August 26th, 2008

Clinton to make 'compelling case' for Obama

Clinton will make a 'compelling case' for Obama, her spokesman said.
Clinton will make a 'compelling case' for Obama, her spokesman said.

(CNN) - In one of the most anticipated speeches of the week, Hillary Clinton will urge her backers - some of which remain wary of supporting Barack Obama - to unify behind the party's presumptive nominee.

Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines tells CNN the onetime rival of Obama will make a compelling case the Illinois senator must be the next President of the United States.

She will also express her appreciation for those who supported her primary bid and focus on the differences between Obama and McCain, not those between herself and the Illinois senator.

1. tedious898

I have prayed for sensibility, rational thought, and true patriotism for our country from these PUMA people.

Ok...I'm convinced. These people are not adults certainly not caring americans. They are complete dummies that refuse to listen to Hillary or a dying man – Ted Kennedy's exortations for unity. Why worry about these people? There is nothing that can be said to satisfy their crying, whining, pissing and moaning.

Its amazing as if every failure in their miserable little lives are being heaped on Barack Obama. Like...the kid that struck out in a little league game. Or the little girl that didn't get chosen for the cheer leading squad is Barack's fault. Waaahhh Waaahhh...I would have won if it wasn't for the mean little black kid winning.

Ok.....that does it for me. PUMAs and the rest of you malcontents, please don't bother telling us you're a democrat and whine, cry and moan about having to vote for McCain. Like Nike – Just Do it! Excuse the rest of us if we don't want to hear you whine every moment of everyday. Life is entirely too short. I've raised two boys and don't recall them crying this much ever.

August 26, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  2. Huge Hill supporter.

I'll be honest, I don't know what I'm going to do in November.

I'm really tired of all the fighting between supporters.

I'm the first to admit, I've been part of it. I've said some nasty things in frustration, but I want to be done with that. Will an Obama supporter come forward and admit the same thing? Maybe just two of us on opposite sides coming together will encourage others to do so.

I saw Michelle's speech. I'm not a fan of hers, but her speech was really nice. She's a great speaker and the mention of Hillary was nice.

I still don't know what I'll do exactly in November but I promise to keep an open mind during the election.

Will just one Hillary hater come forward and make nice? That's all I'm asking.

August 26, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  3. Joe in DE

It is often easie to be a good loser than to be a good winnr. The democratic primaries and their after events show that.

August 26, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  4. fa

I have been I ever heard of CNN been a CNN JUNKIE and always been happy and comfortable been so. My second name is F.a. CNN. However I have been disspaointed in CNN reporting as of lately. It hurts.

CNN a very quality source of my gettting news first hand has has tempted to follow the sorts like cant even mention the names here.

I got a sprankle of hope yesterday when I watch Larry King live questioning his guest a part of the Republican getting theier share of the spotligt. I know I am just a number so CNN would never mind if they lose an ardent CNN watcher like me. The viewage and numbers is all that matter.

Listening to Larry King I thought all hope is not lost. Among other thinf he said..." I think the most appaling thing in the world is prejudice...
    He was so sincere telling the Republican guys that. He was sp compelling . What was the arquement of the this geust Michael Reagan... " Larry you are not being cute...

I am haniginh on to CNN because Larry King ios there. However I have given my hope not yet on Wolf Blitzer, John King

CNN all I want to say is being dont throw away that firm and hand worn reputation you have earned all these years for fair and far searched and balanced reporting becaus e I woundnt know where to go

August 26, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  5. ROBERT

COME ON GUYS GIVE HER A BREAK. SHE HAS WORKED HARD FOR THIS COUNTRY AND GOT SHORT CHANGED IN THE PROCESS. BUT SHE WILL ALWAYS DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THIS COUNTRY. IF OBABA LOSES, IT WILL NOT BE HILLARY'S FAULT. IT WILL BE HIS. THIS ELECTION IS HIS TO WIN OR LOSE. IF EVERYONE IS SO AFRAID THAT SHE CAN COST HIM THE ELECTION, THEN MAYBE HE IS NOT AS STRONG AS YOU THINK.

THE WOMAN WILL MAKE US PROUD TO BE AMERICANS, LET HER ALONE.

August 26, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  6. Wake up America

There was no media bias for Obama... He simply was a more compelling candidate who ran a much better campaign than Sen. Clinton. It's only normal that she supports him now...They share the same platform...they have the same goals. They are Democrats!

If for any reason Obama was to lose, she will definitely be blamed.

How can someone vote for a crazy emotionally unstable POW? This is beyond me!

August 26, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  7. pam Eugene OR

It better be the best speech of her life or she is done in politics forever. She does not have a chance in 2012 if McCain wins this election due to the Clinton's filthy tactics. I can't even see her running again with so many unanswered questions about Bill's finances. They don't want us to know where the millions came from since he left office.

August 26, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  8. TXBad1 Never for Obama (X-Dem)

Plea or Not Hillary supporters know the true reason behind her speech and will not help a self serving party! McCain all the way 2008 and Hillary 2012

August 26, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  9. Sick & Tired of Nobama

THIS IS SO OUT OF LINE IT IS PATHETIC. WHY SHOULD SHE LIFT A FINGER TO HELP THE EMPTY SUIT? THIS WAS NEVER DONE BEFORE AND SHOULD NOT BE DONE NOW.
    KICK HIM TO THE CURB HILLARY.... SHOW HIM YOUR POWER. HE IS A LOSER, WILL BE A LOSER.
    YOU ARE A WINNER. SHOW THEM HOW IT IS DONE....

August 26, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  10. Amber

He is not doing bad in the polls because of Hillary Clinton. Most Clintonites have gone to Obama by now. He's doing bad because he's unqualified, arrogant, inexperienced, and this country leans to the right, not the left.

So all of you saying "If Hillary causes him to lose, then we'll vote against her in 12", you guys are morons.....she won't be the reason he lost. HE will be the reason he lost. Quit being ignorant....just open your eyes....it's not rocket science!

August 26, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  11. sweet home alabama

I agree with Texas. We also love you in Alabama. You have
    done all you can do. Let him earn the Presidency. It is his to win.
    Why should she do the work for him. I support Hillary on everything
    but voting for HIM. I will vote Republican this year.

August 26, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  12. CLINTON SUPPORTER FOR MCCAIN

I am really sick and tired that media and the Democraps are telling us the Clinton supporters to vote for Obama, how about we do not want to vote for Obama because we bilieve that Senator Clinton was the best candidate and we are not going to change our minds.
    No matter was Senator Clinton says now, she is under a lot of pressure to look 'united" by the Democrat leaders , we the voters know better and will are insulted that fact the Obama did not chose Clinton as his running mate. Shame on the Democrats leaders.

TO ALL THE CLINTON SUPPORTERS: PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT GIVE UP, VOTE FOR MCCAIN, LETS GIVE THE MEDIA AND THE DEMOCRAT LEADERS A LESSON.

August 26, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  13. Never Hillary, ever?

To they I won't support Obama because I voted for Hillary.

That's your right. It's also your right to vocalize it.

It is also my right to state that because of people like you who want their way no matter what, I will never vote for Hillary.

Do you understand that Hillary lost the Primary?

August 26, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  14. HA HA HA HA BOOM BOOM

Well I wonder if Hillary can get through her speach without breaking into gales of laughter OR being struck by lightening !

August 26, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  15. SJM

Why is it Hillary's responsibility to get her supporters to vote for Obama? I understand doing what you can to help the party, but she deserves no blame whatsoever if her supporters don't vote Obama. Its his job to win over those voters, he is the one running for president. This coming from someone who absolutely can't stand Clinton.

August 26, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  16. THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ARE AGENTS FROM HELL

O.K. let Hillary have her moment of regonizon then she MUST be able to move on, ENOUGH ALREADY OF APPEASING HER AND "HER SUPPORTERS" MOST OF WHICH WILL NOT SUPPORT OBAMA ANYWAY! HILLARY AND THESE PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE BIGGER THINGS TO DEAL WITH THAN THEM!

HILLARY AND "HER SUPPORTERS" COST DEM THIS ELECTION THEN THEY CAN HANG UP THE IDEA OF HILLARY EVER GETTING ELECTED. WE WON'T FORGET!

August 26, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  17. ssm

McShame is a wolf in sheep clothing.. He knows he is not capable to attract votes, instead is after Hillary clinton's democratic supporters.. Shame on you McShame McMansion..

Mc Without any Substance

August 26, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  18. Bob

If there really are any people out there who had supported Hillary and now plan to vote for McCain or not vote, all I can say is: Just imagine that McCain does beat Obama, how could you possibly look yourself in the mirror for the following four years and not feel ashamed of what you did to our country. Primaries are over...time to unite!

August 26, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  19. DMD, New York

I think the Obama camp and DNC want Hillary to have a limited roll call at the convention because now that Florida and Michigan have their votes back, a full roll call would mean Hillary gets the nomination and not Obama....then all unholy hell would break loose. And if what I just wrote is not true, I don't know what else the reason would be. And in the heart of my hearts, I cannot vote for Obama. This is my biggest dilema yet. It doesn't mean I would necessarily vote for McCain come November or even sit out the vote. There are two other people running....Nader and Bahr.

August 26, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  20. Anonymous

Prediction:

Clinton will say all the right things, strike all the right notes, be gracious and compelling.

PUMAs (Republicans) will say "too bad – I'm voting McCain."

Obama supoorters will say "too little, too late. Thanks for nothing."

Republican pundits (CNN & FOX) will say, "she did Obama no good and we were always afraid of her. SHe's the grwatest, even though we did accuse he of murder."

Tucker Bounds will say "McCain was a POW for five years."

August 26, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  21. Linda from Prescott AZ

Hillary, Please hit a home run tonight.
    This to is part of your legacy.
    There are still many great things that you can do for this country.

August 26, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  22. EBC

It's TIME for Sen. Clinton to SHUT her "Clinton Imposters" down. A TRUE Hillary Clinton supporter would NEVER betray her in such a disgraceful manner. They've proven to be nothing but TRAITORS in their false claims of "love and support" for Hillary Clinton.

It's these same "traitors" that are stabbing Sen. Clinton in the back and twisting the knife while claiming to be her supporter. It's really the most disgraceful thing I've ever seen.

Any one who makes idle "threats" about voting for the opposite team, is TRULY a traitor, a disgrace. Anyone who TRULY loves and supports Sen. Hillary Clinton KNOWS that her policies and beliefs are MUCH MORE IN LINE with that of Sen. Obama's and NOT John McCain's.

So I truly FAIL to see where her traitors make their claims in support of her by blatantly destroying her political future by voting for John McCain.

What a disgrace of ALL disgrace. With supporters like these, you don't need any enemies!!!!

August 26, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  23. JB

Hillary does not need to do anything special when she speaks tonight at the convention. Obama's general elcetion hopes does not lay in Hillary's hand. It's up to Obama to make his own case to get people to support him not Hillary. Then the people will decide for themselves who they want to vote for and if it's not Obama it won't be Hillary's fault.

August 26, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  24. Chips

Vote for McCain this time and Hillary want be getting votes the next time. Don't kid yourselves. One hand washes the other and they both
    wash the face.

August 26, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  25. jimmy

OBAMA'S MILITARY RECORD N-O-N-E. NEITHER ENLISTED OR JOINED ANY BRANCH OF THE ACTIVE BRANCHES OF OUR ARMED FORCES NOR THE RESERVES OF THE ARMY, AIRFORCE, NAVY, COAST GUARD, NATIONAL GUARD , MARINES ....N-O-N-E.
    ,MCCAIN AND HIS FAMILY (HIS SON IS A SOLDIER IN IRAQ., ARE TRADITIONAL PATRIOTIC AMERICANS IN THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANT.

August 26, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |