August 26th, 2008

Schneider: A red meat speech for a hungry crowd

Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.
Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.

DENVER (CNN) - This is the closest thing to a red meat speech this convention has gotten. And man, are these delegates hungry.

Watch: "I support Barack Obama," Hillary Clinton says

"No way. No how. No McCain" is likely to get picked up.

The Clintons have always been devoted to the cause of stopping the Republican right. It’s the message that unites Clinton and Obama supporters.

1. PUMA-Darragh

Yay!! God I LOVE her!! It's so bittersweet!! I wish they both won!! BUT, she made it SO SO SO SO clear.. DO NOT throw away all of her hard work for woman's rights, for people all over the world.. don't throw away our country, her hard work and everything WE stand for just to vote for McCain!! :) :) UNITE TOGETHER!! WE CAN CHANGE THINGS TOGETHER!!

Obama Supporter
    Clinton Supporter
    Republican AND Democratic Supporter
    EVERYONE come together!!
    Healthcare for everyone!! Clean energy!! come on! We can do this!!

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  2. akaDoug

Thank you Hillary!

As a former Republician and a support of your in February...that was a great speech!

I am firmly behind Obama, because we need him! McCain is unable and unwilling to move this country in the right direction!

So thank you Hillary for everything you've given to the Democratic Party! You are a true Champion!!

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  3. zach

I thought she hit this one out of the park. I hope her die hard supporters can take something away from this. This is about the big picture. Your kids and grandkids. You may be "nervous" about Obama, but there is no reward without risk. And there is certainly no reward if you choose guaranteed suicide. 8 years is a lot of Bush that takes a ton of work to reverse the effects of. Now imagine 12 years of Bush. Don't let that happen. Hilary '16 yes. Hilary '12 – not even she can fix us at that point.

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  4. carol kesling

hillary, you knocked it out of the park!!!!!! love you,

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  5. Matt B

Hillary's best line was to ask if her supporters were in it for her personally or the ideals she stood for.

Hillary supporters: UNITE now and end the threat of BUSH term number 3.

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  6. Janet

Hiliary has inspired me to do what ever i can to elect Obama/Biden; she is such a sista"
    NO WAY NO HOW NO MCCAIN!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  7. Ann

I am an independent voter who decided early on to vote for McCain. After hearing Hillary's speech I realize that I have definitely made the right choice. McCain and Clinton both have much more experience and political influence than Obama. My vote is for McCain in 2008, so that I can vote for Clinton in 2012.

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  8. HM

Hillary: you are not my candidate, you are my president!!!
    Hillary 2012!!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  9. cas

HILLARY IS THE MOST AWESOME WOMAN!!!!

SHE SHOULD BE THE NOMINEE! SHE CARES ABOUT THIS COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE!

NO VOTE FOR O-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH!!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HILLARY!!!!

SHE HAS MY VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  10. Grey Mare Riding

I was waiting to hear Hillary's speech and I think she did what the Dems need to move forward. All of you Hillary fans should be proud and follow her footsteps and support Barack Obama and Joe Biden in their quest to become the leaders of our country. Let's get the Republicans out of the White House and elect a Senate and Congress so that we all can work together and make the United States of America the most respected nation again.

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  11. TX

Nice touching scene of young children floating off while Chelsey talks about every child having the opportunity to use their God given ability...too bad the Democrats so strongly support killing so many unborn children who never get that chance to USE THEIR GOD GIVEN ABILITY.

DEMS/LIBS – Stop supporting the murder of our fellow citizens in the womb, and I will most likely switch parties...but NOT until that greatest human right injustice is recognized and reversed. How a party can say THEY are the fighters for the weak while supporting that barbaric act...is absurd!!!

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  12. Brian

Great speech! Now there is president material. Too bad the DNC had to blow it by selecting Obama.

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  13. Ray from CA

I love how you guys say that proves she should be President, just becaus eof that speech? That's experince all right.

I am an ex-supporter of Hillary, she did pretty good in this speech but, I do say she needed to traget those supporters who want to vote for McCain over Obama, that are her SUPPORTERS!

Obama-Biden 08

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  14. Lisa

P.S. I meant both the Obamas are smug, not Hillary!

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  15. Marie in California

GREAT speech, Hillary......however.....

No how. No way. No Obama!

McCain is qualified to lead, Obama is not.

Former Hillary supporter....now for McCain!

Country first, party last!

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  16. Abdirashid Ibrahim

No matter what, I was inspired by Hillarys speech. The whole world was intrigued by this election because that a woman and a black american were involved in this. America has shown that democracy works.

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  17. Douglas Vernet

Please take that annoying, meaningless "Sound on the Floor" gauge off the screen. Will be switching networks because of it even though I highly respect the CNN Political Team.

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  18. Dan, TX

PUMA is DEAD!

LONG LIVE HILLARY CLINTON!

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  19. Christy

Bill, you are obviously in love with Hillary. The best part of the speach was her reference to Harriet Tubman. Otherwise, I am sick of hearing Hillary talk about hearing.

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  20. Sandy

I see Rush Limbaugh worshipers are out in full force tonight.

August 26, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  21. ClockWorkOrange

I just saw Hillary's speech. If Obama loses, his supporters can't blame Hillary. It's time to man up and take responsibility for their candidate's performance at this point. If he doesn't get a bump in the polls after the convention it's nobody's fault but Obama's (and the people who voted for him in the primary).

August 26, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  22. Hello!!

Listen to Hillary ladies, no true democrat should vote McCain.

Dont vote for someone who doesnt stand for your rights!
    – The right to choose
    – Equal Pay
    – Etc...

Obama/Biden 08

August 26, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  23. Melissa from Pittsburgh

Hillary was absolutly amazing. Watching her speak with such character and conviction makes me even more sad to know she will not be our parties nominee. However, if her job was to convice us that she is sincere about her support for Obama, it was a job well done.

August 26, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  24. Mark Smith

Ugh, it's rehashed media narratives like this that signal the end of traditional media, way to reaffirm your irrelevance than telling people what they want!

August 26, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  25. PUMA-Darragh

To: Clinton, no, wait, McCain Supporter

You can't be real... you cannot have just watched your woman, your Hillary say what she just said.. and you still think...

you cannot be real... period!

August 26, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |