August 26th, 2008

Crowley: Women grab the spotlight tonight

Senator Hillary Clinton posed with Barbara Mikulski earlier Tuesday.
Senator Hillary Clinton posed with Barbara Mikulski earlier Tuesday.

DENVER (CNN) - The 19th amendment to the Constitution — which guaranteed women the right to vote - was passed 88 years ago today. And today, women senators are getting their day in the sun. The proceedings tonight really kicked off with Barbara Mikulski — the first Democratic woman elected to the Senate in her own right, and not as result of her husband's death.

1. Sandy

OOPS – McCain's (typo – sorry)

August 26, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  2. Jo-Ann Goodchild

Why are you interviewing Rudi, a Republican, during our Democratic National Convention while a woman senator is speaking?!! I'd much rather listen to her!! If I wanted to listen to him, I'd do that during the Republican National Convention.

August 26, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  3. Dan Patricia Bucks County PA

I am a PA Democrat. I have stopped watching your convention coverage. You aren't covering the convention. You're covering YOURSELVES! The amount of time you spend interviewing each other and other "pundits" versus the amount of time you actually air the speeches being given is an insult.

The Democratic Party should be furious with you. You don't even care what anyone is saying... you've decided what we want to hear.

Well, let me tell you, you're wrong. What I want to hear are speeches being given on the floor. Not just the ones you pick for us to hear.

The governor of PA just finished speaking and you didn't air ONE WORD of what he had to say!

Screw you guys...you've lost me a viewer.....

August 26, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  4. Latina for obama(NJ)

You go girls!!!

August 26, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  5. Sharon

This is a special day for me. My grandmother was very active for the right to vote movement and we have pictures from the local newspaper of her with a group of women marching. The stories she told me are very similar to what Hillary went thru this primary election. I know if "nanny" was here she would be so proud. Inspite of all of this Hillary received more votes than any Democratic candidate in history. We will taping some of convention tonight for our young granddaughters especially Senator Clinton speech. She is such a role model for young and old and I am proud that I voted for her.

August 26, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  6. gary fogel

CNN is beginning to look like FOX News. To cut off Sen Ed Rendel and give Rudy Guliani the floor for 5 minutes of Democratic lambasting is obscene. You keep saying you are bringing us the convention from the floor. BUT you aren't letting us hear the speakers, just your people talking over everything going on.

August 26, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  7. Chris

Only 100 people from PUMA showed up...what happened to the 18 million supporters.

PUMA guess what..the 17,999,900 supporters are smart and are supporting Obama now.

August 26, 2008 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  8. Dr. I love this country

Michelle Obama mispronounced the word "sclerosis" as in "multiple sclerosis" two times. All adoring fans pretend not to notice this...or are there brains really "scerosing" over.

So what is "multiple scerosis"? I would have known what she was talking about if she said her dad had multiple sclerosis. Hmm...an attempt to reach out to the ADA population?

August 26, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  9. Jeff

I am starting to think that maybe it is best for Obama to lose this election for the sake of his life, it seems there are crazy people out there...it is not worth it. He is a great man and I prefer that he serves on a different capacity..and not jeopardize his life because of that office.

August 26, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  10. W O W WO W

A---–D A Y---–T H A T---W I L L---–L I V E---I N---

I N F A M Y ----! ! ! ! !

P U M A,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,P U M A,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,P U M A,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,P U M A

August 26, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  11. ALLAN USA

You lovers Obama. Time is over.You going to lose.NO HRC --NO NO NO obama.

August 26, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  12. Shannon

It's so sad we have a man leading the party who has no respect for women, his treatment and his disdain for HIllary Clinton and her supporters proves that. I'm baffled how any woman can vote for this man. His voting record alone shows he doesn't stand up for women and the issues that affect their lives. Obama supporters really don't seem interested in how he votes, just on phony speeches. I bet you could ask any Obama supporter how he voted on any issue and they wouldn't know. It's really quite sad!

August 26, 2008 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  13. BROOKLYN

We (ALL of the Clinton supporters who were so royally snubbed) are writing Senator Clintons name in the ballot on November 4th...

That is final... Wrong choice Obama, you blew it!!!

August 26, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  14. What?

I WOULD LIKE TO BE THE FIRST OBAMA SUPPORTER TO SAY TO ALL OF THE DEMOCRATS THAT WERE SUPPORTERS OF HILLARY CLINTON, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THAT YOU WOULD VOTE WITH YOUR FELLOW DEMOCRATS TO ELECT BARACK OBAMA AS OUR PRESIDENT.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

AGAIN, THANK YOU.

THE LAST EIGHT YEARS HAS BEEN H_LL.

IF MCCAIN CARED ANYTHING ABOUT HILLARY OR HER ANGRY SUPPORTERS, HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM THE SAME ATTENTION HE NOW CONFESSING HE HAS FOR THEM.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

August 26, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  15. BK

Yea woman got the right to vote and then Obama comes along and doesn't want a revote and then our votes don't count.

Chris
    The rest of us had to work or we would have been there.

August 26, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  16. Jennifer S

I LOVE Candy Crowley!!!

She and Christiane Amanpour are two of heroes!

August 26, 2008 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  17. Joe in StL

They're showing the convention on:

C-SPAN
    C-SPAN
    C-SPAN
    C-SPAN
    C-SPAN
    C-SPAN
    C-SPAN
    C-SPAN

August 26, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  18. Jennifer S

Today I ran across a quotation attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt, and for me the metaphor applies to Senator Clinton:

“What is to give light must endure the burning.”

I regret and rail against what I see as burning dismissiveness and disrespect of Hillary Clinton by many in the media, pundits and some of the party elite.

But one cannot dismiss the fact that she gives light; she is light!

August 26, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  19. McCain, the original SELL-OUT!

The Maverick has sold his principals in exchange for the presidency.

August 26, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  20. Jan Illinois

Sharon Good for you and your family, You must be proud of your Gran.I am. Im a believer in women and all we can do. What I cant believe is that any woman would not support another in this election. I fear that we will never get to the white house because women just refuse to stand united. This shames us and all the hard work that women before us struggled to do. Is disappointing. Clinton and Obama were very close on the issues but they still did not stand together.

August 26, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  21. Julie

Candy, please tell Wolf and his big mouths to shut up and show the speakers. They are NOT covering the convention.

August 26, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  22. Mary Ringwall Warke

I am SURE that Obama should have selected Hillary Clinton as his
    Running Mate. After all, look at all the votes she received in the Primaries. He's a BIG Mouth who has no idea how he can pay for all he promises. After all U.S. is totally broke and is in debt to the tune of Trilliums of dollars. Obama can't possible do what he says he will do and people are stupid to believe his promises. Wishful Thinking!

Mary Ringwall Warke,
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada

August 26, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  23. Travis

Image the biased CNN interviewing Rudy 911 during the speeches

CSPAN give us the true story...CNN in the tank with Republicans.

August 26, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  24. Carol Williams

I heartily agree with the gentleman from Buck County PA;, my husband and I are watching CSPAN tonight because they are carrying ALL the speeches, not just the ones CNN feels are "important", as Wolf stated last night. As much as I enjoy listening to Jeff and Gloria and Candy and all the guys, it IS the Democratic National Convention and you can talk later, and I can listen to you later! Maybe....

August 26, 2008 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  25. Republican for Obama

Candy Crowley is no Christiane Amanpour, lets quit the pandering.

Men or Women, objective and neutral journalists are quite few.

August 26, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |