominee during the primary that he is just an empty celebrity with little experience and a big slogan, do you now think he's ready to be president? and why?" Joe's 2 possible responses; 1) I lied during the primary in order to win 2) I changed my mind....you know, as in change we can believe in!

Oh how sweet it is to be Mccain right now.

August 23, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  6. tired of wash.insiders.

reid is no better than biden or mccain.they are all like the WWF of geriatric wrestling.so disappointed in my 'change' candidate.

August 23, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  7. Trannon

GOBAMA/BIDEN '08!

McStain the Mummy and Ken Doll Romney are going down.

August 23, 2008 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  8. Edgar, Florida

Excited you just made the PUMA movement grow even bigger then what it is.

August 23, 2008 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  9. Jim - Lone Star State

I like Joe Biden but not enough to vote for Obama. It will be McCain for me

August 23, 2008 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  10. stacy

The lion (Biden) and the lamb (Obama).

August 23, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  11. vic nashville,Tn

I am proud of Reid
    He know his party made bad investment even though he is happy

Hillary 2012 / Mc Cain 2008

August 23, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  12. Erika, KS

I can't stand Reid. I can't stand Obama. Biden is oki. but he's not change.

August 23, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  13. Jen, Gainesville

Obama/Biden is the dream team. I can not stand the McCain in 2008, though I liked the McCain in 2000. The McCain in 2000 will not vote for the McCain in 2008.

August 23, 2008 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  14. proud army and navy mom

Will Biden be writing any of his own speeches or will he plagerize them? HAHAHA

August 23, 2008 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  15. Marge

proud army and navy mom August 23rd, 2008 11:05 am ET

______________________________________________________
    Oh PLEASE!!!!! How do YOU know who's ready to lead???? This country has had OJT for the last 8 years!!!!
    BTW Bush called Mc I was a POW! INSANE!!!!! Do you agreev with that too???
    Don't get mad at me, BUSH called him crazy!!!!!

August 23, 2008 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  16. Democrats are losers

Agent of change you say?
    Barack supporters, where is your courage? Do you follow blindly no matter how incompetent Obama shows himself to be?

Do you think about this election objectively at all?
    McCain isn't the best Republican, and Obama isn't the best Democrat.

Its all bad people, and Obama did nothing to sway, women, independent, or moderate democrats.

August 23, 2008 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  17. steve dumford, Scotts valley ca.

Picking Biden with a text message at 3 AM just sunk the arrogant fool. Nice way to unite the party. Just proves that this goofball, done nothing, knows nothing empty suit is all about show and no substance. I am a Hillary supporter and this puts it in the bag for me. I'm voting for McCain.

August 23, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  18. Rose

Who cares what Reid has to say, of course he will stand up for Biden.
    "I can't stand Reid". His accomplishments are a big ZERO.

August 23, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  19. Armageddan is coming soon!!

Well proud army and navy mom, lets see; George Washington had no political experience whatsoever and Abraham Lincoln had as little political experience as Obama. So I guess you wouldn't have voted for them either, right? Its not really experience that is the primary qualification, its wisdom and the ability to use sound logic and reasoning.

Someone that has the ability to access an issue with astuteness and intelligence to make a sound decision is what's needed in the White House right now. It has nothing to do with voting along party affiliations but instead it should be based on one's mental prowess.

So far from what I have seen of McBefuddled, I doubt very seriously if he is capable of using anything resembling a cohesive thought process. You'll see during the debates how inept YOUR boy really is, but you'll still vote for him because you are a bigot. You're not fooling anyone. People like you really don't care about the economy, or the deficit, or unjustified wars, or the loss of innocent lives, or lies about WMD's, or outsourced jobs, or the failing housing market or anything of importance. I LMAO at clowns like you. You are so trite.

BTW, do you have any other sons and daughters you would like to donate to a lying cause, because apparently you don't care being lied to, right?

August 23, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  20. Marc PDX

Kiss of death, isn't it? Getting Reid's approval. He has lower approval ratings that Bush... and that spells D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. It would be more helpful (if that's what Reid was shooting for) to keep his mouth shut.

August 23, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  21. NEVER OBAMA

more of the same............mr.mouth and mr.know-nothing.........biden and obama..........what a joke. Just shows HOW INEXPEREXCED obama feels he really is.

August 23, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  22. NEVER OBAMA

Harry Reed is the most disgusting man alive.

August 23, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  23. jeanette

Vote Smart – Obama-Biden '08!

August 23, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  24. D R

Hey military Mom, we cannot afford to fight other peoples wars anymore! I'm sure your children have served us well, and I'm not taking a thing away from them. But the time has come to bring everyone home. If we must be out of this country in hot spots, it better be Pakistan! This country is broke, our Military is exhausted. You had better vote for someone with enough brains left to think our way through these times, not shoot!

August 23, 2008 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  25. Cecil

To put it frankly, Senator McCain is showing the signs of being too old for the gig, and his recent history of forgetting things (whether simple details like the number of houses he owns, or more complicated facts like Sunni vs. Shia) ought to be the source of some serious panic inside the Republican loop - far more panic, by the way, than is being generated by the prospect of a pro-choice running mate.

Obama/Biden 08