August 24th, 2008

Biden sends video to supporters

Biden introduces himself in a video to supporters in which he heaps praise on Obama and asks for volunteers.

(CNN) – One day after becoming the presumptive Democratic vice presidential nominee, Delaware Senator Joe Biden sent a video message to Barack Obama’s supporters introducing himself — and hinting at his appeal to key voting blocs the Illinois senator has long worked to win over.

“There’s never been anything like it,” Biden says into the camera, seated with an American flag over his shoulder. “This campaign has already accomplished so many amazing things. For one, it’s cut through the old-school partisanship that currently plagues Washington.”

Before briefly summarizing his work in the Senate, Biden first says that he comes from “a big Catholic family with a strong tradition of service.” Obama has had some trouble with Catholic Democrats, most flocked to Hillary Clinton during the primaries.

Biden also touches on his penchant for blunt talk that has landed him in some trouble in the past.

“I know I’m known for speaking my mind, hopefully clearly and strongly,” says Biden seriously, “but I do it on behalf of the middle class.”

He closes by asking people to sign up as volunteers for the campaign.

“My plan quite frankly is to roll up my sleeves and do what you’ve been doing. Make the phone calls, knock on the doors. Talk to new voters and new supporters face to face.”

Though the campaign has already rolled out a new Obama/Biden logo, the video finishes with an “Obama ’08” graphic.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. McCain

The Whitehouse will remain the Whitehouse!

McCain 08
    Grand Ole Party!!!!

No Women or Non-Whites allowed!!!!

August 24, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  2. aware

As I said, arrogance trumps integrity!

I was against Obama before he made me VP, and now I am for him!

Does this sound familiar? Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! :)

Biden/Obama – the losing team!

Obama never! :(

Don't waste your vote! Vote for John McCain 08 and Hillary Clinton 2012! :)

August 24, 2008 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  3. arlene, CA

Welcome Joe Biden. Obama made the right choice. I did get the e-mail and video & also made my donation to the Obama/Biden campaign. A winning team 08-12.

August 24, 2008 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  4. tedious898

So proud of Sen. Obama and his supporters. Even against impossible odds (hated and attacked by so many) you've still reach an amazing point...THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION for President. There will be haters, (PUMA's, Notfallinginline, RNC, McCain campaign, the current administration, and the devote racists)...but stand tall people. The support of people of all colors indicates to the world – The USA has many millions of intelligent people that consider character first.

August 24, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  5. genius

THE AWAKENING HAS BEGUN

August 24, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  6. Democrat for John McCain

Dear Joe, Do you know the background of Barack. Do you know his performance in Illinois legislature? Do you know about his links with Rezko and others? How can you join him as running mater. perhaps you are desperate. You can't be President so you now need VP post. Barack has no experience, no background and nothing. It is tragedy for democratic party.

August 24, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  7. McBush - McLies - McElitist - McWorldWar 3

McCain isn't even slightly prepared for that is going to hit him!

Is sorry and despate POW stories are getting stale and he has nothing more to go on!

Look out, it's coming!

August 24, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  8. Ralph

Joe Biden is a decent man, but Obama is the one running for President. Obama had to add to his very weak resume, he hopes Biden will do the trick. Obama should be way ahead and it it still too close to call. Wonder why? Obama-bots want to claim racism is the cause. If Obama had a resume, I might agree. He doesn't have much of a record to even attack to any degree, where's the beef? I would vote for someone like Colin Powell, who is black. Obama would not get my vote if he were white. Mondale,Dukakis did not get my vote either. The Democrats keep putting nobodies up and expect to win anyway? I will write Hillary on my ballot, as I can't vote for any of the above.

August 24, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  9. tally lazzy

let's go joe. with you and O all the way.

Ob'iden 08

August 24, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  10. Ted:Canada

Biden has been approved by CANADA
    Hillary will lead health care reform.

McCain will try to remember;
    1. which house he is living in
    2. where Pakistan is located on the map
    3. that birth control is for women and cilas is for men
    4. if he can get it up
    5. that the Vietnam war is over
    6. that he should not offer up his wife for top less contests

Repubs – just some humour – have fun with this.

SMILE!!!!

August 24, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  11. Republican for Obama

Go Biden...GO!!! I know Sen. Biden will do his absolute best to get Obama in the White House.

August 24, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  12. Ndalio

He has his own mind and speaks it out.... I like that.

August 24, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  13. Charlotte

Hillary would be hard pressed to fill Obamas' gaps, much less Biden. Obama is the poorest excuse for a candidate since Mondale. I did not vote for Mondale because he was Black? I did not vote for Dukakis because he was Black. I will not vote for Obama because he is Black. I must be a racist..LMAO

August 24, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  14. Karen Kelly

WHAT A TICKET! WHAT PROMISE FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!
    AS A LIFE-LONG 'RECOVERING' REPUBLICAN, I'M THRILLED WITH THE OBAMA/BIDEN TEAM. IF JOE BIDEN IS INDICATIVE OF THE KIND OF DECISION-MAKING BARACK OBAMA WILL OFFER, THEN, 'BRING IT ON'!!! THERE IS HOPE FOR US! OBAMA/BIDEN '08!

August 24, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  15. Ron

RJ CA

I hope the FBI has been checking your disgraceful comment over the past few months

Welcome aboard VP Biden

Go Obama / Biden 08

August 24, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  16. Carol - Litchfield CT

In other words Joe, ......... be a YES man!

August 24, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  17. Jerral

mcsain
    on women and black
    you are a s.o.b who is a racist and woman hater. did your momma leave you for a black man?

August 24, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  18. kyra

YES WE CAN...

OBIDEN 08!!!!

August 24, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  19. Alex

PUMAS you need to learn time zones, they sent out the txt msg 2AM in chicago not 3AM...!!!!

August 24, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  20. Kathryn, Nevada

I am not an Obama Supporter ! I am not a Biden supporter either!
    So, PLEEEEEEEEESE STOP SPAMMING MY E-MAIL!!!!!!!

August 24, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  21. Dan, FL

This is for Greg, FL. Are you obsessed with Obama. It is better if you move to IL or CA. Obama has no experience and he has to grow up. He has no chance here in Florida. Vote John McCain.

August 24, 2008 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  22. Cathy in MD

Senator Biden will make a great VP. Good choice, future President Barack Obama! At long last ... a White House that will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

August 24, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  23. ran

The time is now for we the people are going to get our country back with Obama/Biden leading the way; so all who are ready get on board but unlike the republicans if you don't we will still take you with us (Pumas/Indep/Repub) and let you enjoy the good times with us because that is what a true Democrat is all about: The People.

August 24, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  24. Gloria

no one to vote for: You ARE IGNORANT!!!!!!

August 24, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  25. Delaware

vote Democratic for a real change.

August 24, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |