August 26th, 2008

Schneider: A red meat speech for a hungry crowd

Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.
Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.

DENVER (CNN) - This is the closest thing to a red meat speech this convention has gotten. And man, are these delegates hungry.

Watch: "I support Barack Obama," Hillary Clinton says

"No way. No how. No McCain" is likely to get picked up.

The Clintons have always been devoted to the cause of stopping the Republican right. It’s the message that unites Clinton and Obama supporters.

1. james

To bad the DNC missed a great opportunity in Hillary and Obama missed a great opportunity to pick a great VP.....To bad we will have four more years of McBush.

August 26, 2008 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  2. Dandelion.

GREAT SPEECH!!

Obama 08!!!

August 26, 2008 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  3. Tori, Oregon

I'm an Obama supporter and I just regained my love and respect for her. For a while I was upset because I thought that Obama would not get her votes but now I know she wants him to be elected.

Hillary 2016!

August 26, 2008 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  4. Hi There!

Hey, Thanks Hillary. We are glad to have your support.

August 26, 2008 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  5. Dan

Great !!! Great !!! Great!!! Great job, Hillary ! ! !

We always trust you .... You did the right thing ! We are proud of you !!

We love you !!

August 26, 2008 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  6. BJ

I think the election does not concern Hilary and she she move out of the way and just plain sit down.

August 26, 2008 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  7. Warren from Austin Tx.

That was an excellent speech by a very excellent woman.

Obama/Biden '08

August 26, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  8. Cheryl Swaim

I don't like Obama. I think he is ruthless and hypocritical. He trashed Hillary Clinton to get what he wanted. I would never trust him to be my friend. That's why I won't vote for him. It doesn't matter what Hillary says.
    McKinney '08

August 26, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  9. roberto

i was thinking the same thing. it is very hard to accept that this woman is not the nominee. i got teary eyed when she came in and got that standing ovation. she gave a great and wonderful speech. go hillary!

August 26, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  10. Ann

Great speech! Way to go Hillary!!

August 26, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  11. Dan J

If Jack Cafferty has one negative thing to say about Hillary Clinton now, he should be banned from television.

August 26, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  12. Dr. J

I am so proud of Hillary. Way to go. Time to unite.

August 26, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  13. Go Hill.

She may have just single-handedly won Obama the election.

Amazing.

God I love that woman.

August 26, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  14. Democrats Unite - Obama/ Biden 08!! Whoop whoop!!! :-)

After Hillary's Great Speech... Hillary Supporters PLEASE help us all unite the Party!! I was a Hillary Supporter and now I am behind Obama 100%!!! SO Should you!!!

August 26, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  15. Juan Carlos

This speech will be the most viewed of this convention. Hillary '12

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  16. Lisa

Democrats really screwed up. Hillary was the one. But she managed to give an inspiring speech for us to stick with the party. At least Michelle Obama could have smiled. She is so smug, heck, both of them are. I will vote democrat, only because Hillary convinced me. Not because I like Obama. And if he hadn't picked even Joe Biden, I would have written in her name. Biden will keep it together and Obama will get a crash course. This was a disgusting political year. Hillary was robbed and it was evident that most of the attendees of the convention thought so too!

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  17. chucky

If you didn't know.........now you do

Obama/Biden

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  18. Tom

I really liked this speech. She got right to the task of uniting the party and made the case crystal clear. It's either four more years of Bush/Cheney thanks to McSame, or it's four years of great opportunity to start fixing the mess and building a better future for ourselves and our children. Let's get together and get it done!

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  19. Ann

She hit it out of the park! Unity is the only way to eliminate 4 more years of the last 8 years. Way to go Hill!

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  20. ree

Would Michelle Obama have given such a great speech if Sen. Clinton was the candidate. I think not.

All you people that said such hateful things about Sen. Clinton should be kissing her feet and so should Obama and the DNC. She is such a lady.

It won't be her fault if he losses but she will get the blame becauce Obama is never wrong. It is always someone else fault.

I am still not voting for Obama.

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  21. Andrea, California

Should have been her.

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  22. Obama '08

Great speech, especially when she spoke about equal pay for women...this is a hot button issue as well as Roe V. Wade

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  23. james

Wow! To bad the DNC let a winner like Hillary go. To bad Obama snubbed and looked over her... To bad we will have 4 more years of mcbush....

August 26, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  24. pedro

hillary 2012

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  25. tammy

She was so fantastic! I really wish she were at least VP.

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |