August 26th, 2008

Clinton's pledged delegates speak out

Sen. Hillary Clinton is expected to speak on party unity during day two of the convention.

DENVER, Colorado (CNN) - Even before Sen. Hillary Clinton takes to the floor of the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado, on Tuesday night, several of her die-hard supporters - and delegates - are looking for the New York senator to preach party unity.

"The thing that I want to hear first is that she is satisfied on behalf of us and those who sent us that the platform reflects her policy priorities. ... If that has been improved since she campaigned, then that would be a good message," said John Settich, a pledged Clinton delegate from Kansas.

Another pledged Clinton delegate, James Pat Smith, said she needs to "remind people of why Barack Obama is much better than John McCain for anyone who supported her."

"She's going to have to help people remember what the elections about. It wasn't about Hillary; it was about policies," he added.

Allyson Story, an alternate Clinton delegate from Iowa, said she wants Clinton to say, "thanks a lot, and we need to move on to become a united party."

Full Story

1. JJ

Hillary, no matter how you persue us, WE WILL NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA WHO WE DO NOT TRUST ! So please stop here!

August 26, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  2. Nikole-Independent Thinker

@ Souza-You can find all the details you like at barackobama.com. Clearly, you know how to use the internet, so get to it. Educate yourself.

@Clinton Supporter for Life-I think that you are not really a Clinton supporter, but a Republican pretending.

August 26, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  3. JJ

Go Hillary 2012 !

The media is so bias and not fair to Hillary. They will PAY THE PRICE.

August 26, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  4. John

Clinton Supporter from 7:29ET: So if you vote based on policies and you supported Hillary you'll obviously be supporting Obama, since they shared 99% of policies and McCain shares 2% with them. Or are you just dissatisfied and voting for McCain because your candidate lost?

Truth burns, doesn't it?

August 26, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  5. Fred Atlanta, GA

Clinton Supporter For Life August 26th, 2008 8:06 pm ET

Obamanots,

It's called the WHITE House for a reason! I will NEVER vote to put a black man in OUR WHITE House, democrat or not.

Go Hillary 2012 & 2016.

At least this Hillary supporter came out and stated why he or she is SCARED of and EDUCATED BLACK PERSON!!! It's ok though we'll still PAINT THE WHITE HOUSE BLACK!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 08/12 YES WE CAN & YES WE WILL!!!!!

August 26, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  6. mike

During the primaries, Hillary used certain tactics against Obama which you just don't do to someone in your own party. This is why John McCain can now uses her words aginst Obama. It is also why many Obama supporters have been disrespectful towards Hillary's. Like it or not, it was these tactics that have caused alot of the problems. It is sad that this is now being turned on Obama. So I say to the angered Clinton supporters, where were you during the primaries? Why did you not cry foul about the negative republican-like tactics that she was using? Why was that acceptable to you? This was a very close primary and the losing side was bound to be very disappointed. But at this point, I think we should honor Hillary tonight and then, yes, get over it!

August 26, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  7. Old white lady for Obama

Clinton Supporter for Life:-

Shame on you.

August 26, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  8. Pssst......PUMA's

Dis-satisfied Clinton backers

McCAIN IS PRO_LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Vote for McCain and vote to over-turn Roe. Vs. Wade

August 26, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  9. Travis

This picture of Billary only says what's going on in her mind

HOW CAN I SCREW BARAK OVER ONE MORE TIME BEFORE I

LEAVE.

August 26, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  10. NotFallingInLine.org

Sacha Millstone, a Clinton delegate from Colorado, said that some Clinton delegates will vote for Hillary ALL THE WAY.

She does not believe that there will be a unanimous vote for Barack Obama.

Awilda Marquez, another Clinton delegate from Colorado, said this morning on C-SPAN that Hillary Clinton can say nothing to make her support Barack Obama.

She said that it's Obama's job to make her want to vote for him, and that he's not doing it.

And the only reason why Debra Bartoshevich, a former Clinton delegate from Wisconsin, is not in Denver right now saying that she will never support John McCain is because the Wisconsin Democratic Party stripped her of her delegate status.

The leadership of the Democratic Party has failed us all.

August 26, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  11. Marie in California

My vote, which has been almost totally Democratic for lots of years, will go to McCain this time around.

It's not about "party"......it's about who is most qualified to lead in terms of character, judgment and experience. Obama loses.

Country first, party last.

Was for Hillary....now for McCain!

NOBAMA!

August 26, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  12. Larry-Minn.

There isnt a thing she can say at this point to change my mind.. There isnt any unity and my vote goes to McCain.. a man that has the most experience to lead this country.

August 26, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  13. Clinton Supporter For Life

This is beginning to border on lunacy. For God's sake, we're Democrats!!! Let's support Mr. Obama for President.

August 26, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  14. LMH

I wonder how many of these anti-Obama posts are from Republican trolls trying to inflame what amounts to a truly minor divide?

August 26, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  15. Harut

These are those die-hard Clinton supporters. I still don't understand why people would vote McCain! He is the total opposite party! I think Clinton is great, and I have a feeling she will be in Obama's Admin. as Secretary of State.

August 26, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  16. Tell it like it is

I understand the Clintons. Everyone should watch PRIMARY COLORS all over again. I understand why she truely feels she should have been president. She put bill in the White House when It should have been her. She has endured a lot of pain because of him and all of her accomplishment have been put aside to help his career. Now that the tables are turned he could not deliver for her. Now Bill is mad with himself because of it as well. They both need therapy. She needs to show the party that she truly ran for president because she cared about the country not because it was her turn This is not the Hilarycratic party this is the democratic party. She should be showing all the women who have supported her how to be gracious. How to be strong in adversity. That with the lemons she got she was able to make lemonade showing how in the end if you are for the right thing it will workout. You both need to look in the mirror and ask yourself who really put you in this position. Is there anything you could have done better or differently. We are in charge of our own destiny buy the choices we make. You should not be mad with Barack he is not the reason you are where you are. If you believe in GOD you should know you are in the current position you are suppose to be.

August 26, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  17. jane s

it is so hard to swallow but obama has the nomination-nothing will change that. a hillary clinton comes along once in a lifetime and can one dare hope that we will see her again in 2012 ? time will tell......

August 26, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  18. HillaryIsMYChosenOne

I'm voting for McCain in November so I CAN vote for Hillary in '12!!!

If Obama doesn't win this election, then it'll for sure be Hillary in 2012. If Obama wins this election, Clinton won't be able to get in until 2016. That's why I'M voting for McCain!

August 26, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  19. Brown/Savannah

P.U.M.A= Pathetic Uneducated Morons of America

August 26, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  20. aware

Give me a break!

Hillary is the best! But, it is not her job to unify the party!

That is up to Obama! He could have unified the party but he chose not to. He has very poor judgment!

Unfortunately, Obama's arrogance and belief in his own infallibility has undermined his party and his future! Barack, the user, will lose!

Also, It is not Hillary's job to be the attack dog either! That is up to Biden. He accepted the official position of attack dog!

Today, Obama is out on the stump obfuscating, prevaricating and bluffing! he doesn't get it, and he doesn't have a clue!

The democrats blew it big time this election!

This former democrat will vote for McCain 08! Country comes before party and John McCain is a moderate in touch with mainstream America!

August 26, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  21. FROMHILLARYTOMCCAIN.COM

It is going to be most interesting to see what Bill has to say tomorrow night.

August 26, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  22. Mike, Syracuse NY

Too bad Hillary made her true feelings known during the primaries. She was right. Obama isn't ready for prime time. Biden agrees. If Obama can't convince Democrats he's ready, he'll never convince anyone else.

August 26, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  23. Mary

Hillary has what it takes and would have had my vote, but I really do not care for Barrack or Michelle Obama. Sorry Dems, I can not go along with this choice. If you had given Florida and Michigan full vote status in the beginning, I think things would have been different.

August 26, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  24. Liz

I HATE CNN. I dont know why I watch.

August 26, 2008 08:59 pm at 8:59 pm |
  25. Dodie, a Dem Committeeperson

Hillary spent all of her campaign running for the highest office of the land as if she were a man. For Goddess' sake! she's a Woman. I could not get behind her candidacy because I always believed that her marriage to Bill was for her convenience only. I am a 66 year old feminist and I would not have tolerated the nonesence and pain he inflicted upon her for all those years.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you. Sen Hillary is bright, intelligent, knowledgeable. She didn't need Bill.

All through her campaign she spoke as a man in women's clothes. Then on the Saturday after it is apparent she does not have the delegates, she speaks about how being a woman has made a difference. Too little. Too late.

I am not one of those women who believed she had made HIStory. She lost an opportunity to make HERstory. And I too wonder how many of these women delegates at convention are really republicans in donkey's clothes.

Out with the republican regime! they have destroyed this nation.

August 26, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |