August 26th, 2008

Schneider: A red meat speech for a hungry crowd

Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.
Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.

DENVER (CNN) - This is the closest thing to a red meat speech this convention has gotten. And man, are these delegates hungry.

Watch: "I support Barack Obama," Hillary Clinton says

"No way. No how. No McCain" is likely to get picked up.

The Clintons have always been devoted to the cause of stopping the Republican right. It’s the message that unites Clinton and Obama supporters.

1. Eric De La Torre

Not the slogan I will be chanting to. No way, no how, no Obama!

August 26, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  2. Kojo

This is just brilliant ! What a speech. I hope people will appreciate the sincerity of the Clintons now. I am just loving this.

August 26, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  3. Marc PDX

This was Hillary's own speech – not Obama's. She spent far more time talking about her positions on the issues than she did about Barack. And rightly so. She ran for president herself and only barely lost to Obama. Her night.

August 26, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  4. Wow

She could have done it, she really could have done it. Guess we'll have to wait 4 more years to see it happen though. Barack just doesn't have what she has with what she has to back it up with. She's good, but he's the one up for the vote, not her. The Dems really messed up this time.

August 26, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  5. texas voter

Hillary is kicking some serious Republican behind!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  6. Robert in Greensboro

I'm not sure the speech is all that important. You have diehard Democrats and you have diehard Republicans. They shouldn't be the target audience in a race that's so close. The country has been polarized for a while now, giving Independents like myself some real power. "Red meat" speeches and slogans don't impress me. I'm looking for a lot more substance, all lot more detail, records, and results. The party "extremists" can unfailingly rally around their party candidates all they want. That's not going to influence the button I press on that touchscreen voting machine.

August 26, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  7. Dominique Taylor, VA

Hillary did it very well! She succeeded and I'm sure her followers heard her loud and clear...KEEP GOING, have faith in the democrats and have faith in OBAMA!!!! I love her!!!

August 26, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  8. Scott L

Hillary should have run Indie to screw the Dems over that screwed her over. Why she is bowing down I have no idea...how many houses does she own?

August 26, 2008 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  9. Brian

This is exactly why Hillary should be our next president!

August 26, 2008 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  10. Wow

Hillary, kudos to you, you made history.

August 26, 2008 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  11. Astou

Now this is what I am talking about! Hillary's speech was uniting and great! This is the Hillary I know and Love!! Democrats let us Unite and elect Barack Obama for our President! No McCain, No Way, No How!!!!!!!!!!!!! Viva Democrats!

August 26, 2008 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  12. roberto

greatest speech yet. it will be hard for obama to top that!

August 26, 2008 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  13. Kescia

I have renewed respect for HRC, she did what needed to be done in excellent fashion!

14. Kevin - Jonesboro, GA

Best speech I have ever heard from Hillary!!! Time for all Democrats to pull together and kick some butt!!!

15. Ian Jacobs

Biggest thing she addressed was 'if you voted for me because I'm me, or if you voted for me because I stood up for... etc'. That needs to be pointed out because that's a direct comment to all the so-called Democrat's that are refusing to vote for Obama because she lost.

16. Juan Carlos

It is her convention. Hillary '12

August 26, 2008 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  17. Democrats Unite - Obama/ Biden 08!! Whoop whoop!!! :-)

YAYYYY HILLARY!! Great speech!!!

DEMOCRATS UNITE!!!... OBAMA/BIDEN 2008!!! :-D

18. shelly

She made me proud...Way to go Hillary...let's stand united!!!

19. Nevada dude

HELLUVA SPEECH!!!! wow, if she had been on this level earlier she might have won the nomination.

20. Dan, TX

We love you HIllary!

Obama/Biden 08!

21. Go Sen. Clinton

What a GREAT Speech by Sen Clinton.

Anyone who says they are a Clinton supporter who's voting for McCain is a Flat out LIAR!!!!

I Love Sen Clinton and I'm voting for Sen Obama. Period!!!!!

22. jason, tx

What a great speech. I was skeptical, but that was fantastic!

23. ralph

CNN stop focusing on red meat. It is way too easy with the sitting Presidunce. Listen to what they are saying instead.

24. tom

Honestly I think that it finishes here, the republicans don't need to have a convention again that is it, lets just have the elections tomorrow.

Obama 08