August 26th, 2008

Clinton speech a work-in-progress until the last minute

DENVER (CNN) -
Hillary Clinton's speech was a work-in-progress until the last minute, a Clinton aide tells CNN: speech-writers pulled an all-nighter and rushed it into the teleprompter. The video tribute to the New York senator was also a last-minute affair, and barely got done in time.

Tonight's speech was written by Lissa Muscatine, Jim Kennedy and chief speechwriter Jon Lovett, working closely with long-time Clinton advisors Maggie Williams and Cheryl Mills.

1. No Way, No How, No McCain!

UNITY!

UNITY!

UNITY!

UNITY!

UNITY!

UNITY!

WE HAVE AN EVIL TO FIGHT AND IT'S NAME IS JOHN MCCAIN!

August 26, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  2. Loretta

Hillary is a very self serving person. My vote goes to John McCain
    I like having four more years of Bush -McCain.

August 26, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  3. William

After that great speech by Hillary Clinton, I will now vote for Obama, not because I back him, because I back her.

August 26, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  4. Latina For Barack

The Woman that just spoke about Hilary may be out to lunch.

Gates, Sergey, Yang are or were all CEOs of some of the most influential companies within tech industry.

I would like to believe that if I am smart and work hard that I dont need to be OLD to be experienced.

She is using age = experience.

August 26, 2008 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  5. Sandy

If Obama wins, she'll definitely have a big role in the future of this country (without Bill and his Cigars – he he he he).

If McWarmonger wins, she'll be the republican joke of the century for all the free ads.

We each get only one precious vote. Don't waste it.

Obama/Biden '08/'12

August 26, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  6. Shayne

GREAT speech from a GREAT woman

I BELIEVE in Hillary, so I will VOTE for Obama.

Obama '08

August 26, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  7. ginger

Sen. Clinton, thank you so much for supporting the DNC. Thank you for being a woman of your word.

Hillary supporters, who do you really care about?

August 26, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  8. TRACY

Why didn't she write her own speech????

FOUR Speech writers, none by the name of Hilary Clinton???

The media is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. CNN is worse than FOX.

August 26, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  9. Amy

Great speech. This is a woman I would have supported during the primaries-instead she listened to advisors who told her to go negative, go nasty, sling mud. It's a shame we didn't see more of this Hillary on the campaign trail.

August 26, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  10. aware

The best ever from the one we all have waited for and the one who should be president! :)

Never Obama! :(

August 26, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  11. NoMcSame

After the speech I turned the the enemy FOX to hear what they had to say and they did not disappoint me. FOX news is not news it is a kill joy and will have us all as slaves to the rich if they could.
    Now Hillary. I will never call that woman Billary again. She is one tough lady and I am glad that she is on the right side of this race. She brought down the house and the rest of the party has to really step up. If Obama fails I know that Hillary would win in 2012. I hope that we democrats can come together and get Bush/McSame out of office.
    Obama08

August 26, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  12. PUMA together for Obama

James: Hillary is not the Nominee. Give it a rest! A vote against Obama is a vote against Hillary your candidate!
    No way
    No How
    No McCain

Obama/Biden 08/12

August 26, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  13. John Smith

I would like to hear any "intelligent" democrat say,

"I worked hard for Hillary, and thank her for her effort, but my loyalty lies with the Democratic party."

Wait, and please wait!

Is the Democratic party about the Clintons (i.e., Hillary) or the Democratic Party?

Why did the Clintons not dominate the Gore and Kerry nomination processes? Gore was Bill's VP for 8 years…

America has, and continues to take advantage of the Black Man!! Americans may be blind to this fact, but the WORLD that is watching America is NOT blind! A Black Man fought hard and won, plain and simple!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  14. Copperfield

Kings to you Hillary, a remarkable final product!

Democrat 08!

August 26, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  15. Ellen Logue

Don.t be stupid and vote for mccain. Lets be grown ups. Ellen in Salinas

August 26, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  16. Dee N STL

All these people complaining wasnt going to vote for Obama no way. So go ahead and vote for bush the 3rd.

August 26, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  17. Sandy- PA

I heard her speech. She is still "the ice woman". It was as though she was reading a prepared script, with no emotion or feeling. I did not get the feeleing that she believed or meant anything she said. But then again, I also know that she is a practiced liar.

August 26, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  18. Ellen Logue

no I didnt already say that!!!! Ellen in Salinas Ca

August 26, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  19. David

I am not sure why CNN gave that Hillary supporter so much time to talk about her commitment ot Hillary and her lack of support for Obama. Her postion does not represent the majority of those in her community. There should be some ballance by providing someone that was a convert after the Hillary speach.

August 26, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  20. dukie

that black delegate who was interview by cnn should remember where we as black coming from much more to indicate that she is thinking hard to do what she had never done since she was eighteen shame

August 26, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  21. ObamaSupporter

Bill Schnieder is a pathetic republican coward in disguise of being neutral at CNN.

Hillary's speech was wonderful today, felt like she really wanted Obama to win.

This time I will vote for Obama, but next time if Hillary runs I will vote for her too.

Democrats all the way!

No How, No Way, No McCain!!!

August 26, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  22. PAW, CA

Excellent job. From the delivery, to the words, to the lines that will become part of the lexicon.....I wanted her for President, voted for her in the primary, but have accepted the fact that she came in 2nd....Obama ran a great campain and came in first.....if these two can hook up and work together, leaving pride and ego at the door, what great things they can do for this country. She is right on target when she says it must start now by electing Barack Obama the next President.....

August 26, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  23. Dee

CNN IS THIS NEWS? SO WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU SAY HE WILL NOT BE ATTENDING?
    CNN = FOX
    YOU DON'T LIKE TO SEE DEMOCRATS UNITE. PLEASE BE FAIR ON ALL YOUR REPORTS.

August 26, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  24. LKM

Shame on you, CNN. That hall was FILLED to the brim with people cheering her on – clapping at her UNITY speech – and you go and find one of the few people there who is not supporting Obama. Your corporate colors are showing. I know, I know...you have to have SOMETHING to talk about to fill your hours on TV....and you have to find SOMETHING to be a "controversy". Get over it. There is no controversy in the Democratic party. Sure, there are a few dissenters, but for crying out loud. Lose your corporate slant to everything and get with the program. That convention is together...and enthusiastic. Interview one of the vast majority of delegates who are ready to go forward and work HARD for Obama.

August 26, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  25. jean from orlando

it was a great speech – and I applaud her for making it look believeable. If only she had taken the time to write it her self.

August 26, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |