August 25th, 2008

Rollins: Dems have us beat on music

Musician John Legend performs.
Musician John Legend performs.

The Democrats as always have the better music groups and entertainers in their conventions than the Republicans do.

Watch: John Legend sends a message

Clint Eastwood singing just doesn't cut it anymore!!

1. Yes we can!

What a great performer!!!! Lovin' it.

August 25, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  2. Michael Dunn

They have you beat with a lot more than just music! The Republican party is completely bankrupt of ideas, credibility, and anything else you can possibly think of!

August 25, 2008 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  3. Marilyn Black Dussault

Since Senator Obama is bi-racial, why is he referred to as an african-american? Isn't he a bi-racial american? Please tell me this is not racism but rather just an oversight by learned people. If not then perhaps Scott vs. Sanford is alive and well.

August 25, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  4. rachae

I agree KH. It isn't even her convention. But what music does the republicans have. The saddest thing is that people are actually focusing on this and not the failed policies of the republicans. And they are not reporting..............SAD

August 25, 2008 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  5. Mark in Tenn

You can say what you want, The song that Mr. John Legend sung was right on target. I am so fired up right now just watching this DNC opening day I'm lost for words. Nothing the Rep can do anymore could ever change my mind and the Democrats are doing just what we need to do and that is to shut the mouth of those that continue to create doubt in our party. You have to be insane not to except change in these trying times. The speaker of the house is speaking now so I got to go. But before I do I just want to say that I can watch the DNC without the interruption of the so called experts that really do know anything. Sorry CNN I have to call it like I see it.
    "GO DEMOCRATS GO'
    Cinemabuff

August 25, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  6. NOBAMA 2008

They have republicans beat on lying and not standing up for America and they also have the Republicans beat on wanting our economy to fail.

The Democrats told us they had a plan to lower gas prices when they took control in 2006. Gas has skyrocketed since the Democrats took over Congress and the stock market has went in the tank.

The Democrats have done nothing in 2 years after declaring they would fix all these things they kept whining about.

I'm sad there are so many Obamorons that buy into the BS he's spouting. He is Carter's second term. He is more like Bush than McCain is. I should know. I've had liberals tell me that for 8 years.

August 25, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  7. Humberto

I listen to my music on free time, we are trying to elect a president here this is rediculous. This is not about music or celebrity this is about the rise or fall of our country.

Democrat for McCain

August 25, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  8. Gerry

Please, tell Wolf and the rest of the news folks to stop talking so much, we really don't need to hear their comments about the Obama and his wife. we'll decide about them ourselfs..were not stupid.

August 25, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  9. Humberto

P.S. I could care less if Ms. Clinton ever runs again, this is about our Economy!

Democrat for McCain

August 25, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  10. newsnut

White people doing the HUMP. Too much! Has this Country gone nuts? Have we become so shallow that we now must join in on a Tribal Dance. Lincoln, M.L.K.Michelle and B.Hussein O. girating to the Funky Gangster Rap! Please help us Lord!

August 25, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  11. Briana M

Of course we have better music.

Chula real Democrats are for Obama. Just because your girl didn't win you are willing give up on your morals and beliefs. Have fun paying hospital bills, paying $5 a gallon for gas and losing your house.

August 25, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  12. RJ, CA

OK, I give up! Nasty, dirty rap conquers all! Now I HAVE to vote Dem!

August 25, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  13. Tjaye in LA

Too funny!

I keep going on about the music myself! Its great today!

August 25, 2008 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  14. Eric

Im sure the GOP is taking notes on what to do for their convention next week since they have not had any original ideas this year. I wonder if they are going to give a tribute to George Bush?

August 25, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  15. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Hi Jack,

notice how people want substance! They are not desperate they are ready for solutions!

August 25, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  16. anonymous

Republicans are more reserved and respectful than to play a bunch of hoopla music. I can just see the show and music if the democrats win. What a hoot. People in America just act like morans these days and have no self identity. They have to follow the crowd. What happen to being an individual? Oh well the best man will win. I personally do not care for either of the candidates running for office.

August 25, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  17. tedious898

yes....we would all be much happier at the GOP convention.

Anyone feel that way? If so, Faux news awaits. Get the heck outta here you rep. losers.

August 25, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  18. Music?

Is this the change Obama was talking about?

How about a convention that doesn't waste so much money putting on a flashy show?

When do we start to see change?

C'mon!!!!

August 25, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  19. Dave, Illinois

Thats because the Democratic party attracts drugged, vain, self absorbed celebrity types like pop-stars, rappers, and Obama. Enjoy your party Obamites, your candidate's slide in the polls will continue and you will be crying come November. I can't wait to hear that sweet sound.

August 25, 2008 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  20. Mark in Tenn

Isn't it funny how some people just don't want to move forward in this great country of ours. I guess if Barack was the typical white with the same ideas then he would be more liked. Put aside these peity differences and listen to what the man has to say. You just might learn something. Hell I even like Ronald Regan at one time.

August 25, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  21. Lynne bane

No black singers in the Colorado childrens choir? And the only thing I want to hear from Michelle Obama is "IM SORRY FOR MY STUPID COMMENTS." I'm Insulted that she was never proud of America. She needs an attitude adjustment. Go Cindy!!!!

August 25, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  22. Mike

Wait a minute!!! Wait just one minute! McBush has Abba.

August 25, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  23. Perspicacious Chicagoan

"Have Dems Botched convention so far?" – nice balanced reporting CNN…. CNN's best political team apparently is not the best political team – it's simply all that CNN could muster…
    I hope CNN has Democratic Strategist attack pieces during the Republican convention as well, but I won't hold my breath.

August 25, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  24. Cynthia

The Republicans seem to be trying to take over the blogs tonight with all of their negative comments. The must know that their time will come next week when we show them how it is done with the negative comments.

August 25, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  25. janet, ohio

Yeah, I knew your lovely moderators wouldn't want people to know about the police in Denver being told not to arrest pot-smokers. Why don't you get a conscience someday? It's not as bad as you think

August 25, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |