August 25th, 2008

Rollins: A moment always to remember

For Democrats this is an emotional night; the last chance to honor a man and a family that has been the foundation for much of their lives, their beliefs, and their dreams.

A family that has lived with tragedy but never lost its spirit or its sense of purpose. For every person in the hall or watching, it will be a night they will always remember.

Sen. Kennedy looked strong, not feeble, and spoke as always with a passion. He truly has been a brave and courageous man who inspired others and has been the soul of his party and served for the good of his country - not my party, but my country.

The country, the Senate, and his party were better for his service!

1. Sherry, Atlanta

THANK YOU ED. . .YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

OBAMA/BIDEN '08-'12

August 25, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  2. BO/JOE 08

Senator Kennedy looked absolutely amazing! What a amazing man and family!

August 25, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  3. prairieguy

Thank you for comments ED...unfortunately even some Dems don't have the decency to recognize Ted's service as well as his family. I'm glad to see at least a Republican does!

Joe Jr, John, Bobby and maybe soon Teddy have all given their lives dedicated to the betterment of this country and ALL of its citizens…with their place in life they didn't have to…God Bles them!!!

August 25, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  4. kathygeek

Really gallant of you to acknowledge a respected member of the Democratic party. Your bipartisanship comment is much appreciated!

August 25, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  5. Farrell, Houston, Tx

LET'S WIN THIS ONE FOR TEDDY.

August 25, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  6. Cynthia

Prairieguy – your comments are profound – nothing else to be added by me.

August 25, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  7. Betty

The only smart thing I've ever heard you say. Congratulations.

August 25, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  8. Ray from CA

God Bless Ted, we all should rally behind Obama now.

August 25, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  9. Alice

Am I the only one who shed a tear when Kennedy said he would be here in January?

It doesn't matter what side of the aisle you are on – this is a great man.

August 25, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  10. ekg

The last time to honor him? Do you know something, Ed? Is he going to disappear – but even then he'd still be honored. He's got fight.

August 25, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  11. lil

I agree prairieguy. I needed that.

August 25, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  12. Beth

All I see is CNN covering the convention as usual. Trying to convince America on how to think. If you want to really view the convention their is CSPAN. I actually heard Wolf Blitzer say today that CNN gives the only gavel-to-gavel coverage. Are you kidding?? I admit Soledad O'Brien, who makes no apologies when questioning the Best Political Team outrageous statements. I really tried to watch the convention on CNN, but James Carville, Gergen and most of the CNN team make it impossible. Whatever happened to fair-minded coverage? All I see are bitter commentators (Carville and Gergen) who are losing power if Obama wins and CNN employees with new face makeup and hair styles for the convention. By the way I am a Republican who is voting for Obama.

August 25, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  13. jeanne

I have always admired Ted Kennedy, but unlike him, I can not support O'Bama

August 25, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  14. DocReal

Ted WAS amazing. What a wonderful way to start the climb to the Obama Presidency!

August 25, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  15. brenda mcinnis

God Bless you ,loved your speach. Hope you overcome your illness,our family is praying for you. Take care. Hope to see you in January, this would be wonderful.

August 26, 2008 02:07 am at 2:07 am |