August 25th, 2008

Rosen: Michelle hits it out of the park

Hillary Rosen is a CNN contributor.
Hillary Rosen is a CNN contributor.

DENVER (CNN) – Wow. That was impressive. The poise, the energy, the dignity, the intelligence and the pride! I think she hit it out of the park. How do I define the home run?

Given her personal story, the Republicans won't suceed in future attacks on her patriotism. This woman beamed her pride in her American opportunity. Women can relate to her modern struggle of caring for her children and constantly worrying about their future.

Watch: Michelle Obama: "The American dream endures."

She showed us that she isn't just following Barack - she understands and believes in what he stands for. She showed us that she will stand by her convictions, ignore her critics and redefine, once again, the role of first lady.

"A current of history meets a new tide of hope."

A winner.

1. Anthony

I am sorry but it was more of a fly ball! She delivered someone else's words and could not speak from her heart and soul about why to elect Barack Obama.

August 25, 2008 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  2. THE Liberal in Johnstown, Colorado

That was an amazing speech. I watched it because I wanted to see what this woman had to say about why her husband should be president and I heard exactly that.

I cried several times because I liked what she had to say about Barack and her relationship and how they see our responsibility as parents.

I donated another $100 when her speech was over.

SOLD.

Paul

August 25, 2008 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  3. Renee

I don't care if you love or hate this woman she was absolutely electrifying. She brought a personal side of Obama that was amazing!

August 25, 2008 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  4. Betty

We've loved them for a long time, and you air-heads keep trying to tell us a warmongering old fool or a whining female might be better for us.

We're telling you all – YOU'RE WRONG!!!!

YOU don't like what you see, you're trying to lead us – STOP IT CNN

August 25, 2008 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  5. Debby

Her speech was okay but I am so sick of hearing about Obama and his biography, and how they came up from nothing blah blah blah. Everyone knows this already from stump speech's so now I want to hear what Obama is going to do for us.

August 25, 2008 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  6. Open Eyes

Agreed...

This was one of the most amazing and emotional speeches I have ever witnessed – and Michelle showed true grace, even giving voice to Hillary Clinton's trailblazing run!

Michelle Obama as our next First Lady!

It'll be like Camelot all over again!

August 25, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  7. Jennifer Hernly

Democrats are united!! Go Obama, be quiet Carville.

August 25, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  8. objective perspective

Are you serious? What speech were you watching?! She sucked, I guess that speech will be the 2nd time she was proud of her country too?

She's a callous and shallow individual who is power hungry and manipulating. I wonder when she'll bring out the cookies?

August 25, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  9. daman1

I thought sh looked kind of skanky. Her words didn't impress me either. Seemed like she was acting. I guess if you really don't like America it's hard to hide.

August 25, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  10. old boy

dream on... Michele was so tighly wound she looked like a snake pulling back and then striking over and over again. oh yes, and all that public service crap...her daddy was in the political machine and she went there as well.
    fooled no one!

August 25, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  11. tedious898

Absolutely 100% correct! I think this is a campaign changer. Its hard to hate someone with some much love and hope.

When did America become a country that questions a persons patriotism without knowing what the person has gone thru in life.

August 25, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  12. Linda31

I felt the same way, Hillary!!!!! Michelle did a beautiful good of telling their story. She has so much to give. And the children were too cute.

August 25, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  13. would you?

out of the park....that ball is sitting next to the American flag posted on the moon..she was GREAT

August 25, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  14. Senator John Magoo

How any woman supporting Hillary could watch Michelle & not get behind Obama is beyond me.

August 25, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  15. Abby from Florida

I saw Michelle's speech. wow, i've changed my mind, she has my vote!

August 25, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  16. ree

Who cares.

She still made remarks that were not very American and now she is trying to say different. Still don't think she will make a good first lady. Should have been proud to be American last year, now its alittle late.

August 25, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  17. Mike

Michelle Obama was incredible; I haven't cried in 9 years but she had me very close. Great moving speech Mrs Obama!

August 25, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  18. Obama 08: 60, female, white!!

Thank you. Hilary...at least one of you on CNN got it!!

The rest have been babbling all week at how the Americans didn't know who the Obamas were...blah, blah, blah...and now iy wasn't negative enough...perhaps someone should remind Carville that one candidate went negative in the primaries and she lost...no wonder the blogs are full of outrage at the mainstream media and their belief that somehow they are entitled to explain, interpret and evaluate for the American people.

I am glad I watched the coverage on PBS which was totally uninterrupted and the commentary, including an amazing sitdown interview with Jimmy Carter, was respectful of all the speakers and of the intelligence of the people watching.

CNN you have been lost in the "media bubble" and convinced yourself of your own self importance.

August 25, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  19. Betty

Barack Obama is ready to lead, and we're ready to follow HIM.

Why is a republican talking about this? This is the democrat convention.

You've lost a lot of viewers CNN

August 25, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  20. Chuck

She still hasn't said she was "PROUD" of her country. Sure, sure she loves America – who wouldn't. You can love your children or your parents, but that doesn't automatically mean you are "proud" of them. Give me a break – this lady is as radical as her husband and that cartoon is taking on more and more significance every day.

August 25, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  21. Cynthia

Hilliary Rosen you are soooo correct on this one. Anybody that says different did not hear the same speech that we did. She has shown the American people that they are just like all of the other American families. They worry about the world that their children and other children will grow up in and want to make it a better world for all children and all Americans. Hats off to Michelle Obama – she will make a great First Lady!

August 25, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  22. GET REAL!!!!!!!!

I am UNDECIDED

and I thought it was FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!

August 25, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  23. D&D

No question, she did great!

August 25, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  24. RB in Calif

You were wonderful! Very inspiring and as a mom I feel right on target with what is important and what this country/world needs to strive for.

August 25, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  25. Mike

She comes of f as a very intelligent woman and it was nice of her to say those nice words about another smart lady by the name of hillary clinton.

August 25, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |