August 26th, 2008

Crowley: Sebelius gets an enthusiastic reception

Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius got a warm welcome Tuesday night.
Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius got a warm welcome Tuesday night.

DENVER (CNN) - Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius garnered the most applause since Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich's 'wake-up America' riff.

1. Monica

Who? Kidding, but seriously who cares?

August 26, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  2. Turnabout is Fair Play

I gotta say, that is one of the most visually attractive older women I've laid eyes on and I'm only a 40 years old dude, lol!

August 26, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  3. David W.

Too many old, White Headed people in Politics. Obama is not really young and his hair is turning white. We need some teenagers to run the country. They know everything.

August 26, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  4. John in Binghamton NY

Why didn't CNN even show the speech. All they had was their talking heads talking about the Clintons. Are you the Clinton News Network or MC CNN?

August 26, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  5. debkansas

Sebelius go back to Kansas.

August 26, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  6. debkansas

Oh, I'm here in Kansas. Sebelius just go away.

August 26, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  7. US Citizen

Sebelius only gets excited when she's taking about tax increases.

August 26, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  8. james

I'M FROM KANSAS AND WE DON'T WANT HER.

August 26, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  9. Mike, FL

She has a lot of future in the Dem party.

August 26, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  10. KCBob

Go away? I hope not, she has done a lot for Kansas. If you are one of those creationists who makes our state the laughing stock of the world then its YOU who needs to go away.

August 26, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  11. Nathan

Teenagers running the country? (shudder) Yes, teenagers know everything. I had teenagers once, and I know it's true.

August 26, 2008 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  12. congolezza rice

She was absolutely Boring........the reception that she received was a whisper in comparison to the reception for Senator Clinton. Senator Clinton was wonderful. I was a Hillary supporter before switching my support to Obama, only to follow Hillary's lead. After watching Hillary Clinton tonight I must say I am very proud to have supported her and her campaign. She is a remarkable woman and it was too bad that the party that she has served for so many years didn't find her as remarkable as over 18 million Americans did.

btw to Turnabout is Fair Play, you should go for a vision exam.

August 26, 2008 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  13. Valerie in California

America made another mistake! We had a chance to elect a GREAT
    President, Hillary Clinton, and we missed it.

August 27, 2008 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  14. dorothy

I am so glad Dennis Kuicnich, gave a Call to The American People to Wake UP, because it appears they ALL been sleeping for the last Four Years. It is time To Wake Up, Get Up, Speak Up, and Do something. We do not want another Four years of George Bush, with John McCain.

He was Great!

Dorothy, OK

August 27, 2008 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  15. Tim

I Love Kathleen Sebelius!!!!

Wish she had been the VP pick!!!!

Sebelius 2016!!!!

August 27, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  16. DEMS 08

Such a nice lady! I really like listening to her.

Obama/Biden 08

August 27, 2008 01:07 am at 1:07 am |
  17. Reality check #1

Another question of judgement on Obama's part. He actually vetted Sebelius but not Hillary Clinton? This woman was such a bore to listen to, she had absolutely nothing to say that everyone else wasn't saying, hope, change, hope, change. Only two speakers had any type of message, #1 was Hillary and #2 was Patrick DuVaul.

August 27, 2008 02:13 am at 2:13 am |