August 26th, 2008

Schneider: A red meat speech for a hungry crowd

Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.
Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.

DENVER (CNN) - This is the closest thing to a red meat speech this convention has gotten. And man, are these delegates hungry.

Watch: "I support Barack Obama," Hillary Clinton says

"No way. No how. No McCain" is likely to get picked up.

The Clintons have always been devoted to the cause of stopping the Republican right. It’s the message that unites Clinton and Obama supporters.

1. Jamie from San Francisco

Great job Bill Schneider!

August 26, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  2. Karen

I'm impressed. I didn't support Clinton, but her speech is excellent. Good for her!

August 26, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  3. Matt B

The democrats need to act like they have nothing to lose. Borrow a line from the Clinton Era...IT'S THE ECONOMY (AGAIN) STUPID !

August 26, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  4. Alex E.

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! Hillary supports get on board get on board get on board now if you dont want McSame for 4yrs.

August 26, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  5. TheLeftNut

IF Obama looses Hillary will NEVER be President because she'll get all the blame.

GUARANTEED!

August 26, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  6. Delictum

This speech just proves why Hillary should have been the nominee.

August 26, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  7. Nikole-Independent Thinker

Hillary's speech was awesome!

Obama/Biden 08

August 26, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  8. Kevin,FL

This is why she should have been the nominee for President

August 26, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  9. dncwatcher

CNN's Sound from the Floor meter is broken. It is so off from the crowd's reaction – totally fake.

August 26, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  10. Clinton, no, wait, McCain Supporter

Wow. I can certainly see why the DNC thought Barack Obama was such swell guy, while Hillary's resume is so thin.........

Too bad Barack Obama is so full of himself and so intimidated by Hillary that he's downright afraid of her. If I were Obama, I would be, too!

August 26, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  11. No Way Obama

Any Democrat can proudly vote for McCain, its not shameful to endorse a perosn of integrity.

August 26, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  12. Reena

Clinton is killin' em!!! Glad she's on board – best speech of this convention to date and I love me some Michelle Obama!!!

August 26, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  13. jean

Go Hillary!!!!!! Way to go........

We love you-

August 26, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  14. SoundsStupid2Me

BEAUTIFUL JOB...BEAUTIFUL JOB....BEAUTIFUL JOB...BEAUTIFUL JOB.
    As my students would say, Gone girl.

August 26, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  15. Linda31

Hillary is killing it!!!!!! Go Hillary! Beautiful speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  16. D&D

I'm watching her speech, and I think she's doing great, super...and if her supporters did not listen to her and vote for Obama, then the problem is more personnal then anything else.

August 26, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  17. McCain #1

Hillary stated that she was a proud mother, but I didn't hear her say she was a proud wife. If Bill did not cheat on her, there would have never been a Senator Clinton. It is depressing that all it takes to get elected is to have a spouse cheat on you. I've so glad she wont be President.

August 26, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  18. Sandy

Shut up Schneider – like I told Gergen, if we want red meat, we can go to our wealthy republican neighbors and beg for hamburger.

On Hillary:

If Obama wins, she'll definitely have a big role in the future of this country (without Bill and his Cigars – he he he he).

If McWarmonger wins, she'll be the republican joke of the century for all the free ads.

We each get only one precious vote. Don't waste it.

Obama/Biden '08/'12

August 26, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  19. gurarro

The Clintons love the Clintons. Hillary is doing a good job of pumping up Obama, but she is still sounds like she is still campaigning for herself. In some instances, she sounds like she is still out there stumping for herself. She really needs to realize that she lost. Notice Bill's smile and cheering when she mentioned how good the economy was during his term, but he immediately sat down when she said the Obama could bring the country back to Clinton's days. He is gonna have a stroke !!!

August 26, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  20. Yay Hillary!

This party will UNITE!!

Hillary brought it home like NO ONE else could!

I love Hillary! I will be a soldier for Hillary and vote AGAINST McCain.

(I loved the 'twin cities' joke. awesome!!!!!)

August 26, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  21. Frank A

Go Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  22. California Gold

She can dish out the digs on McCain like I've never seen before. Solid hits delivered expertly with a smile and a twinkle in her eye. It's great! She is a wonderful speaker.

August 26, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  23. TXus Steve

I don't care...the best chance Hillary has to be President is to go against McCain in 4 years vs take over from Obama in 8. She will be too old in 8 years, but not in 4...McCain must win now if Hillary has ANY chance to be Prez!!!

August 26, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  24. John M.

If John McCain offered Hillary the vice presidency, she would take it in a heartbeat, with Bill fully supporting her. The Clintons are dedicated to themselves. The Democratic Party is only a vehicle to that end.

August 26, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  25. chilliej

Hillary, you are terrific. You should be the nominee. Hillary 2012!

August 26, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |